Kiffin signs new contract extension with Ole Miss

Dude, if a coach has ever lost a football game then Boston doesn't support him. Doesn't matter Herman beat Oklahoma with baker Mayfield in a year they went to the CFP. Doesnt matter Herman puts out top 10 offenses yearly. Doesn't matter he had 1 loss in 4yrs id 20pts or more and most are within 7pts. If he didn't win them all then he sucks.

We need a coach who can get us from 3-7 to 8-9. Pretty confident Herman can do that. He also might go to a conference title game. Win a sugar bowl. Win 10-12 games too. Has a high ceiling. But that's apparently not good enough around here.
They would rather have Freeze who had to give up 27 wins for recruiting cheating Sark is a good hire after what he has done this year.

If he didn’t win them all? How about not losing at home to teams like TCU and Iowa State in year 4? And I stand by my belief that just because you win 8 games a year at a place with the resources like Texas possesses, doesn’t mean you can replicate that at a school that plays in a tougher conference and has less resources than Texas.

We have less resources? Lol. You clearly don't know how stuff works. Money can only buy so much. A helmet costs what a helmet costs. Cosches can only do so many visits and private jet costs what a private jet costs. We have better facilities than Texas. Does our players wear less quality football gear than Texas players? It doesn't matter if you are worth $1B or $1M friend, a $50k car is a $50k. It isn't better just because a billionaire drives it.

So actually we currently provide better resources to our program than Texas because we have better facilities than they do. We pay assistants top market money just as any school does. We also play in a better conference which attracts the top athletes more so than the big 12.

Next excuse for not wanting to trade a 3-7 coach for a young winning coach with top 10 offenses? Oh, and we can do it on the cheap. We won't pay his buyout, and Texas will be paying his salary for awhile too. So TN can't hide behind the budget and finances excuse now.

Herman is a massive upgrade over Pruitt. If you have a better option for the cost we could get him and his staff for we are all ears. Who is your better solution?

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
We have less resources? Lol. You clearly don't know how stuff works. Money can only buy so much. A helmet costs what a helmet costs. Cosches can only do so many visits and private jet costs what a private jet costs. We have better facilities than Texas. Does our players wear less quality football gear than Texas players? It doesn't matter if you are worth $1B or $1M friend, a $50k car is a $50k. It isn't better just because a billionaire drives it.

So actually we currently provide better resources to our program than Texas because we have better facilities than they do. We pay assistants top market money just as any school does. We also play in a better conference which attracts the top athletes more so than the big 12.

Next excuse for not wanting to trade a 3-7 coach for a young winning coach with top 10 offenses? Oh, and we can do it on the cheap. We won't pay his buyout, and Texas will be paying his salary for awhile too. So TN can't hide behind the budget and finances excuse now.

Herman is a massive upgrade over Pruitt. If you have a better option for the cost we could get him and his staff for we are all ears. Who is your better solution?
First off Texas can walk out it’s back door and sign a top five recruiting class every year. Secondly I’m laughing at the idea that Herman would take anything less than market value to be the Head Coach here simply because he’s getting a $15 million buyout from Texas. And yes for the umpteenth time he would be better than Pruitt, but just because he would be better than Pruitt doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed to win 8-9 games a year here.

If you put Fulmer, Anderson, Thornton and Haslam in a room together one of the few things they would agree upon would be they would rather piss on Kiffin than ever give him another penny. Haslam is largely responsible for Kiffin getting the job the first time and he burned him on the way out.
Haslam loves Kiffin, Haslam hate Fulmer and Anderson. Thornton isn't involved much anymore

Why would you say a lesser coach? Because he's made mistakes and was fired? Maybe where we was wasn't a good fit. Who knows, but they made a move because they knew they needed one. We know we need to change and won't do it.
Hermans record vs Sark.'s Speaks for itself and thats not including his "mistakes".

Well, I thought people would be interested in it. Seems they are! The admin can move it, no problem!

You know what? You're right. I apologize. It's my problem. We've played 11 seasons of football since Kiffin walked out on us and some of our fans are still playing the role of a love-sick Scarlet O'Hara. I guess I just identify more with Rhett Butler's attitude.

iu

First off Texas can walk out it’s back door and sign a top five recruiting class every year. Secondly I’m laughing at the idea that Herman would take anything less than market value to be the Head Coach here simply because he’s getting a $15 million buyout from Texas. And yes for the umpteenth time he would be better than Pruitt, but just because he would be better than Pruitt doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed to win 8-9 games a year here.

Have you been to Texas? TN is closer to elite talent than they are. They are also competing with Texas am in-state so they no longer have that on lock down. They have a great brand. So does TN. Every loser we've have here has had top 10 classes, butch even a top 5. So you fail with another point.

Haha. Yes.. I assume he would want market value. Generally, a buy-out is paid out over time and pay at a new job off sets the buy-out. See if you can figure it out from there.

Yea.. and again, who is a guarantee for anything? Called informed decisions based on track record. There is not a coach available with a better track record.

You'll get what you want. We won't hire Herman. We will stick with the guy who's track points out it is a high likelihood TN will lose 6-7 games next year.

Good luck Pal.

Have you been to Texas? TN is closer to elite talent than they are. They are also competing with Texas am in-state so they no longer have that on lock down. They have a great brand. So does TN. Every loser we've have here has had top 10 classes, butch even a top 5. So you fail with another point.

Haha. Yes.. I assume he would want market value. Generally, a buy-out is paid out over time and pay at a new job off sets the buy-out. See if you can figure it out from there.

Yea.. and again, who is a guarantee for anything? Called informed decisions based on track record. There is not a coach available with a better track record.

You'll get what you want. We won't hire Herman. We will stick with the guy who's track points out it is a high likelihood TN will lose 6-7 games next year.

Good luck Pal.
Herman has no offset or mitigation language in his contract. He gets all $15 million regardless of the salary at his next job.

That no offset stuff must be all the rage now. I guess the universities need to hire an agent. Jimmy Sexton is cleaning their clock.

VN Store

Back