Lady Vols Softball

Does anyone have their own predicted starting lineup?

1st: Morgan
2nd: Beautae
SS: Davis
3rd: Gibson
LF: Parsons
CF: Milloy
RF: Ayala
C: West
DP: Leach/Puni/Webber/Keene/Thompson*/Edmundson

I know that someone mentioned that she had an injury. Does anyone know if it was a serious one?

For the pitching I think it depends on the opponent. Obviously Rogers will be our ace, but I think White will start against some top 10 teams. Edmundson could be a good quality pitcher under Megan’s training and will start against some mid-tier teams. Someone mentioned that bender has improved and I am hopeful that is the case. She showed bright spots against alabama in the sec tournament so hopefully she can build off of that. I still think McCachran can get a lot of innings during the midweek and early season games, but someone mentioned that she has thrown a lot harder in the fall. Simpson is a mystery to me, I don’t think that we will see her a lot throughout the season, but if we do I think that she will get some midweek games like Erin Gabriel did in 2013 just to get her feet wet.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Puni is way too good of a hitter to not be the regular hitting lineup, especially over someone like Leach who I don't expect to get a ton of playing time. I think she'll be the starting DP from day one, and could potentially get time behind the plate to give West a break back there, too.

Also, isn't either Gibson or Keene also injured? I'd also like to know the status of Thompson and also Amanda Curran.

I actually can see Bender being our #3. But that depends on which Edumundson came from Lubbock.

Reactions: tim
Puni is way too good of a hitter to not be the regular hitting lineup, especially over someone like Leach who I don't expect to get a ton of playing time. I think she'll be the starting DP from day one, and could potentially get time behind the plate to give West a break back there, too.

Also, isn't either Gibson or Keene also injured? I'd also like to know the status of Thompson and also Amanda Curran.

I actually can see Bender being our #3. But that depends on which Edumundson came from Lubbock.
I listened to an interview Karen did talking about edmundson and she said that the whole coaching fiasco at TTU played a big part in her numbers being as bad as they were. I think that not having a head coach come until october will mess up any team. Karen said she has experience and at this level experience can help you a lot.

Someone said that Gibson had mono, so I don’t know the status of her health. I think Keene would get some at-bats as a DH or if her health is good at first base and morgan would DH.

I would not be surprised to see Puni take over at 3rd either, but I think her and west are definitely taking the C spot.

Puni/Gibson I believe is your DH
Puni behind the plate to give West a rest time to time. You don’t bring Puni in with her bat to not play her in your two best lineups.

Reactions: kregman
I listened to an interview Karen did talking about edmundson and she said that the whole coaching fiasco at TTU played a big part in her numbers being as bad as they were. I think that not having a head coach come until october will mess up any team. Karen said she has experience and at this level experience can help you a lot.

Someone said that Gibson had mono, so I don’t know the status of her health. I think Keene would get some at-bats as a DH or if her health is good at first base and morgan would DH.

I would not be surprised to see Puni take over at 3rd either, but I think her and west are definitely taking the C spot.
Yes she had mono the later part of fall ball. Keene was sidelined as a precaution.

Puni can mash. Great pickup. White will be a big factor too. Beautae, Gibson, and Keene all look like players.

I’m excited for the upcoming season. If White, Bender, and Edmoundson can give Ashley some support then I think this team has great potential. I think the offense will be fun to watch. I see Morgan-Beautae-Davis-Gibson-Parsons-Milloy-Ayala-White and Puni starting. Keene, Webber, and others will give us the most depth we’ve had in a while.

Saw where Anna Fox is leaving. Appreciate what she did for us especially helping with defense last year, but she has been recruited over.

Will be interesting to see the dynamics of the coaching. Apparently,Karen has gotten the message we need power hitters!

We've had power hitters. Problem is, they didn't hit once SEC games start. They bashed some home runs against non-conference foes, and then when
the SEC schedule kicked in and they faced better pitching, they couldn't hit. You recruit good hitters. Good hitters can hit for average and hit the ball out of the park occasionally--or more than occasionally.

Saw where Anna Fox is leaving. Appreciate what she did for us especially helping with defense last year, but she has been recruited over.

Graduates after this semester and will have two years in graduate school paid for at her next stop. I’d say either UNC or Duke. Has a sister who just signed with UNC and another one leaning towards Duke. Family recently moved to NC.

With the Spring Season now approaching, does anyone have any updates on Amanda, Caliyah, and Olivia. I know it’s a knee and two shoulders but don’t know if they will be available.

VN Store

Back