Kirby

Without a doubt one of my all time favorites. He’s everywhere, grabbing the batter’s gear after they get on base, chasing down foul balls, crazy low ERA, striking out great batters without throwing crazy heat while looking like a badass on the bump. Met his family at MSU and they gave my kid a shirt which I can’t get off him! Couldn’t respect this guy more.
THIS! :cool: Kirby Connel is the ultimate team player.

Without a doubt one of my all time favorites. He’s everywhere, grabbing the batter’s gear after they get on base, chasing down foul balls, crazy low ERA, striking out great batters without throwing crazy heat while looking like a badass on the bump. Met his family at MSU and they gave my kid a shirt which I can’t get off him! Couldn’t respect this guy more.
I just wonder if he sells popcorn too!

I was so glad that we were able to save Sewell and Joyce.

Today, we have available out of the pen: Mabrey, Sewell, Joyce, Sechrist, McLaughlin, Walsh.

McLaughlin has 2 days rest and Walsh only threw 15 pitches last night. The bullpen is very rested. Whichever team we play will not have that luxury. If Beam can get 5 solid innings and leave with a lead, it should be over. Kirby is the reason we have that luxury today.

Yes, I've noticed him doing a bit of everything, I have no idea or info but I bet he ends up being a Coach somewhere down the road. I think his brother is an HS Head Coach.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Nothing new to add except a down to earth young man living through his faith. Idk him personally and briefly spoke to the parents, but apparently he is a mentor to the younger guys in the team. As a father of 19 yr old twins, I appreciate that as it can be intimidating for a freshman to step foot onto a college campus, esp for an athlete. Happy for the young man and his family!

Today, we have available out of the pen: Mabrey, Sewell, Joyce, Sechrist, McLaughlin, Walsh.

McLaughlin has 2 days rest and Walsh only threw 15 pitches last night. The bullpen is very rested. Whichever team we play will not have that luxury. If Beam can get 5 solid innings and leave with a lead, it should be over. Kirby is the reason we have that luxury today.

I like you're thinking on Sewell. We won't need him as a game 2 starter.

He came in and showed them the curve, they didn't like it much. If they play again Vitello should make sure they see steady diet of breaking balls peppered with low or high fast balls. Blowing fastballs in the zone by these hitters will not work.

Do you guys like Burns out of the pen ? I ask because I was wonderinf why you burn that arm this early just incase we have a hiccup tonight. I get that it was a dogfight last night and we did what we needed to win. I really just wanna hear some others perspective on it .... Go Vols

Reactions: td23
Do you guys like Burns out of the pen ? I ask because I was wonderinf why you burn that arm this early just incase we have a hiccup tonight. I get that it was a dogfight last night and we did what we needed to win. I really just wanna hear some others perspective on it .... Go Vols
IMO best case scenario Beam gives us a solid 5 innings and CTV gives Sewell and Joyce some innings in relief in a win. That way Burns got some work in a pressure packed scenario that should only help going forward. If Tn loses and has to play again Monday it’s not as ideal but you have to think we still have better options then either Georgia Tech or Campbell. Having the option of Burbs in the bullpen is an incredible luxury and show how much pitching depth the Vols have.

Thank you guys and gals. He did Kirby last night. Has never been in a position too big for him. Not bragging because I’m as amazed as everyone else. As Tony said last night, when he was being recruited he played on Kansas City Royals scout team with some of the best but when they were in big games he was on the mound even though they had guys throwing 95 at 16 years old Our pitchers should be ready tonight to finish it.

He is one hell of a great teammate...
We've got Kirby and they don't....
_KF7LCHp_400x400.jpg

Have not shared this but it has been in the works. A great husband and wife that are on Volnation gave a very nice sum of money to Kirby to do something to give back to the kids. We are working on several things but the first major one was to have Vollie Fingers shirseys made that match his jerseys. We started giving them out at the Mississippi State game, Hoover and then yesterday. We have given out almost 200 of them and some caps so far.
286160438_160968136424160_353633737379352205_n.jpg

Name and 35 on the back.
Thank you to the people on here that have supported my kid and his teammates. All the kind words are incredible and I try to share the good stuff with him.
We are working to get in the Children's Hospital in Knoxville to give some out and have him and some other players go room by room. Hard to get connections to get in so if you know of anybody let us know.
Thanks to some others on here we are working with us diligently to get a fundraiser going for ALS and MS. If you have ideas or thoughts, please let me know. He truly does want to use his platform to do good and give back.
He gave a jersey to Knox who is a very special young man to our players. He loves them and they love him. I attached the video of Knox opening his jersey from Kirby.
Vollie Fingers - Are you this excited to get your very own...| By Vollie Fingers

Have not shared this but it has been in the works. A great husband and wife that are on Volnation gave a very nice sum of money to Kirby to do something to give back to the kids. We are working on several things but the first major one was to have Vollie Fingers shirseys made that match his jerseys. We started giving them out at the Mississippi State game, Hoover and then yesterday. We have given out almost 200 of them and some caps so far.

Name and 35 on the back.
Thank you to the people on here that have supported my kid and his teammates. All the kind words are incredible and I try to share the good stuff with him.
We are working to get in the Children's Hospital in Knoxville to give some out and have him and some other players go room by room. Hard to get connections to get in so if you know of anybody let us know.
Thanks to some others on here we are working with us diligently to get a fundraiser going for ALS and MS. If you have ideas or thoughts, please let me know. He truly does want to use his platform to do good and give back.
He gave a jersey to Knox who is a very special young man to our players. He loves them and they love him. I attached the video of Knox opening his jersey from Kirby.
Vollie Fingers - Are you this excited to get your very own...| By Vollie Fingers
Absolutely awesome. So grateful to have gotten to know y’all even if virtual .

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

Name and 35 on the back.

Seem to recall @kiddiedoc saying that he works at children’s, maybe?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

Name and 35 on the back.
Where can I get one of these?

Reactions: taylorvol
In Frank Anderson I trust!

Name and 35 on the back.

This does my heart good.

VN Store

Back