Lane Kiffin (Merged)

Would you consider taking Lane Kiffin Back?

• Total voters
He shouldn't be in UT's top 40.

I'll give him full credit on being a really good offensive coach. He's pretty much lousy at every other aspect of the job and has as many or more personality issues than Jones.

I know I never post on here but I read almost everything every day and have been a member since 2009. I know I am going to get slammed for this and I thought I would never say this myself but Kiffin may be the best coach for the job at Tennessee! Notice I said coach! He is brash and confident or cocky pending on how you look at it. However, I think that can be good this day and time and most of the kids these days like that. So he may not be the person you want to hang out with or be best friends! But he can win at Tennessee! Look what he did with Jonathan Crompton in one season, that was a miracle itself! Read this article below objectively and tell me that is not the kind of coach you want on the sideline! We have all done stupid things and Kiffin has admitted the way he left UT was crazy. We need to let the past stay in the past and make our best choice for our new coach no matter what! #BringBackLaneKIffinToTennessee

Lane Kiffin talks Tennessee job (really) and how the SEC is a 'different animal'

The writer of this article is a moron. He thinks that our loss to Bama was 19-14 and Josh Dobbs was quarterback. A little research would've done him good. :crazy:

if i pretend 2009 didn't happen, Kiffin is at or near the top of the list for me. which means i'd find a way to get over it if he came back.

but it's not happening.

If we make it that far down our list, I'd just assume give Kacy Rodgers a shot.

I would be very surprised if we give even a cursory glance at Lane Kiffin.

It always frustrates me when people generalize the Vols fanbase in negative ways.

Then someone posts a "Hire Kiffin" thread, and I'm like..."Yeah, some of us are kinda dumb."

Kiffin hasn't done **** as a HC. Yes he's a good OC. That's it.

Please stop spreading this cancer.

Why is Mike Shula not come up on the list.
Carolina Panthers: Mike Shula
giphy.gif

How do we know he won't bolt for the door after a year again for another program? It's like an ex that has cheated on you...they cheated once, what's to say that they won't cheat again?

If we make it that far down our list, I'd just assume give Kacy Rodgers a shot.

I would be very surprised if we give even a cursory glance at Lane Kiffin.

Parents would not let their daughters attend the University of Tennessee if Kiffin returns.

Last edited:
If Florida gets him and we don't we will hate it. Just saying

I don't get why people think Kiffin is so great. The pendulum has really swung. I always thought he did a decent job the one year he was here, but my hope is that Tennessee can do even better. A lot better

How do we know he won't bolt for the door after a year again for another program? It's like an ex that has cheated on you...they cheated once, what's to say that they won't cheat again?

Then I assume you had no issue with us bringing Cutcliffe back in 2006?

If he bolts again after one year, that means that he would have had to have done enough to turn the program around that it drew some attention from either another Power 5 school or the NFL. If he bolts to another Power 5 school, then Currie or whoever is in charge would need to be fired on the spot. If he gets an NFL offer, he most likely got us to ATL for a shot at the SEC title.

In othewords, if you fear him bolting next year, then you deep down have a fear that he will be a success and turn it around in one year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back