King James Says that Summitt's teams would have defeated Staley's teams

This is true but Pat and Andy were coaching when Dawn was still playing. They have coached players older than her so of course they would have a better coaching history of players than her. Dawn has only been at SC 12 years and it took Pat 20 years or so to get Holdsclaw. SC hasn’t had that much time to garner that many great players but Dawn definitely has them moving in the right direction. For starters Aja Wilson can certainly be in the conversation for SEC greats.
This is true, but doesn't change the fact that this comparison between the SC and Tennessee All Star teams is heavily slanted in favor of Tennessee.

Reactions: SCspur
This team would absolutely destroy SC idk who thought of this but its laughable i agree with most on here it would be hard for that team to stay within 30.....one thing i dont like about our team is the point guard love kellie but we hve better options there she would hve a hard time athletically with ty harris and we know what sue bird would do.....now that uconn starting five wheww it really dont get no better than that we could actually go 0-10 in that series n i love lobo but i wouldve put tina charles there

Reactions: Dube
This is true but Pat and Andy were coaching when Dawn was still playing. They have coached players older than her so of course they would have a better coaching history of players than her. Dawn has only been at SC 12 years and it took Pat 20 years or so to get Holdsclaw. SC hasn’t had that much time to garner that many great players but Dawn definitely has them moving in the right direction. For starters Aja Wilson can certainly be in the conversation for SEC greats.
Yeah, but Pat was winning right away. There wasn't an NCAA sanctioned tournament until 1982. Actually, both Tennessee and South Carolina made for what stood as the final four in 1980. Tennessee lost the National Championship Game to Old Dominion. Pat was the head coach of the Olympic team in 1984 when she was only 32 years old. She had won 3 NCAA Tournament Championships by the time she was 38.

This team would absolutely destroy SC idk who thought of this but its laughable i agree with most on here it would be hard for that team to stay within 30.....one thing i dnt like about our team is the point guard love kellie but we hve better options there she would hve a hard time athletically with ty harris n we know what sue bird would do.....now that uconn starting five wheww chile it really dnt get no better than that we could actually go 0-10 in that series

in English...

It’s a dumb comparison and it’s obvious the sport writers in the SEC are very bored. Everyone on the Tennessee graphic outside of Parker could be mothers(age wise) to those on SC’s. Why compare some of greatest players from decades ago to active players still mapping out their legacies? Also you can’t compare Legend Pat Summit who coached well over 30 years at UT to Dawn Staley who hasn’t even had close to half that time at SC? We can probably revisit this in next 20 years but as of right now.... No.

Because we are comparing college lineups not their professional careers... that’s how we can compare.

Just like if someone compared them women of Troy (that was a legit documentary done by HBO) to UConn’s best... we would compare what they did during their college careers not what they did after.

You could also compare individual college awards and team accomplishments.

We may have to wait to have discussions about overall basketball and career but since all their college careers are over let the discussion continue 😊

Lol at the article saying Tennessee only wins 7/10 with those rosters. SC's roster has 4 players from their 2017 team on it's all time team. In 2017, Tennessee had one of its worst teams in program history (went 20-12, lost in 2nd round) and beat that SC team in their only head to head meeting. In Columbia no less. As another poster mentioned, none of SC's players (Wilson included) even start on Tennessee's all time team.

And in terms of Tennessee career, Holdsclaw>>Parker by almost every measure. As dynamic as Parker was, Holdsclaw was every bit as good and won more in a variety of ways.

Pat & Andy had years of coaching players who had only ever played 6-man, half-court basketball; Dawn coaches players who may have gone to clinics taught by Catch, Mique, and other accomplished players. There are more athletic, stronger, knowledgeable, and experienced players now for Dawn to choose from. Dawn doesn't have to coach up a team of corn-fed chicks. But Pat & Andy absolutely struck gold in their recruiting many times - and then coached 'em up.

Reactions: krichunaka
With the lack of sports programming right now, ESPN should pay someone to create a computer simulation contest between all-time best Tennesse vs. UCONN.

I still remember tuning in to the old Ali vs. Marciano computer simulation bout.

A real-life Old-Timer's game might be fun someday, also.

With the lack of sports programming right now, ESPN should pay someone to create a computer simulation contest between all-time best Tennesse vs. UCONN.

I still remember tuning in to the old Ali vs. Marciano computer simulation bout.

A real-life Old-Timer's game might be fun someday, also.

god subject:
Here's my lineup

1- Kellie Jolly
2-Kara Lawson
3-Chamique Holdsclaw
4-Tamika Catchings
5-Candace Parker

god subject:
Here's my lineup

1- Kellie Jolly
2-Kara Lawson
3-Chamique Holdsclaw
4-Tamika Catchings
5-Candace Parker

What about Bobbitt hmm ! I think the only reason she is not on this team is because she only played 2 years ?

I think that SC lineup would fold even against a second round of Lady Vols comprised of Nicky Anosike, Daedra Charles, Bridgette Gordon, Semeka Randall, and Dena Head, particularly being prepared by Pat Summitt.

Reactions: VollyParton
I think that SC lineup would fold even against a second round of Lady Vols comprised of Nicky Anosike, Daedra Charles, Bridgette Gordon, Semeka Randall, and Dena Head, particularly being prepared by Pat Summitt.

you just named my bench

The only one I put in Chamique's class is Maya Moore
And those of you who know me well know I am not a connie fan, but that girl was great on every level.
This is why I am down on Geno, but also not
I too would have gone above and beyond for a kid like that
Pat knew what Maya was

And I am going to tell you a prediction now,,,Jordan Horston will be in that class when she's done
I put Parker ahead of both Chamique and Maya. But, what I do agree with u on, Jordan Horston. This is a totally different sport, but the first time I saw Horston play basketball, I thought of the first time I saw Serena Williams play tennis. The best athlete in her sport, she just has to learn how to use it, even harness it a tiny bit and learn the fine details of the (bb IQ) game and the talent will shine thru

VN Store

Back