Kirby is Classless

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
I would want us to pour on more steam ! Participation Ribbon ?

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.

WTF are you talking about. Saban makes his teams play hard to the end. Kirby also was probably embarassed by Mauer earlier in the game, his DC figured something out and they were happy it worked out. Also don't forget that style points matter to playoff chances.

Having said that, I don't like his celebration either, considering they were already up three scores. "Act like you've been there before". But the best solution to that piece of assclownery to do beat them next time.

I’d say ole Kirby has about three years to get a NC. After that he’ll be shown the door like ole Mark R. It’s ok if you can’t handle the truth...go back to your Dog forum and stay off this one troll. By they way calm down and grow up.
It took Saban and Dabo longer than 6 years for their first natty and neither made it to the natty in year 2. You must have a high opinion of smart to hold him to higher standards than Saban and Dabo.

Totally agree it was classless but that is expected from the big UGALY but it could have gotten our QB hurt really bad which brings me to my question. This is not the first time our QB has been clocked from a DB biltz from the back side. Whose fault is that? Is it a QB read issue, stepping up in the pocket, or QB holding the ball too long, etc. Asking because it has happen at least twice this year and will happen more with the success it is having.

Classless my ass. Had someone/anyone just blocked the guy Kirby wouldn't have been celebrating a great play by his defense. If roles were reversed you all would be in here bragging about the massive hit our defense put on Fromm regardless of the score.

Reactions: vol1981
I'm not sure *I* would have called that blitz. I'm not sure if many would there, which I imagine is precisely why it worked to such effect. If we'd thought that were going to happen, we hopefully would have blocked for it. They took advantage of our false sense of security there.

Tennessee will get its payback soon. Kirby was left with a ton of talent when Georgia fired Rict. All he had to do is not screw it up.

It took Saban and Dabo longer than 6 years for their first natty and neither made it to the natty in year 2. You must have a high opinion of smart to hold him to higher standards than Saban and Dabo.
No. He just had a ton of talent. The doggy fans want it now not three years from now. It kinda sounds familiar to our UT fans. Twelve years of bad football says we should of held on to Fulmer and let him leave gracefully. Also the puppy dogs didn’t have an idiot like Mike Hamilton running the show with Haslem up his rear. Hindsight is 20/20. GBO

He is a bastard.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
That’s football and we better get tougher and start to improve. When we can’t beat Georgia State, folks it’s time to hunker down and get ready for a long season. No guarantee that we win another game rest the year.

only losers complain about stuff like that. your missing the point............its our guys fault for assuming the GA took their foot off the gas because they are nice guys. to play in this league, you got to be a dog for 60 minutes. get with the program or get the hell out. dont complain about the other team being good.

We knew Kirby was classless way before this game.

The class program in that state is Tech.

Well OP. Even though I'm in lockstep with those suggesting It's better to play hard every second of all four quarters; that There's nothing wrong with making every down end with the opponents smarting on their arses, I do wholeheartedly agree with you that not only is Kirby classless...
but so are all those other ugly dawgs. I hope our guys take that memory with all that other hobnail stomping crap, and shove it in those puggish faces in Athens next year. Keep fighting Vols!

Clean hit. The thing I hated was the cameras followed Maurer and aired him passing out momentarily. That was unnecessary and unprofessional on ESPN’s part.

How? They follow injured players all the time. Is the producer suppose to be psychic? I was surprised when he collapsed too. They switched off of it quick enough.

I dont have a problem with it either. What I do have a problem with is Smart running down the side line and high fiving another coach after the hit. Smart has no class and I can't wait until we beat the chit out of them.

Utterly rediculous. A coach getting excited @ a play that stopped a drive, recovered a fumble, and took it 70 yards for a TD. Any classy coach would have not watched the play unfold, but ran into the field checking on the opposing teams player to make sure he wasn't hurt too bad. 🙄

I'm happy that about 90% of the responses on here are NOT of the crybaby variety where we boo hoo over spilled milk. This gives me hope.

We knew Kirby was classless way before this game.

The class program in that state is Tech.
Be careful, the 22nd president on here will think you are butthurt calling Kirby classless. They have always been one of the most dirty programs and all of a sudden, split second thinking makes him classy. I know the look they gave each other and it was not a YooHoo we scored, it was OMG, we just blasted his ass!

VN Store

Back