Lady Vols - LSU Game

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Turnovers by the Lady Vols and ball steals by LSU came close to costing the game. The Lady Vols had 19 turnovers while LSU had only 11. LSU had 14 steals of the Lady Vols...the highest that I can remember in any game. I have not yet seen the information of points scored by LSU off the turnovers and steals. The Lady Vols just are not taking care of the basketball. It came right down to the final minute before we won.

Last edited:
Most of it today was picking up the dribble panicking and throwing a bad pass because of that panic. Bad habits take a long time to break but I can see it happening. Most of the players on the floor are getting better today they made several mistakes but a win is a win.

I love Kellie, but this team sometimes drives me crazy with the lazy passes, or passed directly into the hands of the opponent. Ball security is just not a priority. And to watch those players, especially those small players, drive to the basket and we stand there and watch. No one steps in front, even when they can see the opponent starting as far out as the 3 pt line. Effort on every play as if it can be the difference in winning and losing. Half-effort is never, ever enough.

Mix casualness with minimal attention to details and you get liabilities and risks all over the floor on both ends. The buzzer does not fix these things.

Kudos to coach Fargas for continually getting the most out of much less talent and instilling competitive pride in her players.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I love Kellie, but this team sometimes drives me crazy with the lazy passes, or passed directly into the hands of the opponent. Ball security is just not a priority. And to watch those players, especially those small players, drive to the basket and we stand there and watch. No one steps in front, even when they can see the opponent starting as far out as the 3 pt line. Effort on every play as if it can be the difference in winning and losing. Half-effort is never, ever enough.

Excellent comments by you. If Kelly would only apply the Rick Barnes method ball control would return quickly. The men only had either 9 or 11 turnovers yesterday. If a mens team player has a turnover in practice, he has to run all the way from the floor to the top of the arena and back...that gets attention quickly.

Most of it today was picking up the dribble panicking and throwing a bad pass because of that panic. Bad habits take a long time to break but I can see it happening. Most of the players on the floor are getting better today they made several mistakes but a win is a win.

A lot of teams have been winning ugly...so I agree that the most important thing is that they won today even if they didn't play a good game.

Excellent comments by you. If Kelly would only apply the Rick Barnes method ball control would return quickly. The men only had either 9 or 11 turnovers yesterday. If a mens team player has a turnover in practice, he has to run all the way from the floor to the top of the arena and back...that gets attention quickly.
You do realize the menā€™s team lost their trap game. They had a big win against Missouri and then looked horrible against Alabama. It was a ugly win but at least the womenā€™s team won.

Didnā€™t see the game but let me guess the player with the most turnovers. Horston?

Oh well, it was a logical guess based on historical stats.

lol She had two turnovers (both offensive fouls). One was questionable but ya know how that goes. She played well down the stretch and made plays that helped us seal the game.

still want her to shoot better but made better decisions pulling up for floaters and not fouling out.

I guarantee if Keyen Green were in the game she would have recognized the opportunity and took a charge or to on those dribble drives. It hurts to lose her for the year.

Turnovers by the Lady Vols and ball steals by LSU came close to costing the game. The Lady Vols had 19 turnover while LSU had only 11. LSU had 14 steals of the Lady Vols...the highest that I can remember in any game. I have not yet seen the information of points scored by LSU off the turnovers and steals. The Lady Vols just are not taking care of the basketball. It came right down to the final minute before we won.

This is near the normal level for a Kellie coached team!

I guarantee if Keyen Green were in the game she would have recognized the opportunity and took a charge or to on those dribble drives. It hurts to lose her for the year.
Yes, throughout todayā€™s game I thought that having Keyen, Tamari AND Kasi would have been absolutely amazing. Iā€™ll certainly miss seeing what Keyen could do against Georgia, too. But I am encouraged that Kasi and Tamari are coming around. :D

They really didnt do the lazy passes in the Arkansas gama. Today showed me something though. They had a game plan and stuck to it. They played as a team the whole game. They ran offensive set after set. This team is learning to be coached. And they will only get better. I think they can beat any SEC opponent on any given night. Sadly they could lose as well on any given night. But today through adverse conditions they found a way to win. That is a sign of growth as a team.

I didn't catch the game but most on here predicted a 20-30 point win. What was final scorre?
The majority of the people on here are always too optimistic with our scoring and margin of victory. I said earlier that I expected us to be in the upper 60's with a 10 point win late. I thought our lead would be padded with free throws late. I missed the margin of victory and barely missed the upper 60 mark.

today through adverse conditions they found a way to win. That is a sign of growth as a team.
A win is a win is a win. And Iā€™m thrilled they won but...

Iā€™m not so sure about finding a way to win. Once KK gave them a 58-54 lead with 4:57 left in the game, they did more to lose the game than to win the game.

2-7 on Free Throws
2-7 from the field
1 turnover
committed 3 fouls

They were fortunate to win this game. Perform like this against South Carolina, Kentucky, A&M, Mississippi State, and even Alabama and Ole Miss and odds are itā€™s a loss.

Like I said, Arkansas was a somewhat ā€œfoolā€˜s goldā€ kind of win as it was a bad match for Arkansas.

Feel free to disagree in a civil manner, but itā€™s just how I see it.

I really hope Iā€™m wrong but we will see an up and down season the rest of the way.

A win is a win is a win. And Iā€™m thrilled they won but...

Iā€™m not so sure about finding a way to win. Once KK gave them a 58-54 lead with 4:57 left in the game, they did more to lose the game than to win the game.

2-7 on Free Throws
2-7 from the field
1 turnover
committed 3 fouls

They were fortunate to win this game. Perform like this against South Carolina, Kentucky, A&M, Mississippi State, and even Alabama and Ole Miss and odds are itā€™s a loss.

Like I said, Arkansas was a somewhat ā€œfoolā€˜s goldā€ kind of win as it was a bad match for Arkansas.

Feel free to disagree in a civil manner, but itā€™s just how I see it.

I really hope Iā€™m wrong but we will see an up and down season the rest of the way.
Nah. That arky win was legit!

VN Store

Back