‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Saban had stated awhile back that he thought Nico was the best QB in this class.

Hadn’t seen that but glad to hear it. Link?

Out of the top prospects, Arch plays the worst competition and yet has the worst stats.

Also is a pocket passer that has the worst surrounding talent.

They just had a TE commit to Texas not too long ago…so no he has talent around him. He got obliterated in the playoffs and I can’t get past the fact Eli and Peyton both had better stats back in the day when it was more run heavy play action offense

Reactions: BigALWiLson

He has other D1 talent around him. His TE is also a Texas commit, and OBJ went to that school. That private school isn't just loaded, but it's not completely void of talent either.

Arch does play Many HS (Yes, that's it actual name) this year. They have a big time 2023 LB (Tackett Curtis) and 2024 S (Tylen Singleton). So that's probably his biggest game this year. They brought Berkeley Prep in last year, who has Keon Keeley. Arch was solid in that game. Keon had a pick but I think it bounced off someone or something

They just had a TE commit to Texas not too long ago…so no he has talent around him. He got obliterated in the playoffs and I can’t get past the fact Eli and Peyton both had better stats back in the day when it was more run heavy play action offense
He has other D1 talent around him. His TE is also a Texas commit, and OBJ went to that school. That private school isn't just loaded, but it's not completely void of talent either.

Will Randle is Arch’s best friend and was considered to be, if not a package deal, at least a deal sweetener for getting Arch on board.

So glad Heup was smart enough to not go hard for Arch. So glad we got Nico instead. Nothing about Arch stands out except the name. I see a transfer in his future. His name alone will bring drama wherever he goes.

I THINK Arch accepted an Army All-American Game invitation. So more than likely he'll go against one of them.

I'm not sure that's a good idea for a player like Arch. He has so much hype there's nowhere to go but down. Plus, there are a lot of people who'd like to see him taken down a notch, maybe even some involved in that game. Better to just concentrate on getting ready for school IMO.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Is this kid gonna be forced to camp or do any sort of AA game where we can see the difference between him and Nico / Malachi?

Can’t make anyone camp.
Either he’ll live up to the hype or he’ll fall flat.
People, especially Texas fans, expect him to win championships and awards so good luck kid you’ll need it.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
So glad Heup was smart enough to not go hard for Arch. So glad we got Nico instead. Nothing about Arch stands out except the name. I see a transfer in his future. His name alone will bring drama wherever he goes.
I would be shocked if he transfers. I dont think he was raised that way.

Actual skill level coming out of high school
I'd rank the Manning's as such

1) Arch 9.1
2) Peyton 8.5
3) Eli 6.8

Arch is legit...he's just not Nico.
Ewers is overrated and I don't see him holding off Arch.

Time will tell. But i really believe we have the best player in the country committed to us.

Arch is legit, not sure if number 1, but has had better development and more resources than any other prospect. He will be well ready. I am happy with Nico as I think Nico has a higher ceiling, but I am not going to trash any QB with the Manning name.

Reactions: Exiled

Is he though? Of all his stats his 9+ YPC is one that actually stands out. Plays more like his grandfather than Peyton.

I do agree his passing stats leave quite a bit to be desired.

Arch is legit, not sure if number 1, but has had better development and more resources than any other prospect. He will be well ready. I am happy with Nico as I think Nico has a higher ceiling, but I am not going to trash any QB with the Manning name.
Manning name or not, there's just no need to trash any QB haha.

We have the best one, and there's really no reason to care about any of the other ones and where they go.

Reactions: VolFanNC09
That could be a downside. Guys that reach their potential really early on tend to get overrated. Harrison Bailey is a prime example of this. Kid was a stud at 13 and 14, relatively speaking. But he was also already hitting his ceiling, just as others were developing and passing him by. He ended up not being able to grow more in 2 years here and then ended up at one of the worst programs in FBS football.

Reactions: Montrell Hardy
We’ll have to see how Arch ends up as a college player. I’m sure he is getting a bump due to his name and really don’t see him as a perfect score recruit, but what do I know? Being the scion of a family of HOF players isn’t nothing, however, and a lot of these legacies do work out.

What is objectively true at this point is the Arch Effect on recruiting. Since Arch committed on Thursday, Texas has gotten 7 new commitments and is now up to #3 in the composite. And there are more on the way imminently.

VN Store

Back