Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

You’ve been wrong all season, Lucy. Don’t change now! Stick to those guns and keep patrolling the forums for potential recruits

View attachment 627737
We’ll see who is right when Kellie throws out the first ball for practice next year.
But you keep trying to convince yourself she was ever in trouble.

Or imagine if they got her fired for the second time in her coaching career. The committee knew exactly what they were doing when they set that matchup.

1. Ticket sales
2. Story lines
3. History
Better change of beating them in a second round game.
Than Texas/Stanford
Only watch Stanford few YouTube games thirty minutes highlights video of them and few minutes of Texas no one minute of North Carolina state state.
All Three are in Tennessee bracket 2-4 round games.
Of the three North Carolina state is the easiest team to beat on their home court.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here already — but Tamari gets a home game. Hopefully two. This is familiar territory for the staff. Kellie and Jon coached there. Sam and Joy coached in ACC. Only 5.5 hours from Knox. This is a pretty solid setup for a team that’s not hosting, imo. I hope they capitalize.

Did the team go there for a preseason scrimmage too?

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here already — but Tamari gets a home game. Hopefully two. This is familiar territory for the staff. Kellie and Jon coached there. Sam and Joy coached in ACC. Only 5.5 hours from Knox. This is a pretty solid setup for a team that’s not hosting, imo. I hope they capitalize.

Did the team go there for a preseason scrimmage too?
No. The “scrimmage” was at a resort in the mountains.

IMG_5165.jpeg

Last edited:
I like our chances.
Like chance es of a contract extension with a sweet sixteen NCAA tournament run even better than Texas or Stanford on their home court.
But Tennessee may get a chance to play all Three if they win. Stanford or Texas would be a big win.
Don't know which would be harder to beat.
But beating a higher rank team on their home court would be and upset win for Tennesse.To some degree.
Even if I think Tennessee has a good chance vs North Carolina state

Like chance es of a contract extension with a sweet sixteen NCAA tournament run even better than Texas or Stanford on their home court.
But Tennessee may get a chance to play all Three if they win. Stanford or Texas would be a big win.
Don't know which would be harder to beat.
But beating a higher rank team on their home court would be and upset win for Tennesse.To some degree.
Even if I think Tennessee has a good chance vs North Carolina state
Pretty much the best we could have hoped for. The doors open, let's see what we can do with it.

The ladies will get past Green Bay, could get past NCSU but highly doubtful. Make a liar 🤥 out of us non-believers, go Lady Vols!!
Don't be so sure about that. Tennessee bested NC State in the pre-season scrimmage mentioned previously in this thread...and Tamari was not in playing shape at that time. I think we've got a fighting chance!

Don't be so sure about that. Tennessee bested NC State in the pre-season scrimmage mentioned previously in this thread...and Tamari was not in playing shape at that time. I think we've got a fighting chance!
Gonna be hard but I’ve seen the ceiling for this team and it is high! (Sorry for not using any punctuation— Monday mornings 🥱)

I've saw on here where this conference was weak this year and saw where the Men are right with B-12 as best in the Country. Then I see that Men & Women both get 8 teams in the Dance. I know there were 5 teams that could have won SEC on mens side and just 1 IMO on the women's side, some would argue LSU but I digress. I said all of that to say the Conference is still deep and strong and we may be too close to the teams to realize. JMO.

VN Store

Back