LadyVols pre-season thread

Thanks for the post ! I noticed her ups while watching her in Nashville! I wondered then if she might be able to dunk the ball ? I think she will before she graduates at UT !!!!

Dunking during a game is not normal for women ..... A fast break is probably when she could accomplish this ! JMO

Similar to Candice’s at Uconn? Her biggest hurdle other than height will be holding/controlling the ball during the process.... but after viewing this clip .... I think she can doing it ! JMO

CP3 could palm the ball which is a big plus when dunking in a game situation.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
i’ll bite ... is she as good as the kid they just got who she plays the same position essentially?

I’m not familiar with the kid from NJ. But as someone has already said, her (Ace) athleticism is what sets her apart. She’s 120% all the time and like someone else stated she lost time on the circuit. She hasn’t lost time if the hometown school knows about the best female athlete to me since Gloria Johnson.

There are many facets to a basketball player...skill,,,speed,,,work ethic,,,ambition,,,athleticism,,,size,,,aggression,,,control, who they want to play for,,,do they think they're already ready,,,family,,,family values,,,are they humble, arrogant, cocky, good teammates, etc?

etc,etc, etc.
It has to be a good fit across the board for a long term player-relationship.
Some coaches can coach anybody,,others want to coach a "certain type" of somebodies.
I won't chime in until I think about this one.

With Miles, I saw a needed type of player,,,a "mighty-mite speed guard". I know she was a need for the team as far as a specific void...Coach K obviously agreed

The question is what void would Ace fill?
stay tuned....

I agree with that, Ace has learned to be a better team player the last few years. Trust those around her...much of that has been due to playing with better players.

Dad played football in the 80's on the o-line, her oldest brother started his career at Tennessee playing baseball before transferring to ETSU. I know they are talking to her, just not sure to what extent right now.

Dad played football in the 80's on the o-line, her oldest brother started his career at Tennessee playing baseball before transferring to ETSU. I know they are talking to her, just not sure to what extent right now.
our staff has some eyes on Ace????

Reactions: Majors
this is pretty much compiled from what I’ve seen on here and is the extent of her national scene as I know. She started (was a Top 1or 2 scorer/rebounder) for Flight’s Top and 2022 team this summer. Just look at how dominant they were in F79E554D-93E4-4DFE-B245-AC24EA0D755A.jpegthey’re last Tournament. And if I looked at the tournament website correctly the Woods Elite team (Destiny Salary’s AAU) they played in the championship knocked Puckett and Striplins AL Southern Starz team from the top bracket. @sisaq @fifties fan

Last edited:
Coach, as I eagerly await your first hand report, I know you will be a fair and balanced observer, as you saw "the Ace" up close and personal...

I'm certain Kellie is bringing in girls that can shoot the ball, especially from the heart break line....The quickest cure to an anemic offense (think Holly) is to be proficient from the 3 point line...Once the defense comes out to stop the deep shots, the driving lanes open automatically for the easy driving lay ups...

Justine Pissott, the 6'3" deep scorer from New Jersey, fits that qualification quite nicely...She appears to be extremely versatile...She will be a terror to defend for our opponents....

Will Ace be a teammate? Sure hope so.

Coach, as I eagerly await your first hand report, I know you will be a fair and balanced observer, as you saw "the Ace" up close and personal...

I'm certain Kellie is bringing in girls that can shoot the ball, especially from the heart break line....The quickest cure to an anemic offense (think Holly) is to be proficient from the 3 point line...Once the defense comes out to stop the deep shots, the driving lanes open automatically for the easy driving lay ups...

Justine Pissott, the 6'3" deep scorer from New Jersey, fits that qualification quite nicely...She appears to be extremely versatile...She will be a terror to defend for our opponents....

Will Ace be a teammate? Sure hope so.

GT,,,
I will leave this decision up to Coach K

GT,,,
I will leave this decision up to Coach K

Coach, is this your review of Ace? What happened to the film of the games and your personal observations of Ace? By not saying anything, you are speaking very loud....

Of course all decisions are up to Kellie...We were just wanting some data from you...

This was a no "Royale with Cheese" report...
giphy.gif

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back