Know your negavol

tennessee needs a point guard. westbrook did not give kellie a change. massegale left to sit on ky wildcats bench. walker has a bad knee. miles coming in next year is her point guard recuit lets see what kellie can do with a point guard. oh lets not forget green who the vols and her she need to go. green would have got some time for vols 2nd half of season. no horston or salary was a point guard in high school.

I can be called a negaVol all anyone wants. At 50 and a lifelong basketball fan I know my ****. Ive played. Ive coached. Maybe not college level. But ive coached. And when you see for multiple seasons and now the second head coach since the greatest coach of all time sit back and be ok with turnover after turnover. Bonehead after bonehead play. I'm gonna speak my mind. Now I will say I dont know CH or CW. Neither of them are or were happy with both the Turn over or the bonehead plays. But dear God show some disappointment or some type of anger towards them. Take the Bobby Knight approach. You turn it over you ride the bench. Heck do something besides adjust your mask or flip your hair. Bitchslap a ref. Kick a chair. But put a stop to the lack of fundamental plays these girls should not be making at this point in the season. If you hear loud noise I just let out a big freaking yell of aggravation. Losing is one thing. Giving games away is another. 20+ turnovers is giving it away.
My, aren't you a fun one.

Virtue signaling at it worst.

Howdy #5

howdy-partner.jpg

Wow! You devoted a lot of time and energy to this topic. A couple I might agree with...a couple I don’t. BUT as of 9:36 this morning free speech was still an American constitutional protected provision so we an agree and disagree openly...at least this morning. Personally I think KH just needs time.

Wow! You devoted a lot of time and energy to this topic. A couple I might agree with...a couple I don’t. BUT as of 9:36 this morning free speech was still an American constitutional protected provision so we an agree and disagree openly...at least this morning. Personally I think KH just needs time.

Curious, where in my post did I impede your freedom speech? I don't recall asking for bans of negavols, I just classified them (for fun, in a tongue-in-cheek-fashion).

Curious, where in my post did I impede your freedom speech? I don't recall asking for bans of negavols, I just classified them (for fun, in a tongue-in-cheek-fashion).
If your post about classifying negavols was in fun then it was not apparent to me and many others.The classification of negavol is a form of bullying thus a gesture toward limiting free speech.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I can be called a negaVol all anyone wants. At 50 and a lifelong basketball fan I know my ****. Ive played. Ive coached. Maybe not college level. But ive coached. And when you see for multiple seasons and now the second head coach since the greatest coach of all time sit back and be ok with turnover after turnover. Bonehead after bonehead play. I'm gonna speak my mind. Now I will say I dont know CH or CW. Neither of them are or were happy with both the Turn over or the bonehead plays. But dear God show some disappointment or some type of anger towards them. Take the Bobby Knight approach. You turn it over you ride the bench. Heck do something besides adjust your mask or flip your hair. Bitchslap a ref. Kick a chair. But put a stop to the lack of fundamental plays these girls should not be making at this point in the season. If you hear loud noise I just let out a big freaking yell of aggravation. Losing is one thing. Giving games away is another. 20+ turnovers is giving it away.
I agree with your post but today you yell at and bench a starter they will transfer. Kinda damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

If your post about classifying negavols was in fun then it was not apparent to me and many others.The classification of negavol is a form of bullying thus a gesture toward limiting free speech.

I am sorry you feel bullied; that was not my intent.

But, hey you seem totally cool with posts that assail the character of 18-22 year old college athletes and proclaim that they all need to be verbally, mentally, and physically abused Bobby Knight style so that they learn "discipline and respect" cause I guess their parents are deadbeats too.

PS. I did not call any specific poster a negavol. All these "don't you call me that me that!" are self-identifications. Kind of interessting don't ya think?

I agree with your description of the negaVol trolls, but not all negaVols hate the program or players. Why are you considered a negaVol just because you get frustrated with poor play by individuals and the team when you know they can play better. And maybe negaVols are way more passionate about the LV's than some of you want to believe. Its not bad to want your team to be elite and its fake to be sunshine and rainbows all the time because its not.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangealways
I agree with your description of the negaVol trolls, but not all negaVols hate the program or players. Why are you considered a negaVol just because you get frustrated with poor play by individuals and the team when you know they can play better. And maybe negaVols are way more passionate about the LV's than some of want to believe. Its not bad to want your team to be elite and its fake to be sunshine and rainbows all the time because its not.

Expressing frustration or criticizing poor play or a specific coaching decision does not make one a negavol. A negavol is, per my very unscientific survey, someone who only sees the negative and participates primarily to trash the team and sow discord.

I hope you are right, but doubt It. Mediocre recruiting and average coaching won’t get you near the top. I am not optimistic. If that makes me a negavol so be it.
Most of the people wearing big orange blinders were the primary ones who for so very long, to the bitter end, thought Holly Warlick hung the moon. I think more would be more questioning in the future of lady Vols bb if a loved, nice person, former player wasn’t the head coach.

Oh my...please re-read my post. I never once hinted that you impeded my freedom of speech....In fact, my reply to you actually established my freedom of speech...no problems here Mad...just relax while you still can:D:D

I hope you are right, but doubt It. Mediocre recruiting and average coaching won’t get you near the top. I am not optimistic. If that makes me a negavol so be it.
Most of the people wearing big orange blinders were the primary ones who for so very long, to the bitter end, thought Holly Warlick hung the moon. I think more would be more questioning in the future of lady Vols bb if a loved, nice person, former player wasn’t the head coach.
I actually have no clue whether Kelly will get it done or not. I must admit the ONLY women's sports I watch is golf and when the LV's are playing so I'm not really sure how Kelly will do comparatively. I certainly hope she does well and returns the program to the top. Who knows?

I may not have said it in the same way, Cowboy, but I would say pretty much the same thing
What some people want to call "Coaching theatrics" is just as much a part of the game as handling the game itself

Reactions: cwbytruckers

VN Store

Back