Kirby is Classless

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
In UGAs defense UT was about to score again and no reason to believe it wouldn’t have been by air. BM had already embarrassed them on national tv and if I had to guess they were in the mindset of not letting him do it again. In a twisted way BM should take it as a compliment.

Reactions: sechamp2012
The offensive formation disguised the blitz, whether they checked to it or it was the play call, who knows... It was a great call and a clean hit, BM got welcomed to the SEC, nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, well I know some "insiders" who say you don't.
I’d say ole Kirby has about three years to get a NC. After that he’ll be shown the door like ole Mark R. It’s ok if you can’t handle the truth...go back to your Dog forum and stay off this one troll. By they way calm down and grow up.

Killer instinct.

Maybe our guys need to grow a pair and be as aggressive as our opponents.

This isn't church league charity tournament.

This is the same program that put Kublanow on their Tennessee game ticket the next year after he took a cheap shot at Shy Tuttle and almost ended his career. There is no love here. It’s hate. If Tennessee is in a position to drill their QB in the future, I hope we return the favor. Fourth quarter, freshman, whatever, take the shot.

Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you. "Welcome to the SEC" moment for BM. Let's see what he learned from it. Be nice if HB had a year to bulk up and get used to the talent and speed at this level.

IMO, Pruitt's trying too hard to not show any emotion in the PC's. I get it; this is a new thing for him. I also think he's likely losing a lot of sleep trying to figure out what to do. Unfortunately, the only answer is recruiting. There's a lot of "quit when you get punched" on this roster. Gotta weed it out, and replace it with "That's all you got?"

Building quality, and depth, on the OL and DL is critical. Until UT does, they will never contend in the SEC, or SEC East, against the likes of Bama, UGA, and UF. Saban and Smart get it. You win, or lose, in the trenches. Pruitt gets it as well, he just doesn't have the widebutts at this point. Once those lines improve, everything will get better in a hurry. You can only do so much with a mule at the Kentucky Derby.

Rest assured, if Pruitt ever gets the chance for payback, he'll take it. Doubt if we'd whine about that one.

Go Vols.

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.
The big bad man is mean for playing to the last whistle.. they should have taken it easy on those other poor helpless boys.. also everyone should have received a participation trophy at the conclusion of the contest for all their wonderful effort.. my god grow a sack

At what point should we have let up against UTC?
What would have been best is if we just came to an agreement before the game started to accept the victory and not play at all.. that way nobody would've gotten their fragile little feelings hurt and the two teams could play a rousing game of hopscotch together instead..

It’s football and I don’t have a problem with it happening, Smart and his DC celebrating it on national tv would be billboard material for next year! I thought it was classless celebrating hurting a young man! I don’t remember ESPN showing our coaching staff celebrating after we blew up Chubb.

I saw it and do not for even a split second they were celebrating Mauer possibly being hurt. They were celebrating the scoop and score. Classless? Really? They wore pink for Christ's sake in honor of an opposing coach's deceased wife.

Crap. Everyone grow the h%ll up. It's football and the play would have been celebrated if it had been the other way. Like getting butt hurt when a 17 year old throws a cap.

OR don’t have your starters in the game with 4 min left in a blowout, UGA was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers at that point. UGA took their foot off the gas, what else do you want? Most coaches get scrutinized either way, too conservative or aggressive.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
I saw it and do not for even a split second they were celebrating Mauer possibly being hurt. They were celebrating the scoop and score. Classless? Really? They wore pink for Christ's sake in honor of an opposing coach's deceased wife.

Crap. Everyone grow the h%ll up. It's football and the play would have been celebrated if it had been the other way. Like getting butt hurt when a 17 year old throws a cap.
This world is full of a bunch of victims.. those kids should be celebrating a great defensive play.. they have a lot to be excited about.. they have a program clicking on all cylinders and we provided them with a glorified scrimmage..

But some insist that they should've taken it easy on those poor kids in orange.. its ridiculous.. we have fallen so far

Reactions: GroverCleveland
It sucks but I see no problem with it. We were still attempting to score. If we want mercy we should've ran between the tackles for the rest of the night to keep the clock running. Mauer got buried trying to throw deep. Big boy football.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129

VN Store

Back