Lady Vols Softball

Intriguing for sure. I only say that because Karen uses twitter as a head nod to those she's interested in. This class will be interesting to watch, Pickens and Pannell are your class gems with early playing time. Destiny undersized but a big bat, after that with the extra year for covid will be interesting to see how the roster is managed. Bring in 10 players but lose 5 to graduation and 1 as of right now not returning in the spring.

Inevitably there will some players that leave. That's how it always is with big classes. I remember the Ellen Renfroe/Madison Shipman class started with like nine players and ended with three (those two plus Davin).

Interesting to see Ole Miss, NC State and Purdue in there, especially Purdue, given that at least NC State and Ole Miss have been ranked the last few years. Also surprising to see Florida that low. And where is Bama?
Revised it, Bama was #31
Purdue surprisingly is seeing the fruits of their road work by Coach Shaw. But as a staff they are seen often. NC State got some key players at MI and a pitcher who was committed to Aub up until the end of summer. Florida added quality this class, next year is when they go back to Top with the best HS the past few years in Rothrock and Mia Williams (White Chocolate Jayson Williams daughter) 1-2 in rankings. I’m more surprised Oklahoma was ranked #19 as they have 4 players in a class of 4 and all in the Top 20, the #1 player in the Nation too. LSU has the best pitching class but you could make a case for Oklahoma who brought in the 1-2 LHP.

She had been listing Karen first in her tweets now it is Beth and her pitching coach.
It'll be worth following but as just a few days ago that was where it was in regards to where she's leaning at least early. Distance advantage LSU. There will be another one from the same team TN will be after, in-state kid LHP but she's a 2025.

The St. Pete Elite Invitational schedule came out and all the teams we play I think are very good tough competition.

Thursday - Norte Dame & Florida State
Friday - Washington & Clemson
Saturday - UCF

Note: UCLA will be there so it’ll be nice to get to look at them for a couple of games before we play them the next weekend.

Our non-conference is pretty good. We play 9 ncaa tournament teams (I don’t know if we will have any when we host the tennessee invitational). NCAA champion Oklahoma & WCWS participant UCLA & Florida State. I think that’s a pretty good schedule considering our experience with the mix of youth that will play a key role throughout the year.

Anna Fox has posted on social media that she will be graduating in the summer of 2022 & will enter the transfer portal next fall. She intends to finish out this upcoming season with the team and begin look for schools once the season ends.

I have always had respect for players in this program who stick it out. I think it would have been so easy for her to transfer after this semester and look for another school. It shows how much she values academics and wanting to finish out her degree at UT.

Anna Fox has posted on social media that she will be graduating in the summer of 2022 & will enter the transfer portal next fall. She intends to finish out this upcoming season with the team and begin look for schools once the season ends.

I have always had respect for players in this program who stick it out. I think it would have been so easy for her to transfer after this semester and look for another school. It shows how much she values academics and wanting to finish out her degree at UT.

Why would she transfer at the end of the semester when she only has one left before graduating in 3 years? That would be stupid. She will be a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility left. Well played by Fox!

Reactions: Majors

Look for her to head to NC, either UNC or Duke. This was seen coming when Lair made more time in fall at 2B.

She is heading to LSU for camp this weekend per her twitter so that may end her recruitment if she is all ready thinking them. We will see.
everything is leading her to Baton Rouge to play. Still time but this one will take something drastic happening regardless of how many times Karen likes a tweet of hers.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back