Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I understood you to be saying it was a good move to make them leadership members on the task force.

I know Trump didn't bring them into government. Birx was in an ambassador at large role before being appointed as respone coordinator. This is why I defended her being as qualified as Fauci on these forums when leftist members and media were mewling "Where's Fauci? He's the only credible person there!!"

And I'm well aware of Fauci's long employment with NIH brought in by Reagan, and that he's not a political presidential appointee. I actually read before speaking. As for you...

The first rule of smart-ass club, is don't be a dumb-ass.
The second rule of smart-ass club, is don't be a dumb-ass.

Lol!! So you actually thought Trump deserved props for elevating the government’s subject matter experts (or at least the ones that were left after he cleaned house) and not just appointing Eric, Don Jr, and Jared to the pandemic task force?

Yeah ok I can actually see that, based on his track record.

Last edited:
I just really doubt this. There's no way this hasn't spread like wildfire through their crowed cities. We'll probably never know.
The difference is in China COVID19 reporting is it had to be the only contributing factor for them to log, for us if the patient tests positive it’s the cause of death even if they were on hospice

Reactions: allvol123
He left not too long after I joined. We were on opposite sides of the fence but I respected him. Best I remember he and LG were mortal enemies.

I like him and he was funny as hell sometimes but he, like Obsessed, wasn't as thick skinned as they enjoyed advertising.

What do they call it... fragile masculinity?

If you're a democrat you might not want to watch this video..it has New York officials saying Corona virus is nothing, Pelosi saying its nothing, and Cuomo talking about people stealing masks from hospitals...

I like him and he was funny as hell sometimes but he, like Obsessed, wasn't as thick skinned as they enjoyed advertising.

What do they call it... fragile masculinity?
Where’s Obsessed been? He seemed like a good guy. His tight jeans most likely protect him from the virus.

I had to look that up ... ummm yes and please sir ,may I have a shot of that also ?

Edit : after reading more about it I never realized how deprived I’ve been . It’s also exciting to hear what you rich folk drink . 😊
I’ve never had pappy but I’ve had Weller 12, which is another wheater with a cult following turned out by Buffalo Trace. Personally, I just don’t love wheated bourbons that much. If you like smooth, sweeter bourbons, then that’s probably the cream of the crop.

I like bourbons that are more spicy. I usually just drink Wild Turkey 101 and if it’s a celebration I’ll have some four roses single barrel. Also if we’ve got citrus fruit in the house, sometimes I’ll shave off a piece of orange peel and rub the rim of the glass with it.

I’m betting somebody already on their deathbed that tested positive is counted. I also bet at some point those types will stop being counted so things get back to normal and people feel safer to go out, but at the end of the day nothing will have materially changed from the situation we are in now.

If you look at the statistics, nothing has changed from a month ago. This predominantly kills older people and those with pre-existing conditions. Whoever on here can queue up an anecdotal Twitter story about a healthy kid dying or whatever, but the overall statistics are clear.

At some point we are going to have to accept the reality of this, who it affects and how, and get back to normal. I dont like it, I hate that it kills anyone, but we can’t just hunker down indefinitely.
i see your point and yes we see the statistics. But there are still a lot of unknowns about this virus. I have a newborn and my 5 year old has bad asthma along with my wife. Yes people die everyday and it’s apart of life but I’m not about to risk there lives and my parents lives because we idiots out here that don’t want to follow the guidelines. Sure the % is still low for them but I still don’t want them be apart of that number.

Reactions: DynaLo
Pretty sure Trump has already called that a "crisis" multiple times and devoted all kinds of federal government resources to it. His solution to it appears to be throwing money at the problem, not issuing shelter-in-place orders. Also, I don't think popping oxycontin is highly contagious.
It is if you do it at a rehab center.

i see your point and yes we see the statistics. But there are still a lot of unknowns about this virus. I have a newborn and my 5 year old has bad asthma along with my wife. Yes people die everyday and it’s apart of life but I’m not about to risk there lives and my parents lives because we idiots out here that don’t want to follow the guidelines. Sure the % is still low for them but I still don’t want them be apart of that number.

Fully understand. And I hope the best for you and your family.

But at what point do we stop the quarantine? When the quarantine drops the transmission and death rate, and we are allowed back out, Will that threat just magically just go away? I’ve said from the beginning, this quarantine is useful so we can get out hands around this problem and set up infrastructure and the like. But at some point this is going to have to play out.

In a month, 2 months, etc etc...when the numbers look better...those with conditions and those that are at risk will still be at risk, infrastructure or preparedness or not.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back