KNS article on Kellie's planned offense

Treasure Hunt..... Hamilton Heights coach Hunt and Holly were supposed friendships might have brought her here??? But now .... I don’t think so? JMO
Reese is a Texas lady that Baylor and Texas has a good hold on their in-state recruits. Both of these ladies were on UT’s radar but when Holly was the head coach ! Now with this new group of coaches ..... I am wondering if I need to throw my old notes of recruits away ?

Teonni ( Key’s little sister ) is 6’3” and growing! Plus she was playing GUARD with sis last year! Just Saying!
I’m thinking Reese is from Baltimore

Angel Reese lives in MD... is she originally from Texas ?
St. Frances All-Metro forward Angel Reese trimmed her college basketball recruiting list to 10 programs Friday, announcing her top 10 on Twitter.

One of the nation’s top recruits in the Class of 2020, Reese is considering Baylor, Louisville, Maryland, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Virginia. She whittled that list down from nearly three dozen offers from top Division I programs.

Reese, a versatile 6-foot-3 player whose goal is to play in the WNBA, wants to compete for a program in a Power 5 Conference, but she said she also looked at schools strong in her intended major, kinesiology and sports medicine. Then, she considered a number of other factors. According to Baltimore Sun.

Guys, this is just a guess, but since Kellie just came here, it seems logical a lot of the top unclaimed talent will probably not choose to come here.....It is only human nature to wait and see how things go before diving in....

If we can have a good first season, and look like a team once again, and don't look like a bunch of individuals playing pick up ball at a rec center, we may get some top talent next season....

I'm hoping we get the young lady that was recently here, not Watts, that was being recruited by Kellie at her other college....She looks fabulous.

Guys, this is just a guess, but since Kellie just came here, it seems logical a lot of the top unclaimed talent will probably not choose to come here.....It is only human nature to wait and see how things go before diving in....

If we can have a good first season, and look like a team once again, and don't look like a bunch of individuals playing pick up ball at a rec center, we may get some top talent next season....

I'm hoping we get the young lady that was recently here, not Watts, that was being recruited by Kellie at her other college....She looks fabulous.

That is a good point. There are some unknowns about KJH coaching at this level and the program as a whole. If the team seems like it is trending in the right direction next season, that would bode well for recruiting.

Last edited:

What young lady was that ?

A PLEASURE to read the responses on this thread from many of the most knowledgeable and upbeat LV posters.

The friendship factor has IMO seldom benefitted the LVs in the past and Horston's commitment early to LVs didn't last year. Hopefully, that will change.

Her real plan: find out what she really has in uniform and go from there. What she has stated as her plan I don't find very reassuring and I suspect she was pandering a little to the fan base who expect pound it in the middle.

Her real plan: find out what she really has in uniform and go from there. What she has stated as her plan I don't find very reassuring and I suspect she was pandering a little to the fan base who expect pound it in the middle.

Her team’s like to drive it to the bucket it and kick out to open shooters I like that. I think if we have a mismatch it will go inside but I think she will let them shoot the ball because she will have her team rebounding missed shots.

I thought it was reassuring...

Reactions: montbb47 and ruvol
My thoughts exactly. The Hands-On-the-Hips call and the the Eight-Fingers-Entwined-Resting-On-Top-of-Head call from the sideline just weren't effective offenses. And then there was the Crossed/Locked-Arms play...
I was a fan of the ole foot stomping play ... but the most intricate play was the two fingered whistler.

Reactions: Bret178

VN Store

Back