Kirby

I've gotta say, Kirby has become one of my favorite Vols ever. I love CTV, but with all due respect, Kirby could have handled more innings this year. A really good pitcher, an obviously very fine and well raised young man, and a very good team spokesman. Great job Kirby parents.

Without a doubt one of my all time favorites. He’s everywhere, grabbing the batter’s gear after they get on base, chasing down foul balls, crazy low ERA, striking out great batters without throwing crazy heat while looking like a badass on the bump. Met his family at MSU and they gave my kid a shirt which I can’t get off him! Couldn’t respect this guy more.

I've gotta say, Kirby has become one of my favorite Vols ever. I love CTV, but with all due respect, Kirby could have handled more innings this year. A really good pitcher, an obviously very fine and well raised young man, and a very good team spokesman. Great job Kirby parents.

He pitched in just under half our games. One thing TV is not going to do and that’s over use a pitcher. Plus, we have so much depth. He pitched great tonight and allowed our offense to get back in it.

Another thing he did was save the rest of our bullpen. We didn’t have to run a bunch of different guys out there every inning. His performance stabilized the game and left us with plenty of bullets for tomorrow.
This is the major thing. Kirby really saved us especially if we (god forbid) don’t win tomorrow night and have another game

@preacherman20 could speak more expertly on it, but if Kirby wanted to, he could go be a starter for some pretty good teams out of there. He has shown that he can eat some innings when it’s needed. But he chose to be in this role because he wants to win and loves this team. Proud he and his family chose to become Vols.

Another thing he did was save the rest of our bullpen. We didn’t have to run a bunch of different guys out there every inning. His performance stabilized the game and left us with plenty of bullets for tomorrow.

Many times tournament baseball becomes a war of pitching attrition. Kirby eating those innings tonight and posting zeroes was the best possible scenario coming to fruition. Now our record and arms are in a position of strength going into the final.

Many times tournament baseball becomes a war of pitching attrition. Kirby eating those innings tonight and posting zeroes was the best possible scenario coming to fruition. Now our record and arms are in a position of strength going into the final.
The drop off in quality pitching will be evident from here on out. Except for us. This is why I wouldn’t want to see a team like Kentucky in a regional. They had a lot of arms.

VN Store

Back