‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

My daughter is a freshman at Cincinnati, so I've been watching them this year. Fickell is really good at producing CBs. Sauce Gardner was drafted 4th overall in the 1st round of this year's draft and his teammate, Coby Bryant went in the 4th round after winning the Thorpe Award. In watching their CBs this year, they're well coached and great at finding the ball. Point is, Fickell and his staff really know what they're doing with Corners.

Even though Conyer came down to Tennessee and Kentucky, Cincinnati really pushed for him. That tells me a lot about him.

After having lived in Cinti for 3 decades, I’ve attended and watched a lot of Bearcat football w my UC friends.
GA is spot on w CB development under CLF. He’s recruiting at a higher level than previous staffs and putting them in the league. 9 Bearcats were drafted last year. Incredible job he’s doing!

Sure he can. He can just turn Cincinnati into one.

This. I’ve always thought ranking jobs was silly. It depends on what the individual coach prefers. To Mark Stoops, the Kentucky job is better than a lot of schools with more tradition because it’s low pressure and he’s safe there. He can stay another 10 years and go down as “great” in their book. It’s better than a job like Nebraska or Wisconsin from that perspective.

Maybe Fickell loves Cincinnati (a great city, IMO). Maybe he likes the family feel and the ability to build them into a power in the Big 12. To him, maybe their aren’t 20 (or 5) jobs better.

I think Josh Heupel also has the job he wants, regardless of how others might “rank” Tennessee.

If we hold on to Gibson, all three of the CBs will inject so much athleticism and competitiveness into that DB room. Just a massive haul by Willie.
Conyer is just as vital as the other two higher ranked guys and I expect him to be a major factor.
Is there talk of Gibson waivering? I think he’s our best DB recruit

Reactions: Smokey19rt
That's a big jump. That should make the stargazers happy. I know some on here don't think much of Conyer. I personally am not in that crowd, but I also think top 100 is a bit high for him.

"From "#91 to out of the R250"

- LittleVol by way of Bassmastah

That's a big jump. That should make the stargazers happy. I know some on here don't think much of Conyer. I personally am not in that crowd, but I also think top 100 is a bit high for him.
He must be doing something that isn’t making his highlights then. Because I’ve not been impressed with him

He must be doing something that isn’t making his highlights then. Because I’ve not been impressed with him

Check back in. He does appear to be there #1 player in KY regardless of position. But in the 40's at his position nationally.... go figure.

Obviously higher on CJH's list since he was at his home Sunday if the post above is accurate.

Last edited:
Check back in. He does appear to be there #1 player in KY regardless of position. But in the 40's at his position nationally.... go figure.

Obviously higher on CJH's list since he was at his home Sunday if the post above is accurate.
Hopefully we’re getting a stud. I’m just not very high on what he shows in his highlights. Maybe the person that edited it is a computer geek that doesn’t know much about football and what is and isn’t a good play for a corner

VN Store

Back