Know your negavol

I may not have said it in the same way, Cowboy, but I would say pretty much the same thing
What some people want to call "Coaching theatrics" is just as much a part of the game as handling the game itself
As much a part of the game for you. And I don't doubt that for a nanosecond. But not for all coaches. There are different approaches to coaching and different ways to be successful. Not following the antic model does not mean a coach cannot be successful. You and Bobby Knight might need a chunk of the attention to coach winning basketball, but not everyone does. Takes all kinds to make a world.

As much a part of the game for you. And I don't doubt that for a nanosecond. But not for all coaches. There are different approaches to coaching and different ways to be successful. Not following the antic model does not mean a coach cannot be successful. You and Bobby Knight might need a chunk of the attention to coach winning basketball, but not everyone does. Takes all kinds to make a world.

Actually Bobby Knight, to me, was just shy of a dufas...He was way over the top (throwing chairs, bullying his players on the court, etc)....I am nothing like him, if I am compared in visibility, antics and personality, unfortunately it would have to be to the Evil Genius II, Geno.

He does not let players who goof-off come back to the bench without either acknowledging them or them acknowledging him,,,He gets the best out of his players through their respect of him, not their fear of him...He doesn't shout because he doesn't have to because his players respect him and listen to him,,,he is impossible to impress,,,he works the refs from the gitgo,,,he handles idiots both on court and off who try to back him down or bring him down and he is a skills fiend

I know the narcissistic comments are on the way, but that describes me to a "T"
So, hit me...go on you want to,,,,,,, ;o)

Actually Bobby Knight, to me, was just shy of a dufas...He was way over the top (throwing chairs, bullying his players on the court, etc)....I am nothing like him, if I am compared in visibility, antics and personality, unfortunately it would have to be to the Evil Genius II, Geno.

He does not let players who goof-off come back to the bench without either acknowledging them or them acknowledging him,,,He gets the best out of his players through their respect of him, not their fear of him...He doesn't shout because he doesn't have to because his players respect him and listen to him,,,he is impossible to impress,,,he works the refs from the gitgo,,,he handles idiots both on court and off who try to back him down or bring him down and he is a skills fiend

I know the narcissistic comments are on the way, but that describes me to a "T"
So, hit me...go on you want to,,,,,,, ;o)

So, you're Geno's "Mini-Me?"

No, he's mine
You really do live in some bizarro Fantasy World. I'm sure that you have much more interesting accomplishments there that are completely detached from reality. Hopefully your 9-5 job allows you to let your imagination take you there to escape the cruel real world.

Reactions: T_Vol376
You really do live in some bizarro Fantasy World. I'm sure that you have much more interesting accomplishments there that are completely detached from reality. Hopefully your 9-5 job allows you to let your imagination take you there to escape the cruel real world.
No, but it lets me escape you

Mmmmm....try again. I'm right here interrupting your fantasy world with a hard dose of reality.

You're welcome.
Glad you're here,,,I appreciate all of my fans....even the antagonistic ones

On that note, it's time for pop corn, coke, a Kit-Kat and my trusty recliner,,,,ahhh

bart in a reliner.jpg

Last edited:
I actually have no clue whether Kelly will get it done or not. I must admit the ONLY women's sports I watch is golf and when the LV's are playing so I'm not really sure how Kelly will do comparatively. I certainly hope she does well and returns the program to the top. Who knows?

Kellie.

I am sorry you feel bullied; that was not my intent.

But, hey you seem totally cool with posts that assail the character of 18-22 year old college athletes and proclaim that they all need to be verbally, mentally, and physically abused Bobby Knight style so that they learn "discipline and respect" cause I guess their parents are deadbeats too.

PS. I did not call any specific poster a negavol. All these "don't you call me that me that!" are self-identifications. Kind of interessting don't ya think?
Hey that was not my post that you cited where I assailed players and promoted physical and mental abuse ....you are way off base as usual in assailing me.
I do not give a damn about your classifying me as a negavol....no skin off my nose .But the fact is that there is no reason for it .....I am not a negavol and never have been since becoming a Lady Vol fan in 1979.

As to your PS ...No I do not think you are cool and I can think of another meaning for your PS .

PS : Your above post demonstrates that you just poking fun at negavols ......most confusing .

Last edited:
Hey that was not my post that you cited where I assailed players and promoted physical and mental abuse ....you are way off base as usual in assailing me.
I do not give a damn about your classifying me as a negavol....no skin off my nose .But the fact is that there is no reason for it .....I am not a negavol and never have been since becoming a Lady Vol fan in 1979.

As to your PS ...No I do not think you are cool and I can think of another meaning for your PS .

PS : Your above post demonstrates that you just poking fun at negavols ......most confusing .

So maybe negavol applies to those other posters and not you? It is puzzling how bent of shape you are getting over this.

