Lady Vol Softball Pitching 2015

Exray

VOL for Life
Who will replace the great pitching that we are accustomed to in order to stay competitive?

Who will replace the great pitching that we are accustomed to in order to stay competitive?

We only have 3 scholarhsips available for 2015, so my guess is that we replace Shipman, and maybe bring in a couple of pitchers.

You are correct 2015 recruiting shows three in coming pitchers. Interesting site shows verbals all the way out to 2018 when we have another Shipman coming in.

I saw where Anna Bush the #2 ranked pitcher is supposed to be coming to UT out of Georgia. Can anyone confirm.

I saw where Anna Bush the #2 ranked pitcher is supposed to be coming to UT out of Georgia. Can anyone confirm.

Do you mean Bria Bush? Yes. I don't know if she's the number 2 ranked pitcher? I don't think those rankings mean a whole lot anyway but she's very good. All State in Georgia. I think the Weekley's felt they would have good enough pitching next year and waited to bring in pitchers the following season. It might be a down year next year but they have a whole year to work with Tarango, Griffin and Gabriel to develop some pitches that might make them successful. Gabriel seems to have a lot of velocity but wonder if her injury hurts her ball movement. Maybe that will improve with another year of healing.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes that's her. The site I found browsing was something like the top 100 of 2015. It listed her as the number 2 pitcher. Maybe it meant number 2 in Georgia. Not sure.

Hopefully Monica Abbott has three or four legacy babies. There will never be another as good as her on the mound I fear. But the future is bright for the Lady Vols.
One thing that surprises me though. How do they recruit California so well?

Hopefully Monica Abbott has three or four legacy babies. There will never be another as good as her on the mound I fear. But the future is bright for the Lady Vols.
One thing that surprises me though. How do they recruit California so well?

I think the Weekley's both coached out West for awhile and know a lot of the travel coaches. They will have three good freshman pitching candidates coming year after next in Bush, Morrison, and Moss. All three of those players are good all around players too. These next two recruiting classes coming in should be special. They might consider next year a down year though just because of the pitching. We'll see don't count them out yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Its amazing how the game has become so balanced over the last 10 years. Its not just the west coast schools anymore. I know the titles haven't come this way much. But that will change. Softball is becoming more and more popular.

There is a rumor that we are getting a five star pitcher coming in to play next season. She is a lefty who supposedly de-committed from Stanford. Ralph also made the statement recently that we would be bringing in a five star pitcher.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a rumor that we are getting a five star pitcher coming in to play next season. She is a lefty who supposedly de-committed from Stanford. Ralph also made the statement recently that we would be bringing in a five star pitcher.

link ?

on to larger news... it appears that Riley Ferguson had flunked out of school.... :(

best QB never to play a down at UT?

on to larger news... it appears that Riley Ferguson had flunked out of school.... :(

best QB never to play a down at UT?

the thread listed flunked, homesick, disgrutled - does anyone really know the reason ?

Hey guys those 2015's is the year they graduate...they won't step on the field for UT until the Spring of 2016

Pitching became an issue this year. Ellen has been a great Vol, but her effectiveness fell noticeably in the last part of the year and she got knocked around pretty good by Oklahoma. She might have had too much pressure, who knows.

Next year is a major question mark. I'd like to hear SOMEBODY in the media ask the Weeklys why Gabriel never pitched more than 2 innings--I don't how you can go through an entire season and no media member asks that quite obvious question. Maybe someone did and I missed--but there was no explanation on the board.

Youre correct armchair. Unfortunately, the media asks softball questions. (Pun intended)

I think with another year of healing, Erin will be pretty good next year. Gaffin also showed some pretty good stuff this year. So I think they'll depend on her a lot too. Tarrango with another year should be good too. I think we'll be fine.

From what i saw from Gabriel she has the velocity but she has to work on location. Cant put it in the happy zone for hitters like OU has.

From what i saw from Gabriel she has the velocity but she has to work on location. Cant put it in the happy zone for hitters like OU has.

I've never pitched softball only baseball but I think on a lot of the stuff like screwballs and curves there is a lot more hip action from the girls and if you have a hip issue it probably seriously limits what you can do.

VN Store

Back