Kobe Bryant dead

Gigi Bryant had a best friend, a teacher, a ball coach and kid that sat next to her at lunch every day. It’s obvious to mourn for the family, but remember these other people who have a difficult few months ahead, as well.
One report has another parent/daughter on helicopter. With the pilot, that would add up to the 5 reported.

Just want to say I will remember Kobe for being seen as a great father. I don't think you can talk about Kobe without discussing his high character. We are all young and find ourselves mentioned in some things not so good but he loved his wife and kids.

It shouldn't be a big deal but he was a husband with 4 daughters by the same woman. That makes him a role model in today's commitment free lifestyles for sports stars. He was married around 20 years or so without looking it up. Played with the same team his entire career. Was a proponent of USA and playing hard every game. Was a mentor around the game. Never said anything dumb to ostracize fans. He leaves a legacy bigger than basketball.

I’m at a loss for words. RIP 🐐

Last edited:
So crazy that the death of a basketball player could bring the country almost to a standstill. But it has. I think any sports fan in the world has watched and admired Kobe. And so sad a daughter was with him. Rip

Hard not to keep thinking about it today and sharing memories. Kobe was a global icon.

Reactions: MAD
I wasn't a fan of him because I hated the Lakers but man he was really, really good! He came out of high school and straight to the NBA without missing a step.

The fact that his youngest daughter GiGi was also lost will be real hard on his wife and other daughters!

Prayers!

9 people on Helicopter manifest. 9 bodies confirmed with no survivors but the sheriff stated they will not release names until Coroner accesses the scene and confirms victims.

Last edited:
John Altobelli, a longtime head baseball coach for Orange Coast College (JUCO college), and his daughter also perished in the crash. She was a teammate of Gianna.

I have been sad all day since learning of this. I grew up watching Kobe who I consider one of the greatest athletes of all time. I put him in the class of the fiercest competitors of all time in sports with Jordan and Tiger alone. Prayers to his family as well as the family of all onboard.

Last edited:
It is a rare breed of athlete that become bigger than the sports they play. We lost one today.

What an awful moment for that family.

Rest well Mamba and Child.

N1770.jpg

Reactions: LucidZ
Hucksters on Ebay have already jacked up the autographed cards and stuff many upwards of 10-20 thousand. Sellers trying to profit from a tragedy asap, suck donkey ears

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers

VN Store

Back