Knecht in the latest ESPN mock draft

Plenty of Mock drafts have Edey going in 1st round. Personally I don't give a **** but seems like others are way higher on Edey than VolNation is.🤣🤣🤣

Sacremento seen as a landing spot for Edey.

He will be a better rim protector than Sabonis,

It’s a weak draft, so obviously he’s being bumped up a bit because of the overall lack of high-end talent. That being said, his shooting is off the charts and that alone will guarantee him a long career in the league. The only real question mark is the athleticism. I’ve never understood the Kirk Hinrich comp that draft “experts” keep throwing out there. Coming into the league, Hinrich was an elite athlete who could run like a gazelle. If Sheppard had that level of athleticism, he’d probably be the first overall pick.
Not that it is the end-all, be-all determining factor of athleticism, but Sheppard tested better than Hinrich in every athletic measurable at the Combine. Slightly better in agility and speed, and astronomically better in the leaping tests.

Ever since Knecht has been getting mocked to the Spurs im kinda hoping it happens…love their coach he is a legend and would be perfect for Knecht in that aspect. Playing with Wemby and giving him another person to help with scoring plus the prime time games he will get to play in just because ppl want to see wemby. Would be a great situation for him honestly

If it’s the Kirk Hinrich prior to his back injury, he’d absolutely be worth a lottery pick. Hinrich was on the verge of being a star. Steve Kerr called him the next Steve Nash. He averaged 17 points and 6 assists his fourth year. Then the back injury happened and derailed his career.
Imo 17 and 6 was going to be his peak regardless. Steve Kerr was being hyperbolic. Hinrich was never going to be Nash.

Some might say Tennessee helped him…

Improve and develop 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think TN just put him on the map nationally and was able to “showcase” his skills which definitely boosted his confidence and improved.. but to say “developing” I’m not sure about that. He was already showing what he could do naturally from game 1.

CRB help Knecht with his defensive abilities dramatically and Knecht thrived playing at a Power 5 conference with better teammates than Northern Colorado.

His improvement in FG and FT percentage was due to Knecht driving work on his game.

Knecht wasnt a scrub when he committed to Tennessee he was one of the top players available in the Portal and was sought after by other teams.

Do I believe Knecht is a lottery pick due to CRB maybe, although they have been plenty of lower tier conferences produce lottery picks.

If the players are out there the NBA scouts will find them.

Scottie Pippen played at Central Arkansas #5 pick overall

Dame Lilliard played at Weber State top 10 pick

That's just 2 examples of hidden gems in college basketball.

Last edited:
I think TN just put him on the map nationally and was able to “showcase” his skills which definitely boosted his confidence and improved.. but to say “developing” I’m not sure about that. He was already showing what he could do naturally from game 1.
For sure, zero improvement or development from Game 1 to Game 35, scouts definitely agree I’m sure 🤦🏻‍♂️

For sure, zero improvement or development from Game 1 to Game 35, scouts definitely agree I’m sure 🤦🏻‍♂️
Improvement absolutely but it’s hard to say development when you have players in the program for 5 years who might not ever crack the NBA and a 1 year transfer grad looking to be a top 10 NBA pick , who already most likely was making an NBA roster anyways
. TN definitely improved his stock , but didn’t develop him within 1 year. Development is a process.

Improvement absolutely but it’s hard to say development when you have players in the program for 5 years who might not ever crack the NBA and a 1 year transfer grad looking to be a top 10 NBA pick , who already most likely was making an NBA roster anyways
. TN definitely improved his stock , but didn’t develop him within 1 year. Development is a process.
There’s different levels of development, he went from undrafted after 4 years of college ball to a lottery pick after his 1 year at Tennessee. It’s beyond foolish to say he didn’t develop at all.

You do realize there is a significant talent disparity between the players you listed and DK? Not all players are created equal and the significant majority of ALL rosters in the NCAA will never sniff the NBA because there is extremely limited roster availability in this sport.

Reactions: gainesvol82

You do realize there is a significant talent disparity between the players you listed and DK? Not all players are created equal and the significant majority of ALL rosters in the NCAA will never sniff the NBA because there is extremely limited roster availability in this sport.

I can be coached by the best coaches that are giving me better instruction than any other coach on the planet......and I still won't sniff the NBA. The coaching part of the equation can only take you so far. The point is not a simple as that. Development means thru verbal instructions, drills, skill sessions, film work they get a player as close as possible to THEIR ceiling.

And when you are trying to play a word-dance saying he improved but that doesn't mean he developed then you know your argument is sh!t.

realistically I think based on this draft he could go 8-16. In a normal draft I'd think 8-25. This draft is historically bad. I think its a combination of it being the last 'COVID' draft and just bad timing. DK is IMHO a slightly better NBA prospect than JJ Reddick. I think he is a better. proven, defensive prospect than JJ and an equal or slightly worse shooter. Physical measurables there is no comparison he's better but, the same is true for his competition.

Reactions: VolTull
realistically I think based on this draft he could go 8-16. In a normal draft I'd think 8-25. This draft is historically bad. I think its a combination of it being the last 'COVID' draft and just bad timing. DK is IMHO a slightly better NBA prospect than JJ Reddick. I think he is a better. proven, defensive prospect than JJ and an equal or slightly worse shooter. Physical measurables there is no comparison he's better but, the same is true for his competition.

I think he’s a better version of Duncan Robinson

Reactions: pimo1
Taller version of Rex Chapman.
Rex could slash to the hole, shoot the jumper and jump out of the gym.

I think he’s a better version of Duncan Robinson
bro I think that is a way better comp than I gave. yes.. just yes. Sometimes its hard to not do white on white with comps, and yes its still white on white but Duncan kinda has a slight em think going. he is but his game ain't, he is like Jayson Williams. Zaqch Edey is the perfect enable... his best comp is Shaq. People say Yao but the truth is he is Shaq 2020. Dalton Knechts best comp is Dalton Kencht his is a 1 of one. Put respect on his name but as far as NBA expectations I think DR is his floor. He is DR with possible D.

VN Store

Back