Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

Why? Kim can recruit, and she can coach, but for someone who only won one Championship with arguably the most dominant center in the game, I don’t see this as huge. Also, the SEC is much more competitive than the Big12. We continuously have 7-8 ranked teams. The Big12 has maybe two or three. She won’t be able to play the cupcakes at LSU like she does every year at Baylor.
If she recruits at the level that she did at Baylor, the SEC will be the Dawn & Kim Show. The SEC may have had more ranked teams than B12, but realistically, how many could seriously challenge a "Baylor in the SEC" team?

If she recruits at the level that she did at Baylor, the SEC will be the Dawn & Kim Show. The SEC may have had more ranked teams than B12, but realistically, how many could seriously challenge a "Baylor in the SEC" team?
It actually makes the SEC more attractive for all players. Some players probably don’t like certain coaches, and this brings back the rivalry we had with LSU during the Semona Augustus/Sylvia Fowles - Candace Parker/Lady Vol rivalry!

Am always going to be happy for people's choice in life because it's their life however, "BitterCola never tasted how it sounds".. She may go there and retreated going there.

Honestly, it depends because Baylor could get Ole Miss right now and get a competitive game. Kim is great and she will make the SEC better if she has the same type of success. She will make the SEC better by just being in it. I just don’t know how long she sticks around she has had health scares in the past and is turning 59. That’s plenty young sure enough but it depends on her health and how long she wants to do this. Now her being home may rejuvenate her also.

Let’s be clear Kim has a mouth on her and this is NOT the Big12... Dawn and other SEC coaches will address her right back 🤣 i’m here for it!

Wonder if part of her reasoning is Baylor's negative policies towards LGBT.

It's not like they just became that way. They've always been that way, it's just that recently people started to actually pay attention. Not to mention given her obvious feelings about masks and openly advocating for players to be able to play in the FF if they're COVID positive, it's pretty obvious what her politics are.

Reactions: Cockhornleghorn
She will be a terror on the recruiting trail but LSU ain't Baylor. If she's bringing players with her, they will compete immediately. Whether the new team has the stamina to sustain is another story.

Didn’t think Mulkey had that many years left at Baylor. But, I thought she would’ve retired after her spinal injury. Because she’s seemed checked out the last couple of seasons. To me that is.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
She will be a terror on the recruiting trail but LSU ain't Baylor. If she's bringing players with her, they will compete immediately. Whether the new team has the stamina to sustain is another story.
Tennessee might be permanent #3-#4 at best in the SEC now

Reactions: WVU05UT09
It's not like they just became that way. They've always been that way, it's just that recently people started to actually pay attention. Not to mention given her obvious feelings about masks and openly advocating for players to be able to play in the FF if they're COVID positive, it's pretty obvious what her politics are.
Let’s not forget that Kim Mulkey has had her controversial moments while during her tenure at Baylor.

Reactions: Lucy
Why? Kim can recruit, and she can coach, but for someone who only won one Championship with arguably the most dominant center in the game, I don’t see this as huge. Also, the SEC is much more competitive than the Big12. We continuously have 7-8 ranked teams. The Big12 has maybe two or three. She won’t be able to play the cupcakes at LSU like she does every year at Baylor.

While it's true that she's underachieved, especially given she only got one NC and two FFs with Griner, she's the only current HC besides Geno and Tara with multiple NCs. That says a lot. She's just as good of a coach as Walz, who many around here seem to think is the bee's knees, and Staley. Granted, she has three NCs and should probably have 5-6, but it's not like WBB is just crawling with elite coaches.

Reactions: WVU05UT09 and Lucy

VN Store

Back