Knecht is what Barnes needs to be successful.

History says otherwise. Rick Barnes has a ceiling. This is it. Even with great players and fantastic defense, Barnes just doesn’t get it done in March. Don’t know why. He just never has and history says he probably never will.

We had a great team this year and Knecht was fun to watch. The rest of the team…not so much a lot of the time. Whatever. On to football.

LMAO.

This is our only 2nd EE in program history and Barnes is responsible for that.

What an idiotic take but I’m not surprised with your post history.

Barnes has to be more vocal to the officials imo to be more successful. He’s a great person and I’m glad to have him, but he’s letting them “bully” our team way too many times.

It's always offense with a Rick Barnes team... They'll be solid defensively , but the inconsistency on offense is what usually dooms them. Someone had to help Knecht out and no one did.

LMAO.

I remember when the ceiling was making the NCAAT and possibly finishing ranked in the top 25.

I think we might be too 5 in the final AP poll that gets published in about 8 days.

Actually, Pearl is responsible for the first one. This is Barnes’ third in his career I think, and he got run out of Texas for not being able to get over that hump in March.

I’m only in my early 30s and I wonder if I will ever see another player like Knecht in orange. Possible, but certainly not guaranteed.

You never know, though, who’d have thought the guy who came after Peyton would lead us to a championship?
I remember Carmelo Anthony and how he grew into his role at SU. As a FR took over the NCAAT and led CJB and that "always good never great" program to the title. I had always hope that we would land a player like that too dropping the middle of one of our good teams. It certainly happened this year, but it just wasn't enough. 😕

I remember when the ceiling was making the NCAAT and possibly finishing ranked in the top 25.

I think we might be too 5 in the final AP poll that gets published in about 8 days.
We should be, but they'll screw us one more time this year.

Are you kidding? Seriously!!! JP is 10x tougher than Aidoo and he’s just a freshman.
No doubt, but we need him to be ZZ and Mashack level tough. It's like a muay tai fighter kicking bamboo trees to toughen those shins. Eventually, you can't hurt those legs but they'll destroy yours.

Having a Dalton Knecht is a great addition any coach and team would love to have, but I'm not sure I would go so far to say it is necessary for Barnes to succeed. I think last season we could have made it further than the sweet 16 if ZZ didn't go down with injury. But of course, if you want to throw in an All Amercian bucket getter, that's always going to make you better.

With that said, we have alot of voids on offense that we need to fill. We need to add one or two more guys with a history of scoring. We may not find another DK, but a Mark Sears, Baylor Schierman, or someone who can give us about 12+ points a night

VN Store

Back