‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

If CJH can somehow pull out a 10-win season in the next two years I think it would get the ball rolling again. With the facilities, support, and resources, there is probably a lot of talent just looking for an excuse for optimism and reason to come here.

Something about a Manning going to Bama just doesn’t feel right. It probably won’t happen.

Going to UGA would suck.
I think that's a given. Butch showed a lot of promise and the recruits flocked. Win 6-7, then 7-8, then 8-9, and we'll find ourselves back in the top 10 recruiting rankings.

If CJH can somehow pull out a 10-win season in the next two years I think it would get the ball rolling again. With the facilities, support, and resources, there is probably a lot of talent just looking for an excuse for optimism and reason to come here.

Something about a Manning going to Bama just doesn’t feel right. It probably won’t happen.

Going to UGA would suck.
I don’t see either one honestly. What has Kirby done with QB’s that would give him any confidence in his decision making and development of any of the quarterbacks he’s had? Maybe JT Daniels will be different, but no one knows. For all of Bama’s success, they have zero track record for producing quality NFL QB’s . Maybe Tua will, maybe Jones will, but there are no home runs . Add in the element that Saban’s staff is a constant revolving door for guys to rehab their career. I don’t see the Manning’s really being ok with Arch going to Bama. I’m sure they would always support him, but other than Mississippi State, I think the Bama hate is strong .

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Correct...except that Clemson doesn't have that one conference opponent that beats them almost every season to prevent a potential national championship appearance.
Exactly. If FSU had Jimbo and he had it rolling I think it would be a very accurate parallel.

We are not even good enough to make the list of schools that Arch Manning will be visiting....I would have thought we could at least be a school he considered given the legacy

We are not even good enough to make the list of schools that Arch Manning will be visiting....I would have thought we could at least be a school he considered given the legacy
I don’t blame him. I hope Hueple gets it done, but he has a lot to prove.

Reactions: walkenvol
Can't see any big name recruits coming here until this NCAA stuff of over and Peyton is probably one of the reasons we are not considered. The expectations for him at TN would be over the top unrealistic and unattainable. Why go thru that.

You mean like 2022 Tayven Jackson who is a consensus 4 star, top 15 QB in the nation and committed to us over Arizona St and Auburn?

They’ve basically hijacked our program. They are us 20 + years ago.
No doubt our struggles have in one way or another helped their recruiting. Same for UGA especially.

I'd go as far to say

The Vols struggling has indirectly helped Bammer too.

We gotta take some responsibility for college football lacking parity right now.

Teams like us, FSU, Miami and Texas not having their ish together.

I don’t think we recruit him as a legacy. His dad, granddad, and an uncle went to a different school. Ole Miss is thinking legacy. We have to recruit him like we would any other top player, just with better connection than other schools.

Don't expecting him to be interested just because of the name, his and the university's. It isn't that simple, even for the big time programs and coaches. Heupel's been at UT for like 3 months. These other coaches have existing relationships with the kid. Give him a minute to work before you step off the ledge in disappointment.

Don't expecting him to be interested just because of the name, his and the university's. It isn't that simple, even for the big time programs and coaches. Heupel's been at UT for like 3 months. These other coaches have existing relationships with the kid. Give him a minute to work before you step off the ledge in disappointment.
New Coach does not and will not have time.
He will be long gone from Knoxville before young Manning ends his college career.

VN Store

Back