Lady Vols Softball

You gave me a number of girls from Alabama on the Alabama roster that is where the numbers came from. Alabama girls outside of woodard won't make an impact for them. Yes, Tennessee has made strides in softball but again I say when a staff sits down and evaluates kids and they're all pretty close they will pick the ones where they have a connection to. Karen has connects to the West coast, the Malveaux's Texas and midwest, Megan Tennessee and the southeast....You sit down as a staff and figure out where you can get a "Yes" from so you can allocate money and build your roster

Believe where we differ on this is the term "impact" player. Power 5 schools recruit the Top 1-5% of players out there to fill their roster needs. Once they get to campus, majority of those become role players and even less become All Conference or All American. To me, those that achieve honors are "impact" players. We have many out of state players on roster now that have had little to no impact during their time here, and yes we have in-state kids too. Here's we do agree, I do agree you keep your connections open on the West coast- Corana Tyson, Mercados, Choppers, Firecrackers (non franchise), OC Batbusters (although taken a step back) etc those kids can't be misses. With that said, we along with every Power 5 is in the So Cal market to get XYZ from national brand program. The benefits of the Malveaux connections won't be felt until next year or the year after in regards to Texas- early returns is that it's good based on Texas kids camping. Which goes back to Megan, said it from the time she was hired to now here, one of the biggest impacts she will have is mending bridges with regional programs. The Weekly's missed out on a great opportunity 5 years ago to create a pipeline early when an organization emerged and chose to go elsewhere after losing out on a player. With that move they lost connections on the '21 and '22 class. But Megan has them in position with '24 and beyond kids. Going back to the last part, you go where you can get a "yes" so you can allocate money. Identifying in-state talent using Top 1-5% as stated above helps free up money to offer elsewhere - many ways to do that, Hope, 32 ACT, Tennessee State Employee discounts etc. I believe we are trending in the right direction but as a fan believe we missed a major recruiting cycle of in-state players the last few years. Instead of being proactive we got caught watching others take.

Last edited:
With 9 players coming in and current players taking their extra year (covid), there are very few spots available. Looks like the Lady Vols will be very selective in recruiting.

Reactions: volfan__18
Believe where we differ on this is the term "impact" player. Power 5 schools recruit the Top 1-5% of players out there to fill their roster needs. Once they get to campus, majority of those become role players and even less become All Conference or All American. To me, those that achieve honors are "impact" players. We have many out of state players on roster now that have had little to no impact during their time here, and yes we have in-state kids too. Here's we do agree, I do agree you keep your connections open on the West coast- Corana Tyson, Mercados, Choppers, Firecrackers (non franchise), OC Batbusters (although taken a step back) etc those kids can't be misses. With that said, we along with every Power 5 is in the So Cal market to get XYZ from national brand program. The benefits of the Malveaux connections won't be felt until next year or the year after in regards to Texas- early returns is that it's good based on Texas kids camping. Which goes back to Megan, said it from the time she was hired to now here, one of the biggest impacts she will have is mending bridges with regional programs. The Weekly's missed out on a great opportunity 5 years ago to create a pipeline early when an organization emerged and chose to go elsewhere after losing out on a player. With that move they lost connections on the '21 and '22 class. But Megan has them in position with '24 and beyond kids. Going back to the last part, you go where you can get a "yes" so you can allocate money. Identifying in-state talent using Top 1-5% as stated above helps free up money to offer elsewhere - many ways to do that, Hope, 32 ACT, Tennessee State Employee discounts etc. I believe we are trending in the right direction but as a fan believe we missed a major recruiting cycle of in-state players the last few years. Instead of being proactive we got caught watching others take.

Oh no doubt like I said its all love majors and volman yall know I have nothing against yall....enjoy a good discussion.....yeah I think in the past Tennessee has used the hope scholarship and filling out the roster with basically speedy girls from the state of Tennessee and the bigger money goes to the bigger recruits out of state....what would be neat if the University of Tennessee offered in state tuition to states within a certain amount of miles from campus

Fall Ball Games this weekend. Lets pack the house!
Saturday, Oct. 23 - Tennessee vs. Carson-Newman - 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 - Tennessee vs. Pensacola State - 4 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 - Tennessee vs. ETSU - 12:30 p.m.
Best game may be against Pensacola State. ETSU is struggling and CN has enough to have an inning or two but won't last 7. Great weekend to give Ashley and White very little work and let the others fight for depth chart.

Who else pitched for us?
Edmundson, went 4 or 5 innings. CN put the ball in play but only 2-3 that were squared up. Speed difference between her and Bailey is day and night. Bailey throwing a heavy fast ball, didn’t move much but kept it low. Erin is a low 60’s movement.

Just in! Aubrey & Kelcy’s little sisters just committed to Tennessee! I had a feeling this would happen when Kelcy decided to transfer here. I am for one very excited to see them in orange. I have seen them play since they were in 10u & are great athletes.
Just curious - Is she a top player in that class or was it more due to the family connection?

VN Store

Back