Lady Vols Softball

Probably because it’s a global pandemic and doesn’t just select certain people ...

Hope all players get well soon and have no ill effects
Agree. It’s hit football at least 3 times, basketball men and women now softball. It even delayed spring practice.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Agree. It’s hit football at least 3 times, basketball men and women now softball. It even delayed spring practice.

i work in a school and unfortunately it’s spreading again and kids r getting sent home left and right 😩

just hoping everyone stays safe

OT, I was watching UCLA yesterday and Garcia was pitching. Didn't she graduate two years ago? She must be 27 years old.

What do you mean Moss got to UT in 2016 was good the other pitcher that year was Gabriel who was a senior...In 2017 Arnold shows up....Moss was not a bad pitcher at all

They missed on Arnold too, they didn't get involved until Washington, Kentucky and FSU got involved. Rogers to me has been the best pitcher they've landed in since the Renfro sisters, not knocking Moss because we all loved her and what she brought to the circle. But letting Nunley go to KY cost them years in the circle and a chance to stay in the hunt. They do have to re-evaluate recruiting and let Smith take over and bring in her kids. I do believe it they give her full autonomy she can get them right again. It starts by keeping the best in-state kids home and not allowing others to get in their ear first, it has to be Tennessee first and then everyone else.

They missed on Arnold too, they didn't get involved until Washington, Kentucky and FSU got involved. Rogers to me has been the best pitcher they've landed in since the Renfro sisters, not knocking Moss because we all loved her and what she brought to the circle. But letting Nunley go to KY cost them years in the circle and a chance to stay in the hunt. They do have to re-evaluate recruiting and let Smith take over and bring in her kids. I do believe it they give her full autonomy she can get them right again. It starts by keeping the best in-state kids home and not allowing others to get in their ear first, it has to be Tennessee first and then everyone else.
I would not call Matty elite overall but she holds a special place in my Ladyvol softball heart because she gave her all for the team with a great and I mean great attitude. She was very good through some trying times. Just wish she would have had her tonsils out earlier.

I would not call Matty elite overall but she holds a special place in my Ladyvol softball heart because she gave her all for the team with a great and I mean great attitude. She was very good through some trying times. Just wish she would have had her tonsils out earlier.
Absolutely! She will forever be remembered for her infectious personality... she was one of a kind.

OT, I was watching UCLA yesterday and Garcia was pitching. Didn't she graduate two years ago? She must be 27 years old.

She was a medical redshirt her first year in 2016 then played 3 years then last year was a Covid waiver like every one else. It is now a 6 year clock instead of 5 for some of these girls.

She was a medical redshirt her first year in 2016 then played 3 years then last year was a Covid waiver like every one else. It is now a 6 year clock instead of 5 for some of these girls.

She didn't play last year so she was getting that year back with or without COVID. She was redshirting because she's on the Olympic team. Dejah Mulipola at Arizona was doing the same.

What do you mean Moss got to UT in 2016 was good the other pitcher that year was Gabriel who was a senior...In 2017 Arnold shows up....Moss was not a bad pitcher at all

Moss, unlike Gabriel and Arnold, wasn't an elite recruit. TBH she was much better at UT than I expected her to be.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
She didn't play last year so she was getting that year back with or without COVID. She was redshirting because she's on the Olympic team. Dejah Mulipola at Arizona was doing the same.

I know the intent was Olympic redshirt but officially all players last year were granted a Covid waiver including medical redshirts like Rogers who did not have to use her medical redshirt because of the Covid blanket waiver.

VN Store

Back