Kroger Field

Not sure if thread worthy as it’s my first. First off, I’m proud of our guys for bringing home the W in an SEC road game. No matter how ugly it was. Hopefully they can continue to build on this and get better. I was unimpressed with the overall atmosphere at Kroger Field. The stadium itself was nicer than I expected but the fans were dead. In a tight game late in the 4th most in our section were silent. Even when it was “loud” it was nowhere near what we are used to. I’ve been lucky to go to several road games and none are as loud as Neyland. Some are close, but this is by far the quietest stadium I have ever heard in a close conference game. It really makes you appreciate what we have in Knoxville.

The atmosphere there is very sterile- I’ve been a few times. Kind of reminds you of a NFL stadium. The atmosphere doesn’t have the pageantry or grandeur of other college traditions...not sure why.

I just call it Supermarket Stadium. (that's trademarked by me and if you use it, you owe me 25 chicken wings...breaded cooked and covered in wing sauce with a side of ranch AND blue cheeses)

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
We were there, just me and Cooper. We started getting Neyland loud in the 4th when they had the ball. This older fella turned around and told us we should go sit over there, and pointed toward the UT band. We told him we preferred sitting on the 50. He looked disgusted and left a few minutes later. Those cat fans like it quite.

Maybe we could contract with Walmart to run stadium comcessions. That way we would have plenty of cashier lines open, OH WAIT! Nevermind.

Anybody notice the new cameras and screens Walmart has installed that record your face for facial recognition purposes? Not only do they have your debit/credit card info to attach to your purchases to sell, they now have a facial scan to go along with it to sell.

They gotta get your permission first

There was definitely something "off" about the stadium, the field, and the crowd. Of course, in fairness...I tuned into our game after just watching LSU put a whipping on Bama on Bama's home field..THAT was a real fired up place. When I put on our game...it looked more like a High school broadcast in comparison
BTW: Thanks for bringing back memories of Cas Walker, and his early morning show on Knoxville TV. I seem to remember a cute young lady, local girl as I remember that he would have come on to sing now and then...a "Miss Dolly."..something or other...(MMmmmm...DOLLY..)

Maybe we could contract with Walmart to run stadium comcessions. That way we would have plenty of cashier lines open, OH WAIT! Nevermind.

Anybody notice the new cameras and screens Walmart has installed that record your face for facial recognition purposes? Not only do they have your debit/credit card info to attach to your purchases to sell, they now have a facial scan to go along with it to sell.
Walmart = NWO, imo.
🤪
GBO!!

Not sure if thread worthy as it’s my first. First off, I’m proud of our guys for bringing home the W in an SEC road game. No matter how ugly it was. Hopefully they can continue to build on this and get better. I was unimpressed with the overall atmosphere at Kroger Field. The stadium itself was nicer than I expected but the fans were dead. In a tight game late in the 4th most in our section were silent. Even when it was “loud” it was nowhere near what we are used to. I’ve been lucky to go to several road games and none are as loud as Neyland. Some are close, but this is by far the quietest stadium I have ever heard in a close conference game. It really makes you appreciate what we have in Knoxville.
Please feel free to post as often as you like as long as you keep that avatar.

Reactions: Volman065
Did anyone notice the chyron on the TV screen at the end of the game: "First Tennessee win at Kentucky since 2015."

Well duh. All that means is we lost to them there in 2017. One of only 2 Kentucky wins since 1984 (compared to the Vols' 33).
About what you expect form the media.

They gotta get your permission first

That's good. I've read that there are at least 2 companies in the US that colllect info on everything you buy. The merchant can tie your purchases to your debit or credit card or their own reward cards and sell to these companies as an additional source of revenue and they in turn sell it to the govt if the govt wants it.

That's good. I've read that there are at least 2 companies in the US that colllect info on everything you buy. The merchant can tie your purchases to your debit or credit card or their own reward cards and sell to these companies as an additional source of revenue and they in turn sell it to the govt if the govt wants it.

At present, that is totally legal in every state save NY and CA, but even those laws don’t take effect until early next year. Smart companies will be treating everyone like they’re residents of CA and NY.

Feds are too busy campaigning to govern on this issue, as usual - but maybe it’s best those clowns are preoccupied :)

At present, that is totally legal in every state save NY and CA, but even those laws don’t take effect until early next year. Smart companies will be treating everyone like they’re residents of CA and NY.

Feds are too busy campaigning to govern on this issue, as usual - but maybe it’s best those clowns are preoccupied :)

Agreed. I am terrified when I read that one of them said we need to be focused on passing new laws. We already have plenty of laws we can't or don't enforce and more laws crafted with the help of lobbyists who only care about the pocketbooks of the entities they represent is the last thing we need. Even another hole in the head would be better.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back