Kirby Smart getting desperate for a Good QB?

going to be interesting to see how systems look when you see the talent get equaled out. Georgia out talented everyone they played this year except for maybe Ohio State who they should have lost to, and in the others it wasn't even close. pretty easy for stetson to make plays behind an uber talented offensive line, facing little pressure because no team had the talent on D to get to him. He won't have that advantage in the NFL.

Now consider sticking a healthy HH behind an NFL quality O-line and what he is going to be able to do.

they always talk about the speed of the game being different at each jump. seems like playing in a tempo offense would help with that adjustment.

going to be interesting to see how systems look when you see the talent get equaled out. Georgia out talented everyone they played this year except for maybe Ohio State who they should have lost to, and in the others it wasn't even close. pretty easy for stetson to make plays behind an uber talented offensive line, facing little pressure because no team had the talent on D to get to him. He won't have that advantage in the NFL.

Now consider sticking a healthy HH behind an NFL quality O-line and what he is going to be able to do.

they always talk about the speed of the game being different at each jump. seems like playing in a tempo offense would help with that adjustment.
NFL, lol. That's funny.

Why on earth go to such lengths to give them a reach around? Ohio State had them begging for mercy until their star got hurt. It’s sickening to see their fans slobber all over them but to see other fan bases do it is just wrong. They can and will be beat.

Fk em.

Why on earth go to such lengths to give them a reach around? Ohio State had them begging for mercy until their star got hurt. It’s sickening to see their fans slobber all over them but to see other fan bases do it is just wrong. They can and will be beat.

Fk em.
where did I give them a reach around or slobber over them? I just said they had a talented team, and I said Ohio State should have beat them.

You are making crap up.

Fk em.

Darnedest thing on these boards are the VolDawgs who leap to defend that trash program at the slightest insult or opportunity.

OSU was the better team and had them beat until uga went all uga (cheap shot U) and targeted Harrison. Period.

Cue the VolDawgs in 5....4....3....2....1.....

Reactions: Remy and butchna
where did I give them a reach around or slobber over them? I just said they had a talented team, and I said Ohio State should have beat them.

You are making crap up.
Ga had great talent and did out talent everyone and Ohio St should have beaten them. Ga got lucky twice for their NCs and they don’t believe it. They will see it soon. Bama fans also believe they get the best talent due to the Bama name on the jersey and they will not miss Saban. That is proving not to be the case.

Reactions: VolInNW
UGA's offensive scheme is pretty standard. Pro Style relies on talent and execution.

UGA have been able to exploit LOS advantages their defense affords them. The defense creates offensive opportunities.
More short fields and forcing safeties to move up, then attack deep.

It is just hard to stop because they have overwhelming depth on the OLine. Until we have depth on the DLine and LBs, we will lose more LOS battles in the 3rd and 4th quarter against the Dawgs, just like the rest of the SEC, except BAMA.
UGA generally pulls away after halftime because opponents cannot match their rested strength as the game continues.

UGA can be beat if teams can score in the first half, and then hang on after halftime.
Beating them is Football 101, except talent and strength is always in their favor and more than an equalizer.
Kirby wins every game on signing day three or four years earlier.

Heupel is pushing them with scheme and will be pushing with talent.

UGA is at the point where there are a lot of parallels to the first part of Saban’s run at Bama. The quarterback situation is very similar . Bama had JPW, McElroy, AJ McCarron. They were good for their roles surrounded by talent, and were coachable. They weren’t making guys around them better, but vice versa and they would never be long term NFL guys. The same could be said for Kirby w/ Fromm and Bennett. Don’t @ me about Stetson going to NYC either. He’s never going to be anything on Sundays. Kirby has different challenges than Saban had to face with the Portal and NIL so it will be interesting to see how he handles his QB situation going forward. I’m not sure a coach has ever had as many 5 star guys transfer out as Kirby has. At the same time they’ve won back to back titles and played for another.

