Kirby Smart getting desperate for a Good QB?

I agree, his style is perfect for college but probably not for the NFL. I’m not going to attempt to list the reasons, but I’m sure we are thinking the same things.
I think pretty much the reason Saban wasn't meant for the NFL.

Plus he's a Georgia alum coaching his school, has things rolling, and making really good money. Why jump into the great unknown in the NFL where you could be stuck with a horrible organization, and get fired in 3 years.

I agree, his style is perfect for college but probably not for the NFL. I’m not going to attempt to list the reasons, but I’m sure we are thinking the same things.
Kirby is a rah rah guy. He’s highly emotional and he wears his love of UGA on his shoulder. It sucks because not many guys get to go back where they went to school and have great success. He’s not only doing that, but he’s already matched the same number of titles that Spurrier and Fulmer had combined, and they’re pretty much the first SEC coaches that come to mind when making the comparison. He’s got it made right now. But we’re gunning for him.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
Kirby is a rah rah guy. He’s highly emotional and he wears his love of UGA on his shoulder. It sucks because not many guys get to go back where they went to school and have great success. He’s not only doing that, but he’s already matched the same number of titles that Spurrier and Fulmer had combined, and they’re pretty much the first SEC coaches that come to mind when making the comparison. He’s got it made right now. But we’re gunning for him.
Yeah, I can’t argue with that. TN absolutely looks to be headed in the right direction. We’ve all seen what CJH can do when he has a great QB to work with. Who knows, perhaps Milton fills those shoes this coming season perfectly? And if not, it’s a good bet that Nico soon will. Bridging the talent gap with GA won’t happen overnight, but improved recruiting and the portal could pay dividends sooner than many think. There is likely some great football between our programs coming in the near future.

Unfortunately for us the Dawgs ain’t going nowhere as long as Kirby is there they will win the SEC again and be back in the playoff for a chance to 3 peat this season.

You may as well put on UGA gear and head on over to dawgnation if you're going to speak like that. JMO

Reactions: Nooga
Kirby had Justin Fields and let him go. You don't get to have a high level QB when you can't utilize the one you had.
Doesn't UGA have 2-3 guys who were 4 or 5 star talents sitting behind Lucky Charms? What's wrong with them? Were they wrong on all those evals or have they failed to develop them?

Doesn't UGA have 2-3 guys who were 4 or 5 star talents sitting behind Lucky Charms? What's wrong with them? Were they wrong on all those evals or have they failed to develop them?
Yep, two 4 stars and a 5 star. Presumably GA should be fine at QB. Beck looked good last season and hopefully Vandagriff is also challenging for the job.

Reactions: Nooga
IDK, recruiting is so onerous now, coaches are going to burn out alot faster. I can see Kirby moving on in a few years. He's aged about 20 in the last 7.
I sure hope so. He doesn't strike me as an early retirement candidate though. Meathead, super competitive, :not sure what he'd do if he wasn't coaching football" types.

Elements of targeting certainly..View attachment 546178
Particularly this one..View attachment 546177
I can see your point. I personally don’t think it was targeting, but I admit my opinion might be a bit biased. Bullard didn’t lead with his head, and the initial contact was not to the head or neck area. On the other hand he was a defenseless receiver. Should it have been targeting bc of this? I’m not really sure. I kinda thought maybe the call on the field was wrong and perhaps it should have been called unnecessary roughness on a defenseless receiver instead of targeting. But I’m no rules expert for sure. I am sure that you can’t add a different penalty after reviewing. The review was solely to check for targeting.

I can see your point. I personally don’t think it was targeting, but I admit my opinion might be a bit biased. Bullard didn’t lead with his head, and the initial contact was not to the head or neck area. On the other hand he was a defenseless receiver. Should it have been targeting bc of this? I’m not really sure. I kinda thought maybe the call on the field was wrong and perhaps it should have been called unnecessary roughness on a defenseless receiver instead of targeting. But I’m no rules expert for sure. I am sure that you can’t add a different penalty after reviewing. The review was solely to check for targeting.
My team was not playing, so I am not biased. Clearly that was the hit they are trying to remove. It wasn't a tackle. It was an attempt to jar the ball lose with a violent impact. It wasn't called. And Georgia won the game after the momentum shift resulting in TOS losing their guy.

However, by a quick read of the actual rule book, that hit was a penalty that easily should have been called. I don't necessarily agree with the rules change, but if the rule is there to protect defenseless players, then protect them with the rules put in place. And he was clearly defenseless.

VN Store

Back