Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

Vols2015

Kim Mulkey named LSU’s head basketball coach. This may be a bit frightening for the SEC, or maybe not. Remember Gail Goestenkors run with Duke, and the not so smooth, same run with Texas? We shall see.

Kim Mulkey is new LSU women's basketball coach, leaving Baylor in blockbuster hire

Wonder what happens to the newly signed Jordan Lewis with Baylor, and all her newly signed players/existing players?

Don’t be surprised if Smith, Egbo, Ursin, and Lewis all follow her to LSU. They can all play next year as well due to the new automatic waiver.

The SEC is going to look a lot different next year. Also, look out for Baylor to make a push for Walz and Joni Taylor from Georgia.

shocked
giphy.gif

Don’t be surprised if Smith, Egbo, Ursin, and Lewis all follow her to LSU. They can all play next year as well due to the new automatic waiver.

The SEC is going to look a lot different next year. Also, look out for Baylor to make a push for Walz and Joni Taylor from Georgia.
Joni Taylor? Really? I'd think they'd aim a bit higher...

unlike Gail G,,she is coming in on a high roll,,,not years later,,,be prepared SEC
Gail Goestenkors made it to the national title two years before moving to Texas. Her teams for a good solid 10 years were always in the top 10. Her final year before leaving for Texas, she had a 32-2 record at Duke. I’m not sure it’s fair to say Gail didn’t come into Texas on a high.

Kim Mulkey named LSU’s head basketball coach. This may be a bit frightening for the SEC, or maybe not. Remember Gail Goestenkors run with Duke, and the not so smooth, same run with Texas? We shall see.

Kim Mulkey is new LSU women's basketball coach, leaving Baylor in blockbuster hire

Wonder what happens to the newly signed Jordan Lewis with Baylor, and all her newly signed players/existing players?

Funny how a coach would fight to recruit and as so as he or she gets extra 2 dollars they leave those players stand stranded.

Well we are screwed

Why? Kim can recruit, and she can coach, but for someone who only won one Championship with arguably the most dominant center in the game, I don’t see this as huge. Also, the SEC is much more competitive than the Big12. We continuously have 7-8 ranked teams. The Big12 has maybe two or three. She won’t be able to play the cupcakes at LSU like she does every year at Baylor.

Funny how a coach would fight to recruit and as so as he or she gets extra 2 dollars they leave those players stand stranded.
I don’t even see in the article where they confirm how much Mulkey is making with LSU. I can’t imagine they are paying her more than the Men’s coach. She has to either be getting paid similar pay, or a pay cut with the incentive of an increase dependent on results.

VN Store

Back