Did you even read my original post. I classified negavols as fake fans masquerading as real supporters of the program; football fans who drop in to dump on women's sports; people who can never seen any positives in the program (including after wins). So, which of those factions are you wanting to defend exactly? Why don't you save your outrage and personal vitriol for something that matters. I suspect that are you going nuts because you also know from previous post my political affinities which are quite different from yours. If you want to bash me for my politics, at least be honest about.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Gonna be honest here, I don't even know who's yelling at who in this thread. If this is where losing in the Round of 32 takes this forum, I can't wait to see what losing in the Elite Eight will do to it (*).

(*) Note - that was sarcasm(**).

(**) Note - that sarcasm was sarcasm(***).

(***) Note - What, really, is sarcasm after all (****)?

(****) - Note - I thought it was funny.

So maybe negavol applies to those other posters and not you? It is puzzling how bent of shape you are getting over this.

Did you even read my original post. I classified negavols as fake fans masquerading as real supporters of the program; football fans who drop in to dump on women's sports; people who can never seen any positives in the program (including after wins). So, which of those factions are you wanting to defend exactly? Why don't you save your outrage and personal vitriol for something that matters. I suspect that are you going nuts because you also know from previous post my political affinities which are quite different from yours. If you want to bash me for my politics, at least be honest about.

Have a nice day.

My original post was a sarcastic change from holier than thou to Hollyer...followed by a jab from
you,,,,
Why don't you just sit this one out while you are waiting for that imminent phone call.

then the proverbial ball rolled

Have a nice day.
You have a habit of misreading posts.I did not think your post applied to me but you have made it that way.I do not desire to defend any of your definitions of negavols .I find the entire post repulsive,debasing and out of line..By the way ,I could care less about your politics.

I suspect that are you going nuts because you also know from previous post my political affinities which are quite different from yours. If you want to bash me for my politics, at least be honest about.

I don't understand what politics has to do with anything. You and I agree on a lot politically but disagree vehemently on this issue and the program in general. OTOH, AV and I have very different politics but agree on this issue. So I've got no idea why you brought this up, lol. For someone who posted a low key callout post, you seem to be quite sensitive that you're getting the kind of responses that I'm sure you were expecting and wanting. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Either make the post and deal with the blowback or don't make it. The fact that you're trying to have it both ways is ridiculous.

Also, y'all posted for years together on The Summitt so I'd figure y'all would be used to each other, by now. ;)

Also, y'all posted for years together on The Summitt so I'd figure y'all would be used to each other, by now
I don't understand what politics has to do with anything. You and I agree on a lot politically but disagree vehemently on this issue and the program in general. OTOH, AV and I have very different politics but agree on this issue. So I've got no idea why you brought this up, lol. For someone who posted a low key callout post, you seem to be quite sensitive that you're getting the kind of responses that I'm sure you were expecting and wanting. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Either make the post and deal with the blowback or don't make it. The fact that you're trying to have it both ways is ridiculous.

Also, y'all posted for years together on The Summitt so I'd figure y'all would be used to each other, by now. ;)

Good points. AV took things in the direction of a direct personal attack--it does not too much imagination to understand the meaning his statement that "No I do not think you are cool and I can think of another meaning for your PS"

For the record I never said "I was cool". In hindsight, I should have not take the bait.

Since the negavol floodgates are open, I thought it might be helpful to classify their different varieties.

1. The Russian troll negavol. These negavols are fans of other programs or have some ax to grind against the LV program but masquerade as “concerned and objective” fans. They continuously post disparaging comments about players and coaches. They tend to go silent after wins but will occasionally appear to find the dark cloud surrounding the silver lining.

2. The Last Waltzian negavol. This group full believes that prior to KJH hire, Jeff Waltz was in K-town about to buy a house and announce that he was here to claim his dream job of coaching the LVs. However, just before that fateful announcement, a militant team of “blue hairs” kidnapped Phil Fulmer and said, “hire a woman or you will be sleeping with the catfishes at the bottom of the Tennessee river.”

3. The misery-is-my-only-happiness negavol. These fans are the eternal pessimists. The worst is always yet to come. Wins are merely preludes to disastrous defeats. Players and coaches only have flaws, weaknesses, poor character, a lack of desire, and suffer from incurable indolence. LV losses are their Prozac.

4. The holier than thou negavol. Berate optimistic supporters for being “homers” and “stanning” (oblivious to how dated that reference has become). Proclaim that unless fans berate players and coaches on social media plartform that mediocrity will become acceptable. They and they alone by insulting players and fans are upholding standards of excellence whereas supportive fans are undermining the very moral foundations of Western Civilization.

5. Drive-by negavols. They don't like women's sports and swing by this page after losses to express their hostilities under the guise of being outraged by the game they did not watch. Often times, a Vol football fan who needs an outlet for their displaced frustrations.

I'm your NegaVol.

Reactions: madtownvol
When someone calls me a snowflake I take it as I am unique and graceful. I make the world a more beautiful place and when joined by other unique and beautiful snowflakes we can form avalanches.
I’m pretty sure that’s what they mean when they call you a snowflake.

Sounds self absorbing.

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back