LadyVols pre-season thread

Kaiya Flya

Thanks for the post ! I noticed her ups while watching her in Nashville! I wondered then if she might be able to dunk the ball ? I think she will before she graduates at UT !!!!

Dunking during a game is not normal for women ..... A fast break is probably when she could accomplish this ! JMO

Similar to Candice’s at Uconn? Her biggest hurdle other than height will be holding/controlling the ball during the process.... but after viewing this clip .... I think she can doing it ! JMO

@:10-:12 seconds in the left corner you can see her braids

not only is she in the vid (also the one standing with her hands on her hips @ :36 you can see a shot of her) she also posted this to her twitter about her excitement about the start of practice

@GameTime i think you can rest your mind a little about Tamari jumping ship to go to UNC to be with her sister. i think we are safe (for now) 🙃

Attachments

• 2267FD42-4CCC-4711-B424-FD0DF0BB25D6.png
    2267FD42-4CCC-4711-B424-FD0DF0BB25D6.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
not only is she in the vid (also the one standing with her hands on her hips @ :36 you can see a shot of her) she also posted this to her twitter about her excitement about the start of practice

@GameTime i think you can rest your mind a little about Tamari jumping ship to go to UNC to be with her sister. i think we are safe (for now) 🙃

Thanks, I missed her....I lost connection last night so could not follow up until this morning...
This transfer anytime policy may be a problem for us, hope not....We shall see.

Coach, be sure and take several pictures of "The Ace" Saturday.....And above all son, wear your mask, and wash your hands after the games/practice and keep them away from your mouth....

I know I'm nagging you, but just consider me a concerned friend.

I'll do you one better GT,,,the game will be rebroadcast after the next day and I will link it...I will take a pic for you too, big guy

signed,
a concerned friend's friend

Coach, be sure and take several pictures of "The Ace" Saturday.....And above all son, wear your mask, and wash your hands after the games/practice and keep them away from your mouth....

I know I'm nagging you, but just consider me a concerned friend.

I only took one picture of her @GameTime ,,,
we had a good run tonight,,,
won the first game by nine and then played against a team in the championship that won their game by 16.
(A team who also beat this team a week ago),,,revenge time!

We won the playoff championship game scoring over the century mark and holding them to under 60.
I will paste a link to the game when they post it Monday evening...
Here's Ace:
Coach Jumper and Ace Strickland.jpg
EkkqUSIWAAAyV26

Last edited:
What are your thoughts after seeing her? Speed with the ball? Shot selection? Passing ability?

What are your thoughts after seeing her? Speed with the ball? Shot selection? Passing ability?

I will post the game link (Monday evening) and let you make your own determination,,,if of course, it is permissible for me to post the game (I have to make sure Freak's ok with it).

breakdown of the other kids you had from Knoxville area
team Jade.png

I’ve seen her play softball, basketball and run track since she was kid. I have my thoughts and they are Tennessee is slow playing a local kid who’s as good or better than what they’ve recruited outside a handful of kids the last decade.

i’ll bite ... is she as good as the kid they just got who she plays the same position essentially?

Reactions: Majors
I had the pleasure of driving back to Lakeway to watch the Elite80 games for another week. Was even more excited when I realized “Ace” was back after missing a few weeks. I had gotten to watch her in highschool last year, and I can tell you, she is LV material. I’m pretty sure Ace had half of her teams points the first game. Something like 40 of her teams 80 in a 10 point win. AND she barely shot the 3 which I know she’s proficient at. Size, speed, ATHLETICISM** and projectable frame; her stock will only grow

The second game she was closer to 20 pts I’m pretty sure. But as Coach noted her team had lost to this team the prior week without Ace. They won by 40 scoring 100 and Ace was everywhere. She spent much more time just wreaking havoc on the other team. Pushing the ball/tempo, passing, stealing rebounding. Just sheer fun watching her help her team dominate. She also seemed very high energy and enjoyed the success of her teammates as much as her own which impresses a LV fan like me.

i’ll bite ... is she as good as the kid they just got who she plays the same position essentially?

She is but they dont play the same position IMO. Ace is a natural shooting guard who can play point guard as well. Pissot is a wing who can also play the 2 and maye some stretch 4 if she's currently 6'4 and still growing. Both are great from beyond the arc and both seam to fit Kellie's style of play. Ace looks to be fast and tougher that Pissott. I hope Kellie doesn't hold off on Weathers for higher ranked players. She's a baller and I hope Kellie keeps her in state. Can't keep letting Kentucky get our players lol

She is but they dont play the same position IMO. Ace is a natural shooting guard who can play point guard as well. Pissot is a wing who can also play the 2 and maye some stretch 4 if she's currently 6'4 and still growing. Both are great from beyond the arc and both seam to fit Kellie's style of play. Ace looks to be fast and tougher that Pissott. I hope Kellie doesn't hold off on Weathers for higher ranked players. She's a baller and I hope Kellie keeps her in state. Can't keep letting Kentucky get our players lol

Nice... but i’m going to say with having family from NJ tougher is questionable if you’re not missing a limb it isn’t a foul when they played 😂

Pissot reminds me a lot of katie lou Samuelson for some reason.

so the question may be is it weathers or strickland then ...

i dunno but it does look exciting to have options! it is funny to me that neither weathers or strickland are ranked thus far if what everyone is saying is true. rankings don’t tell the story a lot of times but these ladies seem to have skills!

and i hear ya about Kentucky! stay away from TN especially in the coming years it seems to have some of the top talent !

Last edited:
Nice... but i’m going to say with having family from NJ tougher is questionable if you’re not missing a limb it isn’t a foul when they played 😂

Pissot reminds me a lot of katie lou Samuelson for some reason.

so the question may be is it weathers or strickland then ...

i dunno but it does look exciting to have options! it is funny to me that neither weathers or strickland are ranked thus far if what everyone is saying is true. rankings don’t tell the story a lot of times but these ladies seem to have skills!

and i hear ya about Kentucky! stay away from TN especially in the coming years it seems to have some of the top talent !
Both Karly and Ace lost the chance to prove themselves in the circuit this year... like many others. No coaches, different scouts, etc. also effects rank. They, like many other girls, will have next AAU season to do that, or will be great players who fall through the cracks IMO.
Another big factor is I believe both have played in their own age group until this year.

All I know is both play for extremely competitive/highest level (EYBL) and winning AAU programs. And both are major pieces that contribute to their teams success. Both have had great highschool success too

Also I personally don’t think it’s either or.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back