Kroger Field

Volman065

Not sure if thread worthy as it’s my first. First off, I’m proud of our guys for bringing home the W in an SEC road game. No matter how ugly it was. Hopefully they can continue to build on this and get better. I was unimpressed with the overall atmosphere at Kroger Field. The stadium itself was nicer than I expected but the fans were dead. In a tight game late in the 4th most in our section were silent. Even when it was “loud” it was nowhere near what we are used to. I’ve been lucky to go to several road games and none are as loud as Neyland. Some are close, but this is by far the quietest stadium I have ever heard in a close conference game. It really makes you appreciate what we have in Knoxville.

I’d be a little more jacked but still jealous of any Vols who made it. I have waited for the perfect time to witness a great game in Lexington, in the cold, night game, meaningful game and I called it. 2 weeks ago I told my family I want to celebrate with the team after this win but it was cheaper on the couch.

It certainly came across as dead on TV. They seem to see football season as something they have to endure until basketball. Pretty sad to be so one-dimensional.

I saw some tweet by, I think, a Kentucky reporter to the effect, "No one ever seems as determined to not lose to Kentucky as Tennessee." An odd way to put it, but yes, we never want to lose to Kentucky. Or Vanderbilt.

Did anyone notice the chyron on the TV screen at the end of the game: "First Tennessee win at Kentucky since 2015."

Well duh. All that means is we lost to them there in 2017. One of only 2 Kentucky wins since 1984 (compared to the Vols' 33).

Last edited:
Not sure if thread worthy as it’s my first. First off, I’m proud of our guys for bringing home the W in an SEC road game. No matter how ugly it was. Hopefully they can continue to build on this and get better. I was unimpressed with the overall atmosphere at Kroger Field. The stadium itself was nicer than I expected but the fans were dead. In a tight game late in the 4th most in our section were silent. Even when it was “loud” it was nowhere near what we are used to. I’ve been lucky to go to several road games and none are as loud as Neyland. Some are close, but this is by far the quietest stadium I have ever heard in a close conference game. It really makes you appreciate what we have in Knoxville.
Did you try to use your kroger card at the concession stand?

Did anyone notice the chyron on the TV screen at the end of the game: "First Tennessee win at Kentucky since 2015."

Well duh. All that means is we lost to them there in 2017.

ESPN is a PERFECT example of how poor a product can be, if the provider has a near monopoly on the product.

Someone needs to name their stadium Walmart Stadium:D

Maybe we could contract with Walmart to run stadium comcessions. That way we would have plenty of cashier lines open, OH WAIT! Nevermind.

Anybody notice the new cameras and screens Walmart has installed that record your face for facial recognition purposes? Not only do they have your debit/credit card info to attach to your purchases to sell, they now have a facial scan to go along with it to sell.

Last edited:
Those poor Cat fans were just sitting and waiting on the huge failure, which always seems to happen, when they play UT. Kind of like us against The Gators.

I posted this in another thread, meant to post it here.....

They put up this screen at the end of the telecast that baffled me, trying to say Kentucky had this huge streak against us.

‘First win in Lexington since 2015.’

Yippie, Let’s celebrate, we finally won a game at Kroger Field, lol

It just means we lost once in 2017 in our last 4 trips to Kentucky.
By the way we are 17-2 in a Lexington dating back to 1985
The screen should have said

‘Wildcats are Tennessee’s Bitch in their own state, end of story’

i didn't even know it was Kroger field guess they needed the money. Hopefully we'll always be Neyland Stadium.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back