Lady Vols Softball

Saw that too. Things that jump out after the initial sigh of relief to get another pitcher on board to help fill the need, depth etc.

As you mentioned, control. Committed to TN because Oregon was too far but then Coach White goes to Texas and she lands in Austin for one year. Decides to move on with limited time in the circle and come back to Knoxville with 3 years remaining. She has the physical tools, but does she have the mental competitive side in her? Megan will have the luxury of moving her up and down the rotation to find her spot.

Secondly, to me after seeing Simpson this summer they needed another proven arm. White was a take, but it comes at the expense of Bender, Maccahren and Simpson.
Again who knows what she will do but give me someone with stuff to work with. If one doesn't have the tools there is little upside in the end, Bender is solid with limited upside and Maccahren is going to take a whole retooling of pitches.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Random thought Monica has developed a change up like she needed anything else and Alexander added a changeup which helped her a great deal. Hopefully Ashley is working on a change up or power sinker to add a low pitch or change of pace to her arensal. It would make almost unhittable most of the time.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Monica actually had developed a change up at UT (and while playing on the National Team) , but she didn’t use it all that often.

What’s ironic is Michele Smith always put a change up in Ashley’s “arsenal of pitches” and I don’t know that I’ve ever seen her throw a change up, TBH.

Reactions: kregman
Website-Conference-Previews-15.png

this picture is shay O’Leary not white.

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan
Reactions: volfan__18
According to an article in the Knoxville News-Sentinel by Will Backus, Ryleigh White will have four years of eligibility with the Lady Vols, not the three like most posters on this forum have been stating. Apparently she is getting an extra season because of COVID rules.

I don’t believe that is accurate. The Covid year that everyone got back in spring sports was 2020. She was still in high school in 2020. So she will have three years to play three seasons.

Athletes in fall and winter sports got back the 2020-2021 season. Spring sports had already gotten their year back from the interrupted season last year.

According to an article in the Knoxville News-Sentinel by Will Backus, Ryleigh White will have four years of eligibility with the Lady Vols, not the three like most posters on this forum have been stating. Apparently she is getting an extra season because of COVID rules.

Nope

Again who knows what she will do but give me someone with stuff to work with. If one doesn't have the tools there is little upside in the end, Bender is solid with limited upside and Maccahren is going to take a whole retooling of pitches.
Based off this week in CA , it seems this move was proactive by the staff to bring White on. Hope she can find her groove with Megan and find a spot in the rotation.

Reactions: kregman
Who is the most likely candidates for third base and Hannon's spot in the outfield. I'm thinking Thompson will probably be the second basemen and West the catcher and everyone else is back next season. I figure the player from Oklahoma has a great shot at a position in the starting lineup.

Who is the most likely candidates for third base and Hannon's spot in the outfield. I'm thinking Thompson will probably be the second basemen and West the catcher and everyone else is back next season. I figure the player from Oklahoma has a great shot at a position in the starting lineup.

Puni
Keene/Gibson

OF
Lair Beautae with her bat and speed will challenge anyone if staff ops to put her there, can play MI too but probably not taking those away this year.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back