King James Says that Summitt's teams would have defeated Staley's teams

Only 7 out of 10? I think more like 9 out of 10.

That SC roster was an excellent college roster. The Tennessee team sans KJH (no offense) is an Olympic roster.

Literally, though; they were all Olympians except her. In her defense, though, she'd probably have 15 assists in a game playing with that roster. A team like that doesn't really need an elite scoring PG. She would be the type of player to really tie the team together: excellent passer who can hit the open shot when needed.

As I said on Twitter, our 2nd team would consist of three Olympians, as well: Gordon, Charles and McCray. And regardless of the guards, would still beat that SC team by double digits.

I almost feel like that question was posed as a late April Fool's joke, and the SC homers claiming SC would win really cracked me up. The only player on that team that could make either of UT's first two teams would be Wilson, and honestly I'm not sure that would happen if we're going by position, because I wouldn't take Wilson over any of those posts in their prime.

Holdsclaw was special! That team with the Meeks...wow!

one of my all-time favs
pure unbridled ambition
Rae could be like this with the right influence
She has all the tools needed, just needs the right words

It’s a dumb comparison and it’s obvious the sport writers in the SEC are very bored. Everyone on the Tennessee graphic outside of Parker could be mothers(age wise) to those on SC’s. Why compare some of greatest players from decades ago to active players still mapping out their legacies? Also you can’t compare Legend Pat Summit who coached well over 30 years at UT to Dawn Staley who hasn’t even had close to half that time at SC? We can probably revisit this in next 20 years but as of right now.... No.

It’s a dumb comparison and it’s obvious the sport writers in the SEC are very bored. Everyone on the Tennessee graphic outside of Parker could be mothers(age wise) to those on SC’s. Why compare some of greatest players from decades ago to active players still mapping out their legacies? Also you can’t compare Legend Pat Summit who coached well over 30 years at UT to Dawn Staley who hasn’t even had close to half that time at SC? We can probably revisit this in next 20 years but as of right now.... No.
Granted, it's not quantitative research here, but it is completely reasonable to compare and contrast one completed college basketball career with another... if just for the purpose of fun discussion on a sport's message board. SC has never had a player the caliber of Holdsclaw or Taurasi.

Granted, it's not quantitative research here, but it is completely reasonable to compare and contrast one completed college basketball career with another... if just for the purpose of fun discussion on a sport's message board. SC has never had a player the caliber of Holdsclaw or Taurasi.

Of course, as speculation is apart of all sports. Just doesn’t make sense to compare the two. SC is just getting started, while Tenn and UConn has been here for years. Those two are more comparable. SC may have a caliber player of those two now or in the future 👀

Who was better Parker or Holdsclaw?

The only one I put in Chamique's class is Maya Moore
And those of you who know me well know I am not a connie fan, but that girl was great on every level.
This is why I am down on Geno, but also not
I too would have gone above and beyond for a kid like that
Pat knew what Maya was

And I am going to tell you a prediction now,,,Jordan Horston will be in that class when she's done

Literally, though; they were all Olympians except her. In her defense, though, she'd probably have 15 assists in a game playing with that roster. A team like that doesn't really need an elite scoring PG. She would be the type of player to really tie the team together: excellent passer who can hit the open shot when needed.

As I said on Twitter, our 2nd team would consist of three Olympians, as well: Gordon, Charles and McCray. And regardless of the guards, would still beat that SC team by double digits.

I wouldn't even put South Carolina's "team" as the second best in the SEC. Landers at Georgia coached Janet Harris, Teresa Edwards, Katrina McCain, Saudia Roundtree, Kelly Miller, among countless others. Say what you will about Landers, but that team would still smoke South Carolina's...

I would personally take Parker over Holdsclaw. Parker had more of a warrior mentality than Holdsclaw in my opinion. They are two different types of players so it's hard to compare. Catch was kind of like a blend of both those two. Fantastic players for sure.

Maya was no secret to me. I lived in Marietta and she played for Collins Hill In Gwinnett and for the GA Metros...I saw her Metro team matchup with our GA Pistol 15u and 16U teams in 05 and 06....I saw then what I see now in Jordan

Rennia is THE player right now, but Jordan has the same work ethic and confidence that Maya had. The difference between Rennia and Jordan's is the position they play and the consistency of intensity during games. If Ren starts playing every second like it is her last, she too will hit this level.

Jordan hit the Freshman wall mid season and started to liftoff again at the end of the season...The tournament was her time...equal to the win or go home environment of AAU,

You'll see,,,we are in good hands moving forward

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
I would personally take Parker over Holdsclaw. Parker had more of a warrior mentality than Holdsclaw in my opinion. They are two different types of players so it's hard to compare. Catch was kind of like a blend of both those two. Fantastic players for sure.

agree, impossible to compare the two bc of the vastly different game

I wouldn't even put South Carolina's "team" as the second best in the SEC. Landers at Georgia coached Janet Harris, Teresa Edwards, Katrina McCain, Saudia Roundtree, Kelly Miller, among countless others. Say what you will about Landers, but that team would still smoke South Carolina's...

This is true but Pat and Andy were coaching when Dawn was still playing. They have coached players older than her so of course they would have a better coaching history of players than her. Dawn has only been at SC 12 years and it took Pat 20 years or so to get Holdsclaw. SC hasn’t had that much time to garner that many great players but Dawn definitely has them moving in the right direction. For starters Aja Wilson can certainly be in the conversation for SEC greats.

VN Store

Back