'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

Williams recently backed off his commitment to Florida. Afterward, the four-star defensive back named Alabama and LSU as his co-leaders. He took an official visit to Houston over the weekend and is eyeing trips back to Tuscaloosa and to Auburn and Kentucky in the next few weeks. However, there's plenty of reason to believe that if Williams returns to Alabama, he may elect to make a decision before returning home.
-Rivals

well, it's MSU, so nobody cared.
This right here. Mullen is learning the hard way that you can get away with stuff in Starkville when your main rival is Ole Miss and no one expects you to be a serious contender. You can't do the same things in Gainesville when your main rival is Georgia and kicking your ass both on and off the field. Kirby is about to do it again too, Rosemy silently committed to them and still took a UF visit.

This right here. Mullen is learning the hard way that you can get away with stuff in Starkville when your main rival is Ole Miss and no one expects you to be a serious contender. You can't do the same things in Gainesville when your main rival is Georgia and kicking your ass both on and off the field. Kirby is about to do it again too, Rosemy silently committed to them and still took a UF visit.
Half of Vol Nation wanted him hired here.

Reactions: Jaws

Mullen’s recruiting is a significant upgrade over what UF was getting under Mac and will continue to improve as he goes. Florida is dropping 2 billion, yes 2 billion into facilities over the next several years with the emphasis on football. Florida is basically saying, “y’all want an arms race on facilities, we’re in and we’re taking it to a unprecedented level.” UF’s rival fans act like Florida is getting nobody in recruiting, when the fact is Mullen is reeling in plenty of outstanding players, and will have back-to-back top 10 classes when it’s all said and done. All these alleged recruiting struggles yet Florida’s 2020 class is ranked 8th right now nationally and 4th in the SEC behind Bama, UGA and LSU. And with a great season and some serious talent still considering UF strongly, UF could finish with a top 5 class or better.

Mullen took McElwain talent and went 10-3 in year one with a major bowl win. He finished 7th in the country in the final AP (tied with Georgia) and 6th in the final coaches poll (two spots ahead of Georgia). So Mullen finished better than Kirby in YEAR ONE with someone else’s players. And if you look at Kirby’s year 1 at UGA v Mullen’s year 1 at Florida, it’s a totally lopsided win for Mullen. Kirby lost to McElwain that year.

Georgia is in trouble in the East with a resurgent Florida under Mullen and they know it. That’s why Georgia and their fans are so damn nervous and worked-up right now.

Last edited:
Mullen’s recruiting is a significant upgrade over what UF was getting under Mac and will continue to improve as he goes. Florida is dropping 2 billion, yes 2 billion into facilities over the next several years with the emphasis on football. Florida is basically saying, “y’all want an arms race on facilities, we’re in and we’re taking it to a unprecedented level.” UF’s rival fans act like Florida is getting nobody in recruiting, when the fact is Mullen is reeling in plenty of outstanding players, and will have back-to-back top 10 classes when it’s all said and done.

Mullen took McElwain talent and went 10-3 in year one with a major bowl win. He finished 7th in the country in the final AP (tied with Georgia) and 6th in the final coaches poll (two spots ahead of Georgia). So Mullen finished better than Kirby in YEAR ONE with someone else’s players. And if you look at Kirby’s year 1 at UGA v Mullen’s year 1 at Florida, it’s a totally lopsided win for Mullen. Kirby lost to McElwain that year.

Georgia is in trouble in the East with a resurgent Florida under Mullen and they know it. That’s why Georgia and their fans are so damn nervous and worked-up right now.
I live in Georgia, and work with a bunch of Georgia fans and they don't seem very nervous about Mullen. Smart's 2-0 against Mullen as a head coach and has outscored him 67-20 in those games. Things can change, but right now they are mostly concerned with Alabama.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We will see at UF. Mullen couldn’t recruit well enough at UT regardless of what he is doing at UF.

How do you know that? It’s hard to hypothetically project how a coach would do at other places. Mullen is getting big time talent at Florida, top ten talent. With his ability to coach on game day, that’s good enough to win.

I live in Georgia, and work with a bunch of Georgia fans and they don't seem very nervous about Mullen. Smart's 2-0 against Mullen as a head coach and has outscored him 67-20 in those games. Things can change, but right now they are mostly concerned with Alabama.

I lived in Georgia for 19 years before recently moving back to Jacksonville. I’m in the heart of the Florida-Georgia fan interest. They’re nervous about Florida, and should be. They enjoyed an unobstructed path in the East the last two years. That is over.

I lived in Georgia for 19 years before recently moving back to Jacksonville. I’m in the heart of the Florida-Georgia fan interest. They’re nervous about Florida, and should be. They enjoyed an unobstructed path in the East the last two years. That is over.
We'll see, I've watched the spring games of all of our SEC opponents, and I don't know whose going to obstruct them this year. You all appeared to be the second best team in the east but the gap was substantial in my eyes. Might be different next year if Fromm and some of the other underclassmen go pro.

How do you know that? It’s hard to hypothetically project how a coach would do at other places. Mullen is getting big time talent at Florida, top ten talent. With his ability to coach on game day, that’s good enough to win.

He’s been an SEC coach long enough. I was not thrilled when his name came up at UT. I said it then- great developer of talent but not a great recruiter. UT needs both.

Is your class still top 10 after the defections and one who didn’t qualify? He is used to taking flyers on kids because he was at MSU for so long. His personality is such that he isn’t a great recruiter. But UF is the best fit for him because there is a bunch of talent around campus. Not so much at UT.

It’s still unobstructed.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We'll see, I've watched the spring games of all of our SEC opponents, and I don't know whose going to obstruct them this year. You all appeared to be the second best team in the east but the gap was substantial in my eyes. Might be different next year if Fromm and some of the other underclassmen go pro.

Georgia has questions at WR and DL and have NOBODY at QB if Fromm turns an ankle. They have a new OC and that always takes time. The are stout on the o-line and have a couple studs at RB. But they are far from complete.

Georgia has questions at WR and DL and have NOBODY at QB if Fromm turns an ankle. They have a new OC and that always takes time. The are stout on the o-line and have a couple studs at RB. But they are far from complete.
Jaws, you're like a kid whistling in the dark to keep his spirit's up. Y'all are going to get smashed again most likely.

Mullen’s recruiting is a significant upgrade over what UF was getting under Mac and will continue to improve as he goes. Florida is dropping 2 billion, yes 2 billion into facilities over the next several years with the emphasis on football. Florida is basically saying, “y’all want an arms race on facilities, we’re in and we’re taking it to a unprecedented level.” UF’s rival fans act like Florida is getting nobody in recruiting, when the fact is Mullen is reeling in plenty of outstanding players, and will have back-to-back top 10 classes when it’s all said and done. All these alleged recruiting struggles yet Florida’s 2020 class is ranked 8th right now nationally and 4th in the SEC behind Bama, UGA and LSU. And with a great season and some serious talent still considering UF strongly, UF could finish with a top 5 class or better.

How many of that top ten class have you lost to transfer portal?

VN Store

Back