Late Kick Josh has been talking Vols a lot lately

Mullen inherited a 4 win roster just like Pruitt and both have had similarly rated recruiting classes. The difference has been UF has had better significantly better QB play and Pruitt was outcoached
All 4 win rosters are not equal. The roster Mullen inherited was far superior to the one Pruitt inherited.
Mullen inherited a 4 win roster just like Pruitt and both have had similarly rated recruiting classes. The difference has been UF has had better significantly better QB play and Pruitt was outcoached
If NFL scouts know anything the two rosters were nowhere near equal.

Reactions: Pacer92 and alaVOL
Really good listen. I enjoy this guy a lot. He’s one of the few that shoots it straight and actually knows his stuff to back it up.

All 4 win rosters are not equal. The roster Mullen inherited was far superior to the one Pruitt inherited.
If NFL scouts know anything the two rosters were nowhere near equal.
It really doesn’t matter, the fact that you would even say that just shows that you are splitting hairs. Yes, they did have more NFL picks. But at the end of the day, Mullen took a 4 win team to 10 wins in one year. In the meantime, the Vols are on their 4th coach in 10 years, and all we talk about is the mess he inherited... Sounds silly when you put it that way, doesn’t it?

Reactions: Frozevol
It really doesn’t matter, the fact that you would even say that just shows that you are splitting hairs. Yes, they did have more NFL picks. But at the end of the day, Mullen took a 4 win team to 10 wins in one year. In the meantime, the Vols are on their 4th coach in 10 years, and all we talk about is the mess he inherited... Sounds silly when you put it that way, doesn’t it?
It matters when a ton of those guys who made up Butch's strong 2014 and 2015 classes transferred/left the team or got hurt.

Mullen and Pruitt took over their respective teams in 2018. At that time, Tennessee's average star rating of the players they signed over the proceeding 4 classes was actually a couple basis points higher than Florida's was, if memory serves. Key phrase - of the player they signed, not who was currently on the team. Take a look at our 2014 and 2015 classes. How many of those guys were still on the team in 2018? Florida had way less attrition and injury on their roster than we did, hence not every 4-8 being created equal.

Tennessee 2014 Football Commits
Tennessee 2015 Football Commits

Not picking sides here because I think both Pruitt and Mullen are really good coaches but Pruitt inherited the worst roster in UT history coming off the worst season in UT history, Mullen did not inherit the worst roster in FL history. I will say this, I thought Mullen did a great job last season considering how vulnerable their offensive line looked early in the season and considering they really didn't have any threat of a good running game. I personally think Mullen is the best coach in the East until Pruitt proves that he is. I'm not sold on Kirby even with his early success. He's a great defensive mind but at some point his personality and how he treats people is going to catch up with him.

Going back to Fulmer, we’ve been out coached too many times to count...even with similar rosters. I think the rosters are closer than a few years ago, but still not even. Trench and QB play has been the big discrepancy as of late.

The lack of aggressive head coaching...truly has been costly in this series. I think Pruitt can/will change this..

Your the one that’s silly. If you don’t understand why then explaining it to you isn’t going to help.

VN Store

Back