Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Or he hired a qualified coach. This happens on every level in sports. Assistant move on to head coaching jobs. In the NFL, offensive and defensive coordinators of winning teams with no head coaching experience are the top candidates for head coaching vacancies year in and year out. A strong head coach can win on any level. At some point they need to drop this mid-major label because it clouds the mind of a typical fanatic. Some people just want to spread negativity and complain no matter who is hired.

Hiring a coach who's spent one year at Marshall and prior to that being at some Div. II or Div.. III school that nobody has heard of could
not be classified as a "good eye," IMO. It would be a desperation shot in the dark. There are at least 5-7 good candidates with very impressive backgrounds at //major programs// (but with less cachet and earning less money)---Gonzaga, Oklahoma, OSU, etc.---who would be better bets to succeed at this level. I would see it has a failure to land one of those "comers" or anybody who's a proven major-program winner. And I'm quite sure that White would know that, from a PR perspective, such a hire would be greeted by UT fans and others with a resounding, "What?" Nobody seems to know how much White is willing to spend on a new coach. One would certainly hope that the guy has no interest in frugality when it comes to reviving this program.

This. Guy. Gets. It.

Danny understands this is THE hire that will determine if the Lady Vols return to the top echelon of programs or if we stay a 20-12 type team for the next decade. There is a time to take a calculated risk as an AD - this is not that time. You have to hire a winner.

My friend knows several of the biggest donors. This all via on of them. I don’t know specifics.

So this is like fourth-hand dope at best? Assuming that White doesn't take big money donors along when he interviews players.

At face value, this would mean that Danny White is an ___ who can't be trusted with confidential information and shoots his mouth off to impress people with money.

That's IF the tale was told accurately from players to White to donor to other donor to you.

Reactions: brittannica
Wow. You my friend are a true fan.

You're right, I am.

Check the post history all the way back to Pruitt. I haven't said a negative thing about Hype, nor have I said anything about Barnes nor Vitello. I was a fan of Barnes when he was struggling at first, same with Tony V.

I'm sorry I don't want mediocre as a coach. So again, you are right, I am a true fan. We're talking the Lady Vols, the program that's had the most success, so I want the absolute best, so don't get your panties in a twist when I'm not happy with a potential coaching hire.

Reactions: VolFuture
Kara declined to interview. Heard Gottlieb was staying on West coast. I don't see the difference between Molly Miller and Kim and everyone wanted Molly just a couple weeks ago. Both will be hires with a lot of questions to be answered. Everyone has to start somewhere Geno was an Assistant and Dawn was coaching at Temple with a lot less success than she is having now.

“Everyone wanted Molly” that’s literally not true

You're right, I am.

Check the post history all the way back to Pruitt. I haven't said a negative thing about Hype, nor have I said anything about Barnes nor Vitello. I was a fan of Barnes when he was struggling at first, same with Tony V.

I'm sorry I don't want mediocre as a coach. So again, you are right, I am a true fan.
If you’re openly rooting for a coach that has yet to do anything at a school to fail then no you’re not a true fan.

I don't Facebook, so could you just post a clip on VN? I mean, I hope this doesn't happen, that is the hire, but this is just too good of a promise not to document and hold you to.

It deserves its own separate thread here...maybe a running list of promises and challenges with followup videos with the big payoffs. Maybe have a voting process for members to register their preferences for best self- humiliation moment.

Reactions: krichunaka
This. Guy. Gets. It.

Danny understands this is THE hire that will determine if the Lady Vols return to the top echelon of programs or if we stay a 20-12 type team for the next decade. There is a time to take a calculated risk as an AD - this is not that time. You have to hire a winner.
But there’s better options 😭

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back