Lady Vol Softball Pitching 2015

Pitching became an issue this year. Ellen has been a great Vol, but her effectiveness fell noticeably in the last part of the year and she got knocked around pretty good by Oklahoma. She might have had too much pressure, who knows.

Next year is a major question mark. I'd like to hear SOMEBODY in the media ask the Weeklys why Gabriel never pitched more than 2 innings--I don't how you can go through an entire season and no media member asks that quite obvious question. Maybe someone did and I missed--but there was no explanation on the board.

I've been wondering the same thing,do you think they have been going easy on her because of her injury ?

she was looking like she had settled in and then she was yanked,of course it is hard to argue with what the coaches are doing

According to my hometown paper today, the Jackson Sun, Ellen Renfroe signed a pro softball contract Thursday 5/29 w/the Chicago Bandits of National Pro Fastpitch. She joins fellow UT all world Monica Abbott on Chicago's pitching staff....giving the Bandits the two most accomplished pitchers in Lady Vol softball history.

I think with another year of healing, Erin will be pretty good next year. Gaffin also showed some pretty good stuff this year. So I think they'll depend on her a lot too. Tarrango with another year should be good too. I think we'll be fine.

Yeah she will actually get to pitch and workout in the Fall! I also think Gaffin and Tarrango will focus more on pitching in the Fall imo...The signing class and current players will fill their roles in RF and 1B while they focus more on pitching instead of hitting...but that's just a guess

Gaffin and Tarrango are stopgaps--positions players who can pitch but are not top-level pitchers. We basically don't have a dependable, top-level pitcher at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
Gaffin and Tarrango are stopgaps--positions players who can pitch but are not top-level pitchers. We basically don't have a dependable, top-level pitcher at this point.

Cause we have 3 coming in the class of 15'....what you're looking for is for them to hold teams to 3 runs or less every time out....it's going to look like when we had Cat Hosfield and Megan Rhodes pitch next year...they were not bad pitchers they kept us in ball games...that's all we need for next season

The difference between effective and ineffective pitchers in major college softball can be just a couple inches difference in where you locate your pitches. It is surely something that could be improved by next year.

VN Store

Back