Knecht is what Barnes needs to be successful.

Care to name them and from where?
We'll be surprised, just like we were with Knecht.

There are some really good players in this tournament that are already being rumored to hit the portal. Guys like DeVries, Storr, Zeke Mayo, Meechie Johnson...Barnes and Company will have some good talent to recruit.

Estrella bodied up that big dude from Purdue. Wish Barnes would've noticed that sooner. I like what I'm seeing from that kid. Sure he's still learning but to play like he did in the elite eight against 7' 4" player of the year! Excited to watch his growth. He'll be special
He did what Tobe did. I loved it. They played their hearts out. Hate this so bad. I will miss those guys that are gone.

I’ve said that 4 times in my life before this year. Opportunities will keep coming and the teams that often break through in these things are the seasons you aren’t expecting it.
Even our football team. We had Manning and didn't win the National Championship-- we got it with Tee Martin.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
I think we're in big trouble next year--big trouble.
Nah, the team might not have one guy that can get you thirty next year, but there is opportunities were it can be improved. Barnes just has to get the right guys out of the portal.

I'm not worried. He played better defense than Aidoo and Aidoo has been on campus for years. I think we might have something with JP and Carr. Throw in ZZ and Shack, we probably won't win the league next year but I can see us being really scrappy.
If ZZ and Mashack are the team leaders, I think that bodes well. Bet the team "personality" will be much different next season.

Chill man. Stop overreacting. We will have more chances and the chips will fall our way. Enough with the drama.
History says otherwise. Rick Barnes has a ceiling. This is it. Even with great players and fantastic defense, Barnes just doesn’t get it done in March. Don’t know why. He just never has and history says he probably never will.

We had a great team this year and Knecht was fun to watch. The rest of the team…not so much a lot of the time. Whatever. On to football.

We'll NEVER have a better chance at a FF in my lifetime, unfortunately. Real talent like knecht doesnt come around but once every 20-30 years. I aint got that left. Oh, well... still love my Vols.
I actually think its a selling point to other scorers to see what Barnes did for Knecht in one year. Before this year, nobody really knew who he was. He went from nobody to a likely lottery pick now, and the SEC player of the year.

Hopefully, DK was the beginning. No, maybe we won't find someone who drops 40 every now then. But maybe we find 2 guys who average 15 and a big guy who can throw down and rebound. Like...we don't need another DK. We need consistent contributors who don't disappear.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Seriously? Because I told someone to stop overreacting like we will never have another chance? Not sure what you mean.
Some people may not have another 10/20 years to wait. Some of the fans have been waiting a long lifetime to never see a ff. So you telling someone to just chill out could be overreacting on your part. I'm not bashing Barnes or the team, it was a great run.
Again I ask, how old are you.

Estrella needs to live in the weight room this off season plus someone needs to follow him around campus with a cane beating him into toughness.
Are you kidding? Seriously!!! JP is 10x tougher than Aidoo and he’s just a freshman.

Some people may not have another 10/20 years to wait. Some of the fans have been waiting a long lifetime to never see a ff. So you telling someone to just chill out could be overreacting on your part. I'm not bashing Barnes or the team, it was a great run.
Again I ask, how old are you.

I said it to a specific poster and I know he’s around my age. I was at UT in the early 90s. My post was to a specific person …..which isn’t you.

We'll be surprised, just like we were with Knecht.

There are some really good players in this tournament that are already being rumored to hit the portal. Guys like DeVries, Storr, Zeke Mayo, Meechie Johnson...Barnes and Company will have some good talent to recruit.

Meechie Johnson, DeVries and Storr have already committed. But yeah, there's a lot in the portal.

Reactions: IndianaVol
We'll NEVER have a better chance at a FF in my lifetime, unfortunately. Real talent like knecht doesnt come around but once every 20-30 years. I aint got that left. Oh, well... still love my Vols.
This is not realistic man. We've had TWO chances like it or better already. 2019 was paved like an Interstate to the FF and we blew it. 2023 was an easier route to E8 w a nasty K State team in the way and we blew that. So already before this, it's happened twice in your lifetime. So, don't be so quick to give up.

Never say never...BAMA has made it so anything is possible

Kennedy Chandler wasn't that guy.
I get what you’re saying, and KC certainly wasn’t a “take the game over” type player like DK, but if he had been born two years later and we had him this year to go along with Knecht, we win a championship. Zakai is awesome but had to play way, way too many minutes.

I’m only in my early 30s and I wonder if I will ever see another player like Knecht in orange. Possible, but certainly not guaranteed.

You never know, though, who’d have thought the guy who came after Peyton would lead us to a championship?

VN Store

Back