Lady Vol Softball Loses Recruit

don't follow softball recruiting but I know we have several outstanding commits. Was this a recruit of note or highly rated? Thanks

Emily Cazares, from Athletics-Mercado/Smith and Buchanan High of Clovis, CA, decommitted from Tennessee and plans to re-open the recruiting process, the standout 2020 outfielder confirmed on Wednesday. Cazares, ranked No. 71 in the 2020 Extra Elite 100, said she originally committed to Tennessee on Oct. 24, 2016, but now she wants to see what other schools are out there now that she has matured and gotten older.

...Cazares' Athletics-Mercado/Smith teammate Ryleigh White also recently decommitted from Tennessee and committed to Texas on Tuesday.
Recruiting News: 2020 Extra Elite 100 Outfielder Emily Cazares Decommits from Tennessee, Opens Up Her Recruiting - Extra Inning Softball

Reactions: RollerVol
Emily Cazares, from Athletics-Mercado/Smith and Buchanan High of Clovis, CA, decommitted from Tennessee and plans to re-open the recruiting process, the standout 2020 outfielder confirmed on Wednesday. Cazares, ranked No. 71 in the 2020 Extra Elite 100, said she originally committed to Tennessee on Oct. 24, 2016, but now she wants to see what other schools are out there now that she has matured and gotten older.

...Cazares' Athletics-Mercado/Smith teammate Ryleigh White also recently decommitted from Tennessee and committed to Texas on Tuesday.
Recruiting News: 2020 Extra Elite 100 Outfielder Emily Cazares Decommits from Tennessee, Opens Up Her Recruiting - Extra Inning Softball
Crazy stuff going on it seems to me!

White was number 26 and now losing number 71 hurts the class that was ranked number four some. We still should be top ten or just slightly below. Still have pitcher Amber Linton and with all the freshmen pitchers coming in think we'll be fine in pitching.

With the changes in the contact rules last year, there have been some hurt feelings with recruits in future classes at a lot of schools. When you have coaches at other places that have continued talking to kids in excess of the rules, it exacerbates those feelings. Coaches that do it the right way are making kids feel unwanted and coaches that are willing to push the limits are taking advantage.

With the changes in the contact rules last year, there have been some hurt feelings with recruits in future classes at a lot of schools. When you have coaches at other places that have continued talking to kids in excess of the rules, it exacerbates those feelings. Coaches that do it the right way are making kids feel unwanted and coaches that are willing to push the limits are taking advantage.
Thanks!!! Cheating at its finest!

I assume our coaches spell out to the recruits what the contact rules are so the recruit will know who is breaking the rules and who is following the rules? If that is the case and a recruit (or their parents) decide they need their butt kissed more than we are allowed to kiss it, then I am good with them getting it kissed elsewhere. But that may just be me :).

Reactions: Scissor Hands
I assume our coaches spell out to the recruits what the contact rules are so the recruit will know who is breaking the rules and who is following the rules? If that is the case and a recruit (or their parents) decide they need their butt kissed more than we are allowed to kiss it, then I am good with them getting it kissed elsewhere. But that may just be me :).
It is what it is except when it aint! That dude in Texas has done shady stuff while he was on the left coast from what has been said. It just makes our coaches look like we cannot keep a recruit but truth be known something smells funky!

Reactions: Nickid1975

Both the girls in question are seniors this year and neither have signed a NLI, so they are fair game to anyone. Contact rules only apply to sophomores and below.

Both the girls in question are seniors this year and neither have signed a NLI, so they are fair game to anyone. Contact rules only apply to sophomores and below.

Never said they did or didn't apply to the kids in question. My point is that the change in rules has changed the dynamic of what commits and parents are expecting summer recruiting prior to the senior year of high school to look like. They have changed what other recruits and parents expect.

I've said all I want to say on the topic at this point.

It is what it is except when it aint! That dude in Texas has done shady stuff while he was on the left coast from what has been said. It just makes our coaches look like we cannot keep a recruit but truth be known something smells funky!

VN Store

Back