Knoxville Restaurants

Not a fan of Ali Baba. I think they're going out of business soon too.

Not a fan of Ali Baba. I think they're going out of business soon too.

Apparently. I was never impressed. I also never saw what people like about nixons either. Steamed subs from nixons were pretty much just a soggy mess.

3. Foothills milling Co.

BOOM!

Most people in Knoxville have no idea about this restaurant. I've been to New Orleans(known for it's food) countless times and eaten at some of the best restaurants and this place literally stacks up there with them. It's a diamond in the rough in the middle of Maryville of all places. You could easily drive by this absolute gem and not even notice it.

Terrific food, well worth it!
I've also been to Rouxbarb but I'd give Foothills Milling Co. a better score imo.

BOOM!

Most people in Knoxville have no idea about this restaurant. I've been to New Orleans countless times and eaten at some of the best restaurants and this place literally stacks up there with them. It's a diamond in the rough in the middle of Maryville of all places. You could easily drive by this absolute gem and not even notice it.

Terrific food, well worth it!
I've also been to Rouxbarb but I'd give Foothills Milling Co. a better score imo.

The other thing about the milling co, is the value. Far cheaper than the orangry or Ruth Chris (one of the biggest ripoffs IMO) with great service, and better food.

Happily, the place does good business as well. Hopefully they will be open for a long time.

I would also mention Chez Liberty. Wife and I went about a year ago and had an amazing meal/experience

:confused:

Sweet, so my opinion is now considered trolling.

So, I've got that going for me.

just saying that if you can honestly go eat at CC on the strip and say "no different than Friday's" I'm not sure what else to call it

I would also mention Chez Liberty. Wife and I went about a year ago and had an amazing meal/experience

just saying that if you can honestly go eat at CC on the strip and say "no different than Friday's" I'm not sure what else to call it

I may have used some hyperbole, but I know that with my friends and I, if we are trying to pick between CC or a chilis, or TGIF, we would just go to what is closer.

Did that used to be La Parigo? La Parigo was fantastic.

Nama (good sushi)
Calhoun's (good BBQ)
The Tomato Head (good pizza)

Recently tried Sunspot and I recommend their Angus burger with bacon.

The restaurant at Dancing Bear Lodge is unreal. Best meal I've ever had in east TN.

You really think the DTGB is the best restaurant in Knoxville?

Quickly, off the top of my head, excluding chains --

RouXbarb
Nama
Seasons
Bistro By the Tracks
Echo
Orangery
Cru
Connors
Cafe 4

For more casual dining: Taste of Thai, Dazzo's, La Parilla

(I have not yet eaten at Knox Mason or Tupelo honey, but I have heard good things)

Never eaten at Taste of Thai. How does it compare to Little Bangkok?

Anyone been to the Barn at Blackberry Farm? My parents say it's phenomenal.

Big Fattys is pretty good for southern food. Highland Row Grill is missed many but good. I love Copper Cellar and I totally disagree that it's a TGIF. The brunch at west is phenomenal and the prime rib is the best. I'm not a fan of any of the local beers so that's a wash. As far as food for your buck, Downtown Grill is good to go.

The kids guided me to Dead End Barbecue on Sutherland when I picked them up for spring break (spuhhring brayke). Give it a try.

The kids guided me to Dead End Barbecue on Sutherland when I picked them up for spring break (spuhhring brayke). Give it a try.

I didn't like it. I went on my birthday two years ago. The pulled pork was dried out, and the fries were a disappointment.

What do you guys think is the best mexican food place? My favorite right now is Poncho's, but my wife and i live in Oak Ridge now.

What do you guys think is the best mexican food place? My favorite right now is Poncho's, but my wife and i live in Oak Ridge now.

I like Cancun's, but that might just be due to proximity and strength of the Margaritas!

VN Store

Back