Latest Bowl Projections (12/8)

I don’t get why Schlabach had us in the gator bowl last week and now he has Kentucky. Doesn’t make any sense to me

Since the 6 bowls are all an even tiered pool and the SEC front offices decide which team plays where, he’s just guessing?

Since the 6 bowls are all an even tiered pool and the SEC front offices decide which team plays where, he’s just guessing?
Yeah just seems kind of arbitrary when nothing has really changed between last week and this week. Unless he has some inside info like 247 is claiming. Still doesn’t make sense to me that UT would want MCB over the Gator

A team with our resume (7 wins) can't be picky and sure can't expect a NY6 Bowl. I'm just pleased that we're in a Bowl and that we'll gain an extra month of practice/coaching because of it. We need more practice and coaching

I'm with you. After an 0-2 and 1-4 start I'm excited about making it to a bowl. We are such a young team that the experience, practice and coaching is so much more important and beneficial that where the bowl is. I will say that I prefer a bowl game in Florida but I think we have a better shot at getting 8 wins by playing in Nashville. I'm just glad we're talking about bowls and next year we should be in consideration for the more appealing bowls.

Don`t like these choices.

When we were 1-4 if someone had told you that UT would play in one these, with the way we had played against GA ST and BYU we all would have been excited. We are a 7-5 team. If we were 8-4 we would look more attractive to the bowl. UT maybe liking the MCB because I think I read where it pays 2 mil more than the Gator. Their expenses will be less, make more money, and play in front of Mid-state recruits and closer to Memphis recruits. For a program that owes a lot of money to fired coaches and is trying to have a stronger in state recruiting profile it might be a good bowl. But we will know for sure soon enough.

so Louisville was the MCB tie in from the ACC
Their comparable team in the SEC was UK, but no one wants that match up again
Indiana looks to be the Gator B1G tie in
So let's send UK to Gator to play their b-ball rival, that should be interesting
And we'll send Tennessee to Nashville, they should be happy about that

Is that what everyone is getting at?

Is anyone else underwhelmed with these matchups? I know we are a middle-tier SEC team, but these all look blah to me.
The product of conference tie ins and lopsided conferences. Should get rid of these conference tie ins and let bowls pick from anyone. Would probably improve attendance and tv ratings

Tell us about the North Texas loss in the 1970s because that is just as relevant. UT would smash Louisville in front of 50k bored fans
Lol. Ga State is 100% relevant. It showed the apathy of the team and coaches. UT won't crush Louisville or anyone else right now. We have a starting QB who can't throw more than 2 TD's a game against anyone not in the FCS if he throws one at all.

Reactions: Steven5198
Yeah just seems kind of arbitrary when nothing has really changed between last week and this week. Unless he has some inside info like 247 is claiming. Still doesn’t make sense to me that UT would want MCB over the Gator
MCB pays more. 2 million more.

The product of conference tie ins and lopsided conferences. Should get rid of these conference tie ins and let bowls pick from anyone. Would probably improve attendance and tv ratings
Absolutely right.

VN Store

Back