Lady Vols Go Into South Bend and Beat ND

My particular crow to eat is that I said based on how ragged they looked the first few games, they would never just suddenly click at ND. They did.

That's all right. A lot of us enjoyed that crow for a late supper and midnight snack and are still enjoying the leftovers for breakfast. And that bird still tastes amazing. Served piping hot with a scrumptious side dish of Irish potatoes and a whole platter of corn muffins.

Now pass me that roasted beak, willya?

However, if anyone can help me out, what is up with the shorts? Playing in High school, (yeah I’m awesome) we couldn’t get our shorts long enough! Now I’m seeing some with their shorts down, some rolled up. Are we eventually going to look like the Lady Vols Volleyball team? 😆

:eek:o_O:(

Take it from personal experience...this will not turn out well.

Reactions: livefaith
I’ll be honest, it’s been a while since watching the Lady’s. Holly drained the fun for me. I watched the game last night with the wife and it rejuvenated me. However, if anyone can help me out, what is up with the shorts? Playing in High school, (yeah I’m awesome) we couldn’t get our shorts long enough! Now I’m seeing some with their shorts down, some rolled up. Are we eventually going to look like the Lady Vols Volleyball team? 😆
Glad to be back.
Great job last night Ladies! Great job CKH!
Don't know anything about the shorts but
same for me, first game I had seen in a long
time for the same reason.

I'll gladly eat my crow on this one. I didn't think Tennessee would win WITH Zay, in one of the toughest environments in the country, versus one of the best coaches in the game, against a program that's pretty much owned the Lady Vols for the better part of a decade. Then you add the Zay news just before the matchup and the team's mental psyche dealing with a sudden loss of a key player like that, and they really had no business winning the game IMO.

I've been a vocal skeptic of Harper, but I have to give her full credit. This was definitely a HUGE step in the right direction. Zay's injury still sucks, but they just proved they have the potential to be a pretty good team even without her. Hopefully recruits are starting to notice too...

Good to see the other side of your coin ! 1573562349361.png

That is the worry though. There will be nights when Rennia does not deliver 33. With Zaay, we had another big time scorer to fall back on. That puts a lot of pressure on Horston (who looks just fine with it) and the role players.

Rae will need to find her game and become a 10 pt a night scorer.

This was my biggest reservation as well. We won’t be able to count on Rennia every night for a performance like that. I truly believe she can be a consistent 20pt a night player but she needs help.

I’m hopeful that as Lou’s knee improves she can become an 8-10 pt. player. She’s a real calming force out there and I anticipate her 3s will start falling as that knee gets better and she has more lift. Same for Rae, she could be the x-factor off the bench this season.

This was my biggest reservation as well. We won’t be able to count on Rennia every night for a performance like that. I truly believe she can be a consistent 20pt a night player but she needs help.

I’m hopeful that as Lou’s knee improves she can become an 8-10 pt. player. She’s a real calming force out there and I anticipate her 3s will start falling as that knee gets better and she has more lift. Same for Rae, she could be the x-factor off the bench this season.
I'm looking forward to what the offense will be when Jessie Rennie gets it all together

1572165052_jessie-rennie_gs_t1070_h00fef9cc8112bbb391c798523c8c27f79d192782.jpg

I'll gladly eat my crow on this one. I didn't think Tennessee would win WITH Zay, in one of the toughest environments in the country, versus one of the best coaches in the game, against a program that's pretty much owned the Lady Vols for the better part of a decade. Then you add the Zay news just before the matchup and the team's mental psyche dealing with a sudden loss of a key player like that, and they really had no business winning the game IMO.

I've been a vocal skeptic of Harper, but I have to give her full credit. This was definitely a HUGE step in the right direction. Zay's injury still sucks, but they just proved they have the potential to be a pretty good team even without her. Hopefully recruits are starting to notice too...
What was up with the crowd?? Seems like ND women’s games are usually well attended. There was nobody there and you could hear a pin drop at times.

Reactions: RollerVol
What was up with the crowd?? Seems like ND women’s games are usually well attended. There was nobody there and you could hear a pin drop at times.

What was up is that we controlled the game the majority of the time. They got loud a few times when ND made a run and we quickly shut them up.

Attendance did seem down which is sad. A program coming off two national championship games and their fab base already giving up on them. #fairweather

Reactions: RollerVol
Weather may have played a big factor in poor attendance.

Against my better judgment, went to see what the Boners had to say. Most were very complimentary of the effort even while acknowledging the obvious (28 turnovers, ND overrated and inexperienced, etc.). Could have been reading comments from our board.

Consensus was that culture change has arrived in Knoxville. Unselfish play, ball movement, defensive intensity, no quit.

They're seeing what we're seeing. A growing program that is much improved over recent years.

It was 40° and dry on the 11th. That’s an excuse if I ever heard one. They have a winter storm moving in today, but that doesn’t stop things in a place like that anyhow. Just part of living in the north.
Dang, so their fans didn't show up when the weather was literally fair?

Shoutout to our small crowd of orange behind our bench. Hoping I'll be there to help fill our crowd out on January 23rd!

What was up is that we controlled the game the majority of the time. They got loud a few times when ND made a run and we quickly shut them up.

Attendance did seem down which is sad. A program coming off two national championship games and their fab base already giving up on them. #fairweather
ND attendance - 7801
TN attendance first home game with new coach - 7278

Weather may have played a big factor in poor attendance.

Against my better judgment, went to see what the Boners had to say. Most were very complimentary of the effort even while acknowledging the obvious (28 turnovers, ND overrated and inexperienced, etc.). Could have been reading comments from our board.

Consensus was that culture change has arrived in Knoxville. Unselfish play, ball movement, defensive intensity, no quit.

They're seeing what we're seeing. A growing program that is much improved over recent years.
Unbelievable that the program wasted 7 years trying to make Holly happen...

Didn't look anywhere near 7801 on TV. I have my doubts about that being a real number.
Most, if not all, schools report tickets sold as attendance. So, if a lot of season ticket holders fail to show up the butts in the seats won't look like the attendance report at all. Once upon a time Tennessee reported both tickets sold and actual attendance. The two were never the same!

Jim

VN Store

Back