Krispy Kreme strikes deal with college student

They are just trying to save their a** after the initial blow back.
Yep. I mean, some of these companies are like most cops out here. They take a minor situation and blow it out of proportion and make it a detrimental situation.

It is far easier to be nice than to play hard ball.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
It's $9.95 for a dozen and he charges $17 to $20 depending on the variety. I wonder how many of his customers just really love Krispy Kreme and how many are just being nice and donating to help pay his tuition?

In all fairness to them though, he’s adding a de facto element to their distribution that they have no control over, which represents some degree of exposure. They do plenty of resale fundraising but that’s all controlled. He was working outside any program though, so they probably felt they had to rein it in. But in the social media age, it’s much better to work out a mutually beneficial arrangement than send a C&D letter.

Reactions: hog88
I can't figure it out, but there's a Phil Fulmer joke in this somewhere

In all fairness to them though, he’s adding a de facto element to their distribution that they have no control over, which represents some degree of exposure. They do plenty of resale fundraising but that’s all controlled. He was working outside any program though, so they probably felt they had to rein it in. But in the social media age, it’s much better to work out a mutually beneficial arrangement than send a C&D letter.
I mean the reason given is horseshit. They don’t know the quality of the product on its travel? I worked at KK and we filled a box truck everyday to route out to corner stores, gas stations, groceries, etc. Not a reefer or anything climate controlled and that truck went into KY and SW VA. That can’t be any better for quality than the inside of a car. I don’t see why they care he is paying market price for their product and then reselling it. The people buying the donuts aren’t being misled about their origin and they know the fair value. And really I’m surprised any location would care that a guy comes in every week to buy several hundred donuts. Most places would love to have that consistency of sales.

I mean the reason given is horseshit. They don’t know the quality of the product on its travel? I worked at KK and we filled a box truck everyday to route out to corner stores, gas stations, groceries, etc. Not a reefer or anything climate controlled and that truck went into KY and SW VA. That can’t be any better for quality than the inside of a car. I don’t see why they care he is paying market price for their product and then reselling it. The people buying the donuts aren’t being misled about their origin and they know the fair value. And really I’m surprised any location would care that a guy comes in every week to buy several hundred donuts. Most places would love to have that consistency of sales.

Yeah, I don't know that they actually care about the quality details, their brand is such that it won't get hurt that way. I think it's just simple risk management. If they know (or at least can be shown to have known) that someone is re-selling their product outside their re-sale structure and they don't do anything about it, that can be taken as a tacit approval that opens them up to more people doing it, which increases their exposure to a claim from some second-hand customer down the line who may be harmed. I doubt their values or their concerns about product integrity actually weigh into it much, they just have to minimize exposure in a litigious world. But they can't say that out loud.

Reactions: davethevol
It's $9.95 for a dozen and he charges $17 to $20 depending on the variety. I wonder how many of his customers just really love Krispy Kreme and how many are just being nice and donating to help pay his tuition?
Does that really matter?
Seems like KK may have made a mistake leaving MN.

VN Store

Back