Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

Question: if the local (British) government had discovered the protestors at the BTP in the act, would there not be a good chance of them being shot out of hand? Even arrested and possibly hung? If that were the case, then it is safe to assume those men were aware of the risks they were taking.

Rationalization complete.

Keep your guns bro. Clearly you *need* them.
same level of need as votes, speedy trial, freedom of speech, press, religion, fair sentences, no government search and seizes, having to house soldiers or any of the other set limitations on the government our Constitution provides.

Pretty sure the tea was privately owned
founded by royal charter, like a university, granted a legal monopoly, including the control of a whole subcontinent, and acting under the direction of the crown in order to advance the interests of the crown.

I wouldn't normally qualify that as "privately owned". there is also a lot of questions about who exactly owned stocks, because several of the royal family were rumored to be part of the majority group.

Rittenhouse was actually asked to give a speech to some crazy right-wing group? You know people have jumped the shark
when they ask some stupid punk kid who crossed a state line to show up at a protest he had nothing to do with, armed with an assault rifle, and there he murdered two people. He got away with it owing to some bull$hit self-defense argument. Disgraceful. Glad to see these young people doing their thing.

Reactions: MontyPython
Rittenhouse was actually asked to give a speech to some crazy right-wing group? You know people have jumped the shark
when they ask some stupid punk kid who crossed a state line to show up at a protest he had nothing to do with, armed with an assault rifle, and there he murdered two people. He got away with it owing to some bull$hit self-defense argument. Disgraceful. Glad to see these young people doing their thing.

Go play with your NERF gun wimp!

I assure you that several regulars here were saying they weren't protesters. I had to defend use of the word all the time
I was a protester here in Atlanta. I saw enough other stuff going on where I stopped going. And it was clear the local protesting leadership weren't trying to dissuade the looting.

Reactions: whodeycin85
you are grateful that your taxes are used inefficiently?

You think the best way for you to protest/complain about the GOVERNMENT would be to go burn down a mom and pop shop?

btw Tea was property of the crown, and the ships they raided were owned by a government funded company the BRITSH EAST INDIA COMPANY. and considering the Boston Tea Party was a protest of a tax on TEA their choice makes a lot of sense, and doesn't hold up at all to Kenosha.

First, you're wrong, RE: the British East India Company. The ships and tea that American *rioters* pillaged during the Boston Tea Party were owned by a group of London merchants. READ: Private merchants, not the British government, were sacked by American rioters.

LINK:

East India Company Founded Under Queen Elizabeth I

"On the very last day of 1600, Queen Elizabeth I granted a charter to a group of London merchants for exclusive overseas trading rights with the East Indies, a massive swath of the globe extending from Africa’s Cape of Good Hope eastward to Cape Horn in South America. The new English East India Company was a monopoly in the sense that no other British subjects could legally trade in that territory, but it faced stiff competition from the Spanish and Portuguese, who already had trading outposts in India, and also the Dutch East Indies Company, founded in 1602."

Second, yes I'm grateful for our government. It's laughable to hear some of the anti-govt. folks here bitch about paying taxes. Is our government perfect? Hardly. Far from it. But, it's ultimately adequate, and we all benefit from it.

If you don't like paying taxes, move someplace else.

Last edited:
First, you're wrong, RE: the British East India Company. The ships and tea that American *rioters* pillaged during the Boston Tea Party were owned by a group of London merchants. READ: Private merchants, not the British government, were sacked by American rioters.

LINK:

East India Company Founded Under Queen Elizabeth I

"On the very last day of 1600, Queen Elizabeth I granted a charter to a group of London merchants for exclusive overseas trading rights with the East Indies, a massive swath of the globe extending from Africa’s Cape of Good Hope eastward to Cape Horn in South America. The new English East India Company was a monopoly in the sense that no other British subjects could legally trade in that territory, but it faced stiff competition from the Spanish and Portuguese, who already had trading outposts in India, and also the Dutch East Indies Company, founded in 1602."

Second, yes I'm grateful for our government. It's laughable to hear some of the anti-govt. folks here bitch about paying taxes. Is our government perfect? Hardly. Far from it. But, it's ultimately adequate, and we all benefit from it.

If you don't like paying taxes, move someplace else.
your own link states they were government founded. it also acknowledges the monopoly the government gave them in their trading areas. they were granted tons of other benefits no other private group had, and didn't operate like any private entity I have ever heard of.

they weren't just some group of random, mom and pop merchants. these were royals, and Parliamentary members directly profiting from their control of the EIC. There is a reason the EIC was targeted, it was because it directly went after the king's personal profitt.

That is my understanding. I made the post about tea getting dumped, not looted. Your post about stolen saddles caused me to assume tea was stolen as well.
My post about stolen saddles was a joke.

I’m not aware of any record of stolen saddles on the day of the BTP protest.

I was using “saddle” as an 18th century stand in for “flat screen tv”

your own link states they were government founded. it also acknowledges the monopoly the government gave them in their trading areas. they were granted tons of other benefits no other private group had, and didn't operate like any private entity I have ever heard of.

they weren't just some group of random, mom and pop merchants. these were royals, and Parliamentary members directly profiting from their control of the EIC. There is a reason the EIC was targeted, it was because it directly went after the king's personal profitt.

