Lady Vols Go Into South Bend and Beat ND

I was not optimistic and turned pessimistic when the news dropped on Zaay.

I know the word that ND ain't what they used to be (last season) but that was still a quality squad that the LVs defensively stifled.

The test will be if they can keep it going over the course of the season. Right now, they are riding the wave of new coach euphoria but the level of defensive intensity was much different than in previous seasons; it was rare that they gave up the baseline; they closed out on shooters and got their hands to get blocks and deflection and they hustled back on transition defense.

This game, if it is not fluke, looks like Kellie had instituted a massive culture change in very little time.
With Zay, Holly would still have lost this game. Good job Ladies!!!!!
LV are on the way back.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Still too early to tell but they seemed to play like a team, played hard on defense and looked like the Lady Vols should look. The coach looked and acted like a female head coach. Her pressers are informative, she seems to know what she is trying to do, and more importantly, why they are trying to do it. Thanks to all involved for the switch.
Just curious as to what you mean by "looked and acted like a female head coach"?

Reactions: flint
Part of me wants to say, "Don't get too excited" (shout-out to Kristen Wiig) in light of Notre Dame's historically depleted state.

But there's no denying Tennessee looked good in many facets of the game. The rebounding and blocked shots were difference-makers. Tamari Key must be considered a pleasant surprise. Some intangibles were there as well. Fans are rightfully optimistic.

Congrats to the Lady Vols. I see you.

Just curious as to what you mean by "looked and acted like a female head coach"?

Ohhhh you know exactly what they meant. Same crap - can’t just be happy the team seems to be heading back in the right direction. Gotta dog Holly, talk about her appearance, the way she talks, dresses, stands, etc. Can’t just be happy for the team.

I was so happy for Jazmine Massengill, I've watch her a lot in high school since I live so close. I went to her signing to Tennessee. I got to know her mother she is such a sweet lady. I'm just sick over Zaay Green injury. Rennia Davis is a real spark plug. Jordan Horston and Tamari Key will take the Lady Vol's a long way. Lou Brown will get her points when we need them the most. I went to the first game at TBA and watch Kasiyahna Kushkituah she played with one arm, it must have healed fast. Kamera Harris is good for 5 to 10 minutes in relief, she was a pleasant surprise last night. Rae Burrell will come around in a few games. Jaiden McCoy will do a lot of contributing to the team. Emily Saunders and Jessie Rennie will have there moments.
Kellie Harper , is the coach we need at the right time, I feel so good about her. I trust Phil Fulmer and he said she hit all home runs.
As always go Lady Vol's.

Ohhhh you know exactly what they meant. Same crap - can’t just be happy the team seems to be heading back in the right direction. Gotta dog Holly, talk about her appearance, the way she talks, dresses, stands, etc. Can’t just be happy for the team.

Listen guys, as LV fans, let's concentrate on "this team, and this coach and her staff", not the past coach and her staff.....Holly always gave 100% for the Lady Vols and for all of us......It was not good enough for most of us, and the administration, so a change was made.

Holly recruited these players, so leave the woman alone...OK?

I was so happy for Jazmine Massengill, I've watch her a lot in high school since I live so close. I went to her signing to Tennessee. I got to know her mother she is such a sweet lady. I'm just sick over Zaay Green injury. Rennia Davis is a real spark plug. Jordan Horston and Tamari Key will take the Lady Vol's a long way. Lou Brown will get her points when we need them the most. I went to the first game at TBA and watch Kasiyahna Kushkituah she played with one arm, it must have healed fast. Kamera Harris is good for 5 to 10 minutes in relief, she was a pleasant surprise last night. Rae Burrell will come around in a few games. Jaiden McCoy will do a lot of contributing to the team. Emily Saunders and Jessie Rennie will have there moments.
Kellie Harper , is the coach we need at the right time, I feel so good about her. I trust Phil Fulmer and he said she hit all home runs.
As always go Lady Vol's.

Nice post, but why no hyperlink for Phillip? 🤷🏼‍♀️

As always go Lady Vol's.

I see what you did there.

We may not be "back" yet, but to borrow a phrase from a currently-successful fb coach:

"We're coming!"

Listen guys, as LV fans, let's concentrate on "this team, and this coach and her staff", not the past coach and her staff.....Holly always gave 100% for the Lady Vols and for all of us......It was not good enough for most of us, and the administration, so a change was made.

Holly recruited these players, so leave the woman alone...OK?

100%!!!!!

What was up is that we controlled the game the majority of the time. They got loud a few times when ND made a run and we quickly shut them up.

Attendance did seem down which is sad. A program coming off two national championship games and their fab base already giving up on them. #fairweather
It actually was pretty packed for a snowstorm night. Weather was horrible and they still came out

Is Zaay Green really that huge of a loss? Just curious. At any rate...beating ND at their place when they were ranked as high as 15th in the country is a HUGE win. Tremendous start for KJH...and not expected at all. Way to go Lady Vols. Not to demean Holly...but its like we were running in quicksand with her. Hollys name will continue to be brought up for comparisons sake. It just will. Just like Butch and Dooley in football.

Is Zaay Green really that huge of a loss? Just curious. At any rate...beating ND at their place when they were ranked as high as 15th in the country is a HUGE win. Tremendous start for KJH...and not expected at all. Way to go Lady Vols. Not to demean Holly...but its like we were running in quicksand with her. Hollys name will continue to be brought up for comparisons sake. It just will. Just like Butch and Dooley in football.

Yes, yes it is.

Proponent of honesty...

ND was pretty horrific last night (bad night) and they whittled down the lead, played with some serious intensity, and weren't going to quit. We luckily had an answer for every run they made (R. Davis going super-sayian) but how often can we expect 34 points from a single player.

Tamari Key - freshman fouls and mistakes, but had sparks of phenomenal play we haven't seen in the post in awhile.
Horston - need more from her, freshman mistakes, but shows great intensity. I feel like Key & Horston are developing a psychic bond for passes...could be a solid tandem together. Moments where you see her trying to do too much (I think top 50 players often come out of HS having to shoulder their HS teams to victory and then have to learn that college bball ain't always a highlight reel of a single player every night b/c defenses are more intense in college)
Davis - great.
Massengil - floor general in the making...great stats and strong leadership...would like some more scoring, but not at the expense of everything else she is rocking!
Kushkituah - effective and strong last night against inferior bigs...fought hard, would love more scoring.
Burrell - couldn't get a read, last season she was more of a spark off the bench...I didn't notice her.
Lou Brown - lots of shots didn't drop for her...unsure
Kamera Harris - freshman mistakes, o wait...she was a healthy big that played effectively enough to not cost us when resting others. IDK

Yes!! Zay is a leader!!!!.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Exactly. It’s part of sports. But many fans are sexist and believe women are emotionally inferior and incapable of handling criticism. It’s also because people still attach Holly to Pat. So the Holly criticism won’t stop, and neither will the defenders.

It actually was pretty packed for a snowstorm night. Weather was horrible and they still came out

Yes, I was impressed that there were as many butts in seats as there were on a snowy night. If the game had been in Knoxville and it had snowed, I doubt there would have been as many orange-clad folk in TBA. Granted, South Bend is more used to the slippery stuff, but it was still an impressive turnout for them.

VN Store

Back