Lane Kiffin (Merged)

Would you consider taking Lane Kiffin Back?

• Total voters
Currie's problem is that if he doesn't take somebody in the next 10 days, we lose this recruiting class.
Kiffin could put us back in Top 5 classes.

Reactions: 1 person
The issue being, the Fishers, Frosts, Fuentes, and the occasional Miles' and Kellys are all solid workman coaches, but Kiffin has dynamic, national swag. I makes no difference where he is, FAU or otherwise, he is top-topic of interest for all national sports talk. He and Gruden stand alone on this mountain. This is the intangible. The story, Lane Returns, would have a huge impact on this years recruiting (and for the positive because good players would want to be a part of this thing everybody is talking about). Any other coaches are going to bring in a surprise or two player and that's it. The rebuilding grind for them will begin from a very deep hole that has been dug. I'd rather jumpstart the program by shocking everyone with Kiffin and worry about his faults later.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know if I'd want him back but IF he were brought back, the buyout for his contract for other teams needs to be about a Billion dollars haha.

I’d take him. With a properly structured contract.

Agreed. Give him a ridiculous buyout that triples if he leaves for USC or Bama. Add in a clause that gives UT a quick and cheap separation if he gets the school in real trouble with the NCAA, and I'd take him over most candidates except Patterson, Gruden, or an unexpected proven P5 coach.

He knows how to win (literally never had a losing season as a head coach) and believes he can win a NC at UT. How many other coaches fit that criteria?

Reactions: 2 people
I have forgiven him.....has anyone on volnation made bad decisions in life. regretted that decision. ....and would like to be forgiven....I personally would like to see him back. ....he was a good coach. ....he just needed to grow up and I think I he did that under saban

Reactions: 3 people
I would put emotions aside and welcome him back. I want Gruden or Patterson but absent them it is Kiffin for me. Ps After the NCAA debacle with UNC I am not afraid of violations,they got no teeth.

The issue being, the Fishers, Frosts, Fuentes, and the occasional Miles' and Kellys are all solid workman coaches, but Kiffin has dynamic, national swag. I makes no difference where he is, FAU or otherwise, he is top-topic of interest for all national sports talk. He and Gruden stand alone on this mountain. This is the intangible. The story, Lane Returns, would have a huge impact on this years recruiting (and for the positive because good players would want to be a part of this thing everybody is talking about). Any other coaches are going to bring in a surprise or two player and that's it. The rebuilding grind for them will begin from a very deep hole that has been dug. I'd rather jumpstart the program by shocking everyone with Kiffin and worry about his faults later.

Hmmmm. Nice Presentation. Food for thought.

All coaches are about the money.
Structure the contract with a huge buyout on his side

Problem solved

If we took him back and won the East in year 1 or 2, he would have everyone eating crow, and it would be one of the smartest, gutsiest moves and AD ever made. I want an AD who has the balls to make a hire like that! Not some up and comer. Yes the taste is still bad in my mouth. Even though hes still a little kid maturity wise, hes much more experienced now, and would ultimately be a great fit for what we need at UT!

Out of your mind for even suggesting it. The wormy guy who takes back his unfaithful girlfriend comes to mind.

Immature azz hat who’s failed as a HC at big time schools.

Yep, he’s totally worth bringing back.

The fact of the matter is away from this board in the real world the majority of people I talk to would gladly take Kiffin back.

VN Store

Back