Hmmm... so you're suggesting that - in the history of our country - exactly *zero* American private firms have ever paid a kick-back to government employees?

Mmmhmmm.

Doesn't matter how they got the company, who's ass they had to kiss to get and keep it, or who they had to pay off within the government, the East Indies Tea Company was *still* privately held and owned.

So, your argument just went down the tubes, bro.

What thing? He was scheduled to speak for 30 minutes and spoke for 30 minutes. Seems like everything went as planned.

What thing? He was scheduled to speak for 30 minutes and spoke for 30 minutes. Seems like everything went as planned.

Did he? I'm sure he was enlightening. State of conservativism/GOP in America today--asking that fool kid to speak at some gathering of right-wing
crazies. (But then people turn up to listen to a mentally ill Trump spew total BS and ramble nonsensically.) Was Rittenhouse a "responsible gun owner." Is that what "responsible gun owners" do? Gun nuts are an embarrassment. "Hey, look at me and my assault rifle. I'm a tough guy...."

But why can’t you just admit you are wrong when Chuckanomic says you are even when he’s FOS.

Hmmm... so you're suggesting that - in the history of our country - exactly *zero* American private firms have ever paid a kick-back to government employees?

Mmmhmmm.

Doesn't matter how they got the company, who's ass they had to kiss to get and keep it, or who they had to pay off within the government, the East Indies Tea Company was *still* privately held and owned.

So, your argument just went down the tubes, bro.
The EIC wasn't kick backs, it was direct investment. its typically why we want our politicians to divest or their companies before they take power, and why insider trading should be a bigger deal than it is for those in congress.

if you are "privately" held by the rulers of the nation, its kinda hard to argue you are really a private entity.

the East India Company ruled over a good chunk of India, and several other places. the closest we have were the Banana Republics, and considering the limit in time, area, and power, they held relative to the EIC I find it difficult to compare apples to apples. I would say the CIA funded drug cartels are probably a pretty good example if you took them as a collective whole. especially as the EIC was instrumental in Opium Wars.

The EIC is still considered the most powerful corporation to ever exist. It was more powerful than several peer European countries, fighting multiple wars, and generally winning.

My post about stolen saddles was a joke.

I’m not aware of any record of stolen saddles on the day of the BTP protest.

I was using “saddle” as an 18th century stand in for “flat screen tv”
Imma a tad bit slow today.

Gotta increase my Geritol or something.

Reactions: 85SugarVol

The numerous inaccuracies you spout is mind numbing. 🙄

Murdered? You are just plain ignorant of the facts. They should ban you for sheer stupidity alone. I can only assume that if someone chased you down, beat you over the head with a skateboard, kicked you and pulled a gun on you threatening to kill you that you would just stand or lay there and take it like a coward and a complete dumbass that has no reason to live. How noble of you.

The numerous inaccuracies you spout is mind numbing. 🙄
If it gives you any indication of what we're dealing with my first interaction with the guy was over him trying to shoehorn firearms only being contextually allowed under a militia and the Heller decision in the same post. That's not only botching your original point but then citing a SCOTUS decision that explicitly holds that point to be false.

Murdered? You are just plain ignorant of the facts. They should ban you for sheer stupidity alone. I can only assume that if someone chased you down, beat you over the head with a skateboard, kicked you and pulled a gun on you threatening to kill you that you would just stand or lay there and take it like a coward and a complete dumbass that has no reason to live. How noble of you.

Nobody pulled a gun on the guy--that's completely false. What was he doing there in the first place? He went there specifically to cause trouble. FACT. He was an instigator. Nobody is allowed to strut around provoking people with a big gun and then, when people challenge you, shoot them and claim self-defense--especially in a situation that is tense to begin with. It's right-wing bull$hit. It's no different than the fool with a gun in florida who spent several minutes berating this couple for parking in a handicapped parking spot--provoking them. Eventually, the man pushed the fool with the gun, who then pulled out his gun and shot and killed the guy. Outrageous. He tried the BS self-defense claim as well---but was rightly convicted and sentenced to a long prison term.

Nobody pulled a gun on the guy--that's completely false. What was he doing there in the first place? He went there specifically to cause trouble. FACT. He was an instigator. Nobody is allowed to strut around provoking people with a big gun and then, when people challenge you, shoot them and claim self-defense--especially in a situation that is tense to begin with. It's right-wing bull$hit. It's no different than the fool with a gun in florida who spent several minutes berating this couple for parking in a handicapped parking spot--provoking them. Eventually, the man pushed the fool with the gun, who then pulled out his gun and shot and killed the guy. Outrageous. He tried the BS self-defense claim as well---but was rightly convicted and sentenced to a long prison term.
He even admitted in court he was pointing the gun.

Those situations are in no way similar. Watch the videos instead of listening to uneducated people lead you around by the ear

VN Store

Back