'20 KY DT Octavious Oxendine (Kentucky commit)

For me DL and a bunch of them is sooooooo important for for our rebuilding in this years recruiting class.Just seems we aren't on to many big body DL's but I am sure this staff will have them by signing day.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
For me DL and a bunch of them is sooooooo important for for our rebuilding in this years recruiting class.Just seems we aren't on to many big body DL's but I am sure this staff will have them by signing day.

Oxendine is massive. Omari Thomas and Dominic Bailey are too. Jay Hardy and Tyler Baron are huge DEs. I think that’s the likely class and is a great one.

Watch NC here, they are hot on the recruiting trail right now. Just got a 5 star DL (Desmond Evans) and have a 5 star LB on the hook.

Watch NC here, they are hot on the recruiting trail right now. Just got a 5 star DL (Desmond Evans) and have a 5 star LB on the hook.

Eh we will see. Little different comparing instate reach in places like Sanford and Mallard Creek that are all baby blue vs going to Kentucky.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Reactions: SmokinBob
The trip to Tennessee was also enlightening.

"He said it was a pretty good atmosphere. Obviously they are struggling early on in the year but they had a big win and was able to get down there and get the same feel for that and see kind of how their coaching staff were and was able to hang out with some of the recruits they had there. He seemed to enjoy it. He said it went well. He didn't say that he committed or felt like it was the place or anything like that. He is a kid that keeps a lot of it to himself. He will speak when he wants to tell you stuff so I don't try to push it."

Reactions: mrmax86
Five 4star DL in the 2020 class is exactly what we need. I wouldn't be opposed to signing 6 or 7.
5 DT/DE is plenty, especially with that level of quality. We only play 3 at a time.

Still need to sign 5-6 OL too. Limited spots.

This is the kind of kid I could see popping soon if we pick up some real momentum over the next three weeks. 5-5 going into Mizzou, guys like Hardy and Baron jumping in, that might combine to push open the flood gates. Thomas, Henderson, Joel Williams, Oxendine...

Nothing wrong with over signing DL, knowing you can move guys to OL. Charles McRae, Fred Weary, and j Robertson did OK for us.
I’d rather just recruit and sign elite OL prospects instead of trying to convert excess DL to OL. JMO.

Different body types too. I’d love to see us average 6’5” - 6’6” across the OL. A lot of your elite DT are more 6’2” - 6’3” with lower centers of gravity.

Understood, as this usually applies to interior linemen. McRae was the only example at UT I could think of that played OT. Joe Jacoby never played OT until Joe Gibbs and Joe Bugel got him with the Redskins. And Jimmy Johnson recruited athletic, explosive DL to Miami, knowing if they lost a step they’d still be fine for OL.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I’d rather just recruit and sign elite OL prospects instead of trying to convert excess DL to OL. JMO.

Different body types too. I’d love to see us average 6’5” - 6’6” across the OL. A lot of your elite DT are more 6’2” - 6’3” with lower centers of gravity.
Morris looks about 6’-3” and definitely has a low center of gravity?

VN Store

Back