Reactions: Nooga
Unfortunately for us the Dawgs ain’t going nowhere as long as Kirby is there they will win the SEC again and be back in the playoff for a chance to 3 peat this season.

UGA is at the point where there are a lot of parallels to the first part of Saban’s run at Bama. The quarterback situation is very similar . Bama had JPW, McElroy, AJ McCarron. They were good for their roles surrounded by talent, and were coachable. They weren’t making guys around them better, but vice versa and they would never be long term NFL guys. The same could be said for Kirby w/ Fromm and Bennett. Don’t @ me about Stetson going to NYC either. He’s never going to be anything on Sundays. Kirby has different challenges than Saban had to face with the Portal and NIL so it will be interesting to see how he handles his QB situation going forward. I’m not sure a coach has ever had as many 5 star guys transfer out as Kirby has. At the same time they’ve won back to back titles and played for another.
I really hope Kirby doesn't have the adaptability and motivational abilities (e.g., somehow keeps his players from getting complacent after year after year of success) that his daddy does. A juggernaut at UGA that lasts for years and years is way worse for us than one at Alabama.

As far as NC hopes, I think Kirby has an advantage in short term, but I believe CJH will be the better long-term choice.

I agree that Kirby has been winning with stacked talent, but he has also benefitted from a weak SEC East.

Re-alignment will change everything for Kirby. He will not be able to glide through the SEC with a 6-3 scheduling, he will be forced to go play tough games every year and will not be saved by weak cross division opponents. He will have to start coaching more and we saw this year he almost got out coached and lost 2, one that should not have even been close.

CJH on the other hand will have the benefit of showing out to teams who only get to see him every 3 years and the coaching cream will rise to the top. Remember even ole’ Saban got out coached in Knoxville this year….

They are in it for Dylan Raiola who is the No. 1 overall player, hopefully they will swing and miss though there like they did with Arch Manning last year. They do have a four star committed already for 2024 though.

Just a matter of time before Kirby bolts for the NFL. Problem solved.
Kirby won’t go to NFL, at least as a head coach. He would retire before taking that on.
In regards to the OP, Beck is supposedly that dude and has a couple 5 stars behind him. So UGA may very well have a “good” QB on the roster. And as mentioned, they are in tight with Dylan who’s looking like the next Mahomes.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Kirby had Justin Fields and let him go. You don't get to have a high level QB when you can't utilize the one you had.

Kirby had Justin Fields and let him go. You don't get to have a high level QB when you can't utilize the one you had.
So if Nico gets inpatient playing behind Milton this year and transfers, what then? Does that mean Heupel sucks? QB's getting itchy for playing time and transferring is pretty much the lay of the land now.

Kirby won’t go to NFL, at least as a head coach. He would retire before taking that on.
In regards to the OP, Beck is supposedly that dude and has a couple 5 stars behind him. So UGA may very well have a “good” QB on the roster. And as mentioned, they are in tight with Dylan who’s looking like the next Mahomes.
IDK, recruiting is so onerous now, coaches are going to burn out alot faster. I can see Kirby moving on in a few years. He's aged about 20 in the last 7.

IDK, recruiting is so onerous now, coaches are going to burn out alot faster. I can see Kirby moving on in a few years. He's aged about 20 in the last 7.
Well, I guess anything is possible. It’s certainly not unreasonable to think Kirby might burn out over time, who knows? For the more successful college coaches there is no off season or time for relaxation.

I don’t see Kirby ever going to the NFL. He is making big money in college and likely has complete control. Not to mention outstanding job security for the foreseeable future. Also, I don’t think Kirby would be a great NFL coach. He is great as a college coach, but I’m not sure he would find the same success in the NFL. My guess is that he stays with GA until he retires or life tells him that he needs a break.

Kirby isn't an NFL coach. Not saying he isn't capable, but his coaching style would not work with the NFL player.
I agree, his style is perfect for college but probably not for the NFL. I’m not going to attempt to list the reasons, but I’m sure we are thinking the same things.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back