KY vs TN all over

It's not just the SEC tournament that we don't play well in. Name any other tournament in the last 20 years that we've won? I can only think of one in 20 years! You may have a trophy case full of participation trophies and you're probably swelling with pride. Championships are what counts in sports.
So the only mark of success is winning it all? Good luck with that.

2010 elite 8. Beat #1 Ohio State and barely lost to Mich State. Other than that, its pretty much been a kick in the balls....
Actually when OSU was ranked no. 1 we played them twice that yr. and one was in Columbus; we lost both by 1. Their big buy blocked Ramar Smith's layup with a second on the clock.

So let me get this straight. It's not reasonable to expect a team that won 19 games in a row to beat an Auburn team at least once out of the two times we played them when everything was on the line? It's not reasonable to expect a team that can knock off Kentucky the night before to come out and play just as hard the next day when a number one seed and a championship is on the line. Sorry for being so unrealistic in my expectations.
Nice way of turning the conversation to a point that was never argued. Teams have bad games sometimes and good games sometimes. It's unreasonable to think otherwise. We played poorly; they played much better than we did. Carry on or cry on; it's up to you!

Sorry, but we haven't been consistant enough to win 4 straight games against good to great teams. Don't get me wrong. We are capable but I don't know of anything except blatant homerism that would make someone pick us.

Wanna bet?? Tell me when we've ever played well in any tournament?

I would if I was a gambler, but I'm not so I'll have to refrain. We do choose to be optimistic or pessimistic and I'll go the optimistic route. Final Four here we come!!!!

Nice way of turning the conversation to a point that was never argued. Teams have bad games sometimes and good games sometimes. It's unreasonable to think otherwise. We played poorly; they played much better than we did. Carry on or cry on; it's up to you!
The problem is we have bad games at the worst possible times. Twice in one week we had a chance to grab a championship against the same team and we didn't. I understand teams have bad games. But this team has the worst timing for therm that I've ever seen.. and when you have the players after the game admitting that Auburn wanted it more and Schofield saying that there was a bigger tournament to worry about, that's very disheartening. That's a lack of effort and championship teams don't do that ever. Everybody can have a bad game. The championship teams don't pick games not to show up.

We lost Sunday, because we were not mentally in the game. The mental piece looms larger as you advance in the tournament, so the guys are going to have to be ready for that challenge just as much as the physical.

Reactions: HighWaterVol
A word to the wise. Be weary of negative posters posing as UT fans to stir up things. UK fans seem to get very pissed when you kick their butts. And several Vol posters did get on Cats forum after we sucked the life out of them the last two times we played.

Don't fret, we'll make it to the elite 8. We were gassed against Auburn and it showed. We'll be rested and play well in the tourney.

Auburn wasn't gassed? They played 4 games in 4 days, you played 3 in 3.

I have Tennessee beating Colgate, Iowa, Purdue, and Virginia. I think Kentucky loses to Wofford or UNC.

I can see where the "we don't do good in tournament" crowd get it and understand it completely. But the tournament is all about matchups. Also, you fail to realize the skill / experience factor is a lot stronger than other teams so its not even fair to compare our past results. This is a team like we've never seen before.

Neither team was as "gassed" as Kentucky fans hitting their pedals heading north. :)
Oh snap. Bitter ky fans still lingering.

A lot of people seem to think Cincy beats us in the second round. Actually gives me confidence we will win that one. We own Purdue. That style of play suits us perfectly. Virginia gonna be tough.

You’re exactly right. I couldn’t get in a elevator after the UK game for the BBN checking out of the hotel. Seems they wanted to get back to post on VN.

Ha. It was probably the same 20 that kept riding up and down the elevator because we know they can't count or read. They probably kept pushing buttons, stopping at every floor, trying to get to the parking lot. Glad they found their cars though.

Should have heard the comments directed our way walking back to the Omni after the game wearing the Orange. I was sitting directly in the midst of them and they here taken back by being out cheered by a smaller but more vocal UT crowd. Telling you the truth, I was proud of our fans. They represented.

Actually when OSU was ranked no. 1 we played them twice that yr. and one was in Columbus; we lost both by 1. Their big buy blocked Ramar Smith's layup with a second on the clock.

That was the 2006-07 year we played them twice, not the 2010 EE.

VN Store

Back