Larry Wright, Jaws, Gator99....

This is pretty much it.

I cannot recall how long ago I started posting here but at the time the difference in quality of the board's features over others was noticeable, and that remains the case.

I find most posters here to be reasonable about football. It gets a little wacky this time of year with expectations. But that is the case everywhere.

I think it also just has value as a constant. Good times, bad times, early, late, there's continuity here I don't see elsewhere.
Plus, in the past, UTAD has done such a good job of keeping drama flowing... the period of about 3-4 months when it was real evident Butch was getting fired, even the most frequent posters couldn't keep up...Butch firing...SCHIANO (which almost broke VN)...then Currie not so secretly flying around the country making offers to any coach that could fog a mirror, to him being fired, Fulmer hired, then his coaching search, all the while having other golden topics like the Secret Source guy within the whole circus. Volnation is the best, but looking forward to VN content being more about sustained winning...

Reactions: tobybeast
One thing that I would say about most Vols (and most fans of 4-5 other SEC schools) is how
Football smart they are. I know the SEC says it just means more. And because of that, our fans really love and closely follow college football. Our fans know what quality football is And what is isn’t. Would you agree?

Yes, absolutely. And I think you are right -- its because in the SEC football DOES just mean more.

Other conferences have their slate of teams typically at the top. But other school's fan bases seem like fish out of water when their team pops up on the radar screen here and there. Consider the Big Ten and the run Northwestern had a bit ago. Ok, got them on the map with Ohio State and Michigan. Their fans got into it ... for a bit. But then they invariably fade and that's the end of that.

Compare to a Kentucky winning some games. Or Ole Miss. Their fans go nuts. And stay nuts. And that's because if you are just a middle of the pack SEC team the expectation is that you'd give the top of any other conference a run for their money.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It's crazy how some act they've never seen a woman with tig bitties before.

cache.php

One thing that I would say about most Vols (and most fans of 4-5 other SEC schools) is how
Football smart they are. I know the SEC says it just means more. And because of that, our fans really love and closely follow college football. Our fans know what quality football is And what is isn’t. Would you agree?

After the past decade, we know what ISNT quality football...

Reactions: jakez4ut
I enjoy the outside opinions/perspectives of rival fans. Most of the peeps like 99, Law, Jaws, & LW can bring and have brought some decent material to VN too. Big BOi can be entertaining at times. Pruitt needs to hurry the he11 up and produce some W's so we can yell out a big ole effin GBO once in a while. I am not getting any younger either. I mean slayer is not even a band any longer.

Reactions: Jaws
So what's next? A thread for Bama fans?

Here's a typical thread from the Alabama message boards (FarmAnimalsOnly.com)

"Roll Tide"

"I just got released from prison. Parole Tide"

"Congrats Roll Tide"

"Where is bamawriter? Scroll Tide"

"I gotta register my 9 year old for 1st grade. Enroll Tide"

"I'm going to go vote for the pedophile Roy Moore.
Poll Tide"

"I'm about to shower with my brother. Pole Tide"

"I'm jealous. Roll Tide"

"I'm going to Clemson message board. Troll Tide"

"My brother is giving me a prostate exam today. Hole Tide"

"I seduced my sister away from my uncle. Stole Tide"

"Just found out even when you get divorced, you are still brother and sister. Loophole Tide"

"I can still dip with no teeth. Skoal Tide"

"Auburn sucks. Roll Tide"

Here's a typical thread from the Alabama message boards (FarmAnimalsOnly.com)

"Roll Tide"

"I just got released from prison. Parole Tide"

"Congrats Roll Tide"

"I gotta register my 9 year old for 1st grade. Enroll Tide"

"I'm going to go vote for the pedophile Roy Moore.
Poll Tide"

"I'm about to shower with my brother. Pole Tide"

"I'm jealous. Roll Tide"

"I'm going to Clemson message board. Troll Tide"

"My brother is giving me a prostate exam today. Hole Tide"

"I seduced my sister away from my uncle. Stole Tide"

"Just found out even when you get divorced, you are still brother and sister. Loophole Tide"

"I can still dip with no teeth. Skoal Tide"

"Auburn sucks. Roll Tide"
GleamingSilentDromedary-small.gif

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Hey guys, what's going on? :cool:

For the OP, I've mentioned it at least a dozen times. VN is one of several rival boards I post on, and I also moderate another CFB board consisting mostly of UF and UT fans.

VN is easily one of the best CFB message boards out there, if not the best. TigerDroppings is solid as well.

By nature I enjoy hearing and sharing opposing points of view. Group think is boring. Going with the crowd is boring.

For me, GatorCountry is boring...but it has its moments. I post there periodically too.

Appreciate the kind words....so until butchna or behr start running this place, I'll continue to contribute. ;)

For the OP, I've mentioned it at least a dozen times. VN is one of several rival boards I post on, and I also moderate another CFB board consisting mostly of UF and UT fans.

VN is easily one of the best CFB message boards out there, if not the best. TigerDroppings is solid as well.

By nature I enjoy hearing and sharing opposing points of view. Group think is boring. Going with the crowd is boring.

For me, GatorCountry is boring...but it has its moments. I post there periodically too.

Appreciate the kind words....so until butchna or behr start running this place, I'll continue to contribute. ;)
lol

If I ran this place you guys would still be welcome. Why are all you gators and gator lovers so sensitive?

I enjoy the outside opinions/perspectives of rival fans. Most of the peeps like 99, Law, Jaws, & LW can bring and have brought some decent material to VN too. Big BOi can be entertaining at times. Pruitt needs to hurry the he11 up and produce some W's so we can yell out a big ole effin GBO once in a while. I am not getting any younger either. I mean slayer is not even a band any longer.
Listening to some Divine Intervention at work right now, outstanding!

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Just curious if you guys have ever told us why you are regulars on Volnation? You are obviously not your basic everyday trolls. As much as I hate the Gators, I’ll have to say that most of your posts are objective and reasonable and I actually agree with many. You often add insight on a good day I actually kind of like you (don’t let this leak out). My question is why? Are you bored and do you join all the SEC blogs? Do you join Kissin Cousins (or whatever bama’s site is)? Is it just TN- is there some connection to us? Feel sorry for us because of how we self destruct against you guys with all of our head games and mental baggage? Just curious.

I started posting on Govols extra way back in the day. I enjoyed the whole back and forth deal and perspectives from different people.

Many thought I was trolling. I told people I called it like I saw it. I vowed to stick around when Tennessee turned things around to prove that I wasn't trying to troll or take digs at Tennessee and be here and gone.

I eventually came here.

10+ years later and Tennessee still hasn't given me much to work with to prove I'm not trolling. 2016 gave me a glimmer, but Butch outdid himself by flushing wins against Florida and Georgia down the toilet.

I still vow to be around when Tennessee has got the upper hand.

You’re ******! 😎

If I ran this place you guys would still be welcome. Why are all you gators and gator lovers so sensitive?
They’d be out on their azz! But not before they begged me to land that way...😏